"this album got me through a difficult time in my life"

>"this album got me through a difficult time in my life"

Metallica Reloaded

>"this album changed the way I view music"

>"this album is the soundtrack to my life"

>"this album is literally me"

>this album made me a better person

>i'm 16 years old and can't express myself sincerely so i'll continue to only enjoy music under a layer of irony because i am afraid of feeling actual emotions for once in my pathetic life

people who say this shit are inherently narcissists who care about themselves way more than they care about music

Exactly! Fucking horrible. Show a good side of this board for once.

Or they're people whose identity was at limbo at some point in their life and music helped them gain some sense of direction. Hell, it's more likely music as a medium of expression matters more to them than it does to you if this is your interpretation of those generic quotes.

people who use names on an anonymous music board are inherently narcissists who care about themselves way more than they care about music

This is completely backwards. People who say things like this frequently have formed extremely strong and personal connections with the music they are referring too, and care about them deeply. Probably much more than people who try to keep their consumption and enjoyment as objective as possible.

Are you implying you have never formed a connection with a piece of music? If so, why are you even here?

I have formed connections with music I enjoy, just not of the autistic variety like you.

People who complain about namefags yadda yadda projection I'll just leave since this clearly isn't a thread for reasonable discussion.

>People who say things like this frequently have formed extremely strong and personal connections with the music they are referring too
bullshit.
people who say things like this want other people to believe that they've formed a personal connection with the music. look how many youtube comments on any given 21 pilots video are teenage attention whores claiming "this music prevented me from committing suicide." how many of those do you think are actually true? if you say anything more than 0% then you're a gullible idiot

way to play the victim my dude, it really makes my heart ache, but its almost as if your use of a name has deterred from the musical discussion by its simple existance

this, a personal connection is just that, personal. the projection of your "connection," especially on social media is nothing more than vanitey

Shut the fuck up.

>I don't believe anything anyone says

damn dude I'm sorry

Those are some pretty reasonable priorities are they not

>it's a brandon trying to act tough episode

I wish you could see the way my eyes rolled after I read this, another one of your worthless, asinine posts

he's not wrong, crazium de-rails threads more than he does.

crazium is absolutly worse

underrated post

truly

fuck this insincere post-modern smugness. how can you be interested in music to the point that you post on Sup Forums and be like this?

there is a clear difference from having a deep love for music, and feeling the need to project that fact

what if you are just trying to contextualize the love you have for an album that is important to you?

>Telling someone to stfu means I'm tying to be tough.
Ok.
I don't think I've ever once seen him talk about music. It's the same shit he did in this thread.

if you think "contextualizing the love you have for an album" isn't bad, go to rym and check out some random reviews. You'll see what we're talking about.

that's fine. the statements from earlier in the thread are typically used on their own though (at least on social media) and come across as shallow and insensere. there is nothing more to their opinion on the music, it's just being used as an accessory, the same way someone wears a purse or watch

that's my biggest problem with him as well, I don't think there is a person on this website who could tell you a single album/artist he likes, it all just gender politics and contrarianism

>I know the correct way to behave and enjoy music, everyone else is wrong

are you talking about this from like an actual music criticism lense because I was thinking about it more anecdotally. I think saying these things is fine but yeah I don't think there is much place for them in an actual review of an album.

I don't see anything wrong with someone saying an album got them trough something. You don't really know what someone has been through. An album or artist that person likes could have helped them in some way, through their word or through their music. Putting on an album can take your mind off things for a while, you can forget your problems, or whatever's going on in your life and you can have some escape for a while. I do think saying an album has changed someones life may be a bit of an exaggeration. I've never had an album really change my life, but I have had an album (cKy - infiltrate. destroy. rebuild) inspire me to delve into other music that wasn't played on the radio .

agreed

Why are you trying to compare people who actually have an interest in music to teenagers commenting on 21 pilots youtube videos?

This user gets it. It's just music guys.

>i was on the verge of suicide before i listened to this album and now those problems don't matter because of a few songs