it's clearly miles davis

silent way > itcock > loop zoop 2 > abbey road

your life is a joke

the only joke here is your inferior taste in music

ha, gottem

this

Which is better: 1969 hard mode

>any album, in any year, being better than Led Zeppelin II
Led Zeppelin II is AOTM (album of the millennium)

Are you 12 or something?

If I had to pick one, it would be The Velvet Underground. Five Leaves Left or ITCOTCK are probably tied for second.

what a year for music, christ

Back then They dropped multiple great albums in one year. Now we have to wait years for at least one to drop. What happened Sup Forums?

We have a lot more to entertain ourselves with now.

In a Silent Way by miles

Abbey Road > Led Zep > Miles >>> King Crimson

Not that King Crimson is bad.
It's just not very good either

Still In a Silent Way, though Moondog comes close

Abbey Road = Miles = KC >>>>>>>Zeppelin II

in a silent way > ITCOTCK >> abbey road >>>>>> zeppelin 2

Counterclockwise starting at King Crimson

I can't believe you zero taste faggots actually think king crimson is even close to in a silent way

this, undebatable

They're all excellent and I don't think there's any wrong order

Stop immediately

TMR > ITCOTCK > Moondog > In A Silent Way > Song's Of Leonard Cohen > Happy Sad > TVU > The Stooges > Abbey Road > Ummagumma > LZ > > FIve Leaves Left > Everybody Knows This Is Nowhere The Band > Tommy > Monster Movies > Sly And The Family Stone > LZ II > CS&N >Space Oddity

I think you forgot a cover. The bottom left one is just a black square.

The only correct answer.

What's so special about In A Silent Way
>muh electric piano vamps
>muh atmosphere whooaaa
>muh tape "experimentation" (i.e. copying and pasting 5 minutes from the beginning of each side to the end to add 10 minutes to the album cause he couldn't be assed to come up with more material)

>not being able to appreciate john's jay dropping guitar work and his wonderful tone
>not being able to appreciate one of Davis' most powerful and ethereal performances
>not being able to appreciate the way the keyboards hang in the air, fluttering, ringing out like wind chimes, calling to one another
>not being able to appreciate the way the songs are structured in a way that mirrors the classical sonata form

In a Silent way is a gorgeous and ethereal journey through the far reaches of outer space. It's beauty is unparalleled. ITCOTKC Is an excellent album, but it more closely resembles a surrealist, yet slightly shlocky, adventure. It's not really fair comparison, to be honest. IASW is so far above what everyone else was doing at the time and, in some ways, what everyone is doing today.

Yes, ITCOTKC is far more accessible which is likely why the majority of this thread ranks it first. But spending time with IASW is one of the most rewarding choices I've ever made. It's a very subtle album, so it takes time to grow on you. It won't jump out at you immediately with impressive theatrics like ITCOTKC does. But to the patient listener, it's clearly the superior album.