Controversial opinion thread

>First wave punk rock and nu-metal are objectively the same when it comes to quality

70's rock music is mostly better than 80's rock music. 90's and 00's rock music sucks.

Everything The Velvet Underground Did, Swans did 10× worse.

That's not a controversial opinion at all dude. In fact it's barely an opinion, it's the fucking truth.

The Microphones suck badly in comparison with NMH, they're insufferably boring.

>First wave punk
Like the dead Kennedys, or GG Allin?
If you’re talking dead Kennedys I agree, if GG Allin I think the recording quality was the only thing that held him back the murder junkies were a decent backing band too.

this

please for the love of god let this be bait.

And good work holding an actualy controversial opinion, I can say I was legitmently a bit triggered

60s=70s>90s>80s>00s>10s

Dead Kennedys are shit and you know it.

thanks for the conformation bud

The entirety of the 80s and most of the 70s were a huge mistake

Jazz Fusion is better than rock

In all seriousness though the original comment wasn’t bait.

You don't actually like music, just circus meme noises

by "first wave punk" he meant first wave punk, the ramones, the clash, richard hell, you know the first wave of punk

Yeah that hit me afterwards.

Nu metal also objectively requires more talent and creativity. How many crappy dadpunk bands that Christgau masturbates over successfully incorporated turntables, rapping, funk groove and catchy yet aggressive melodies.

I mean, it depends on the first wave punk we're talking about. The Ramones and the Dead Kennedys are shit when it comes to technical skill (still fun to listen to), but shit like The Clash's lesser known (non-Combat Rock) stuff is actually pretty solid. The Voidoids could fucking rip too.

>successfully

But yeah most of those dadpunk were too racist and classist to do anything interesting, especially the hardcore bands

How? I like both of them, but they're not really similar at all

Led Zeppelin are hacks in every sense of the word. Literally the worst elements of rock music coalesced into one overrated glob of mediocrity.

Deep Purple peaked with their first three albums.

god why do I want to fuck blondes SO FUCKING MUCH

a strong sense of ethnic pride

You're a pedophile

How is he a pedo?

thank you! I'm real glad to find like minded people are living on this planet still

Sun Baked Snow Cave is the best Boris album.

n00b

not when feedbacker

who is the girlie?

Noise Rock is mostly an absolute shit genre with no effort put into the songs.

Swans' earliest material like Filth and Cop was absolute fucking dogshit and their branching out into goth rock and post rock was the best career move any band has ever made.

Bu-but muh deep lyrics!

Songs About Fucking is Big Black's worst album and probably the least interesting album of Steve Albini's career. the only reason it's popular is because the name of the album is Songs About Fucking and there's a cartoon girl getting painal on the cover.

feedbacker and flood are tied for second.

been looking, cant find a thing

Bathory only got good when they went to Viking Metal starting with Hammerheart

Black metal and related are effectively the antithesis of jazz. Always trying to confirm to very specific requirements that qualify them to their genre, never branching out or pushing the boundary. For this reason Death Metal in particular has remained utterly unchanged since 1988.

Don't bother I have no idea who she is either, I might have one more pic of her somewhere stored but it's samey so I'm not gonna bother looking for it. Keep in mind that she's around 14 year old.

jeez if that's 14 I don't blame senator moore

Father John Misty is the best currently relevant indie artists and one of the best songwriters of this generation

>Always trying to confirm to very specific requirements that qualify them to their genre, never branching out or pushing the boundary
you've literally listened to 10 black metal albums haven't you?

Please tell me you aren't suggesting one must listen to more than 10 black metal albums to find a unique one.

>14
Why are the cutest girls illegal, it’s not fucking fair

>Why are the cutest girls illegal, it’s not fucking fair
only in america this happens, europeans (especially eastern ones) don't give a fucking shit anymore.

>rush is a dad rock band that never wrote a good song

because you're a pedo and a virgin

This is objectively true. Some people just don't want it to be.

indeed they're both great

hebes are the master race

The Ooz is fucking shite and Six Feet Beneath the Moon is far superior.

Looks underage

swedish and british hardcore is the best hardcore, americans have no clue

>Nickelback really isn't that bad of a band. >Queen, Nirvana, Sonic Youth, Sex Pistols, and others like them are overrated, and have one of the most obnoxious fanbases of all time. Some of the music is alright, but the fanbases are terrible.
>Indie music artists are hipster scum.
>Modern rappers like Lil Yachty, XXXTentacion, Kodak Black, Lil Pump, etc. are fucking disgraceful.
>90% of country music from the last 15 years is shit.

this is true, americans don't know how to d-beat

ayy my man

you are a huge mistake

look into Skin Graft records

If you listen to the wrong 10 albums you could think every genre is always unchanging
Also death metal is really different from black metal, the former is proggier and more aggressive/technical, while the latter is often more atmospheric and open to outside influences.
If you lump black metal and death metal as "black metal and related" you don't know what you're talking about

>music
>objectivity

that's not how it works

Metal and most of its sub-genres are the best music has to offer