Help me, Sup Forums. You're my only hope

I can't stop being incredibly hyped for Rogue One, even though I'm 90% sure it's going to be an awful flop. I can easily set aside expectations for any other movie with casual cynicism, and did so with Force Awakens, thankfully.

Is it the nostalgia-baiting that's been dialed up to eleven that's getting to me here? I already know the movie is full of bland action sequences and shitty dialogue, and my hype still won't settle down. What the fuck's wrong with me?

I keep telling myself it's because of the fucking amazing actors that they've brought together for this one. Alan, Donnie, Ben, and Mads are incredible.

But that can't save a movie. Prequels had Samuel, Christopher, Natalie, and Ewan, whom I all loved at the time, and the Prequels turned out to be diarrhea in spite of them.

Am I a total lost fucking cause here? I'm still rewatching trailers and TV spots and now I'm looking at buying action figures. Fucking action figures, I haven't collected Star Wars figures since right after Episode 1 came out.

Is anyone else going through this, any other SW fans? How can I brace myself for the very likely chance that Rogue One is going to be fucking terrible and crush my soul?

Kill yourself shill.
sage

Expressing fear of the very likely chance this movie is going to suck is shilling?

You're fucking even more retarded than I am.

Star Wars doesn't need shilling, it'll keep turning a profit regardless of its quality probably until the liberal acceptance bubble collapses and the politically correct nonsense they're pushing backfires.

As a Star Wars fan, Rogue One looks fucking terrible. I do not understand how anyone can be hyped for it.

I honestly wish this movie never got made and that Disney focused on some other original story.

>now I'm looking at buying action figures.
yeah I did this for TFA but I don't feel like buying any for Rogue One.

>Star Wars doesn't need shilling

Shill pls. EVERY movie needs shilling nowadays.

> My actual excitement for a return to the OT is colliding with RLM told me about any Star Wars made after the OT whaaaaaa

Not gonna make excuses for myself as I'm already a lost cause, but...

I never liked the Skywalkers and all the Jedi/Sith force superpowers bullshit. I loved Jabba's palace, I loved the soldiers and militaries and the gritty real-world feel.

So I guess terrible writing and CGI snoozefest action aside, this is still the Star Wars I've been wanting.

I was a fan of most of Episode 1. I liked the podracing minus the announcer, I liked the Theed scenes, I enjoyed the cutting between four different areas of battle in the climax, a la Return of the Jedi.

Attack of the Clones was a trashy mess to me, a pile of garbage with some cool Jango scenes and a cool Jedis getting slaughtered by a flood of droids in an arena scene.

Revenge of the Sith I liked the least; the trailers promised a whole bunch of shots of different battles with the Jedi leading soldiers on different worlds, and we got a bunch of shitty lightsaber fights and drama.

Felicity > Natalie > Carrie > Daisy

fight me

I'm skipping the Disney cash grab

OP here, wish I could do the same. I'm skipping out on seeing Star Wars Ep 8 in theaters for sure, but I'll probably watch it on dvd whenever my friends get it.

Han Solo movie I was on the fence about, but now that they're greasing the edges and dangling a twinkie to shove Emilia Clarke in it, it's probably a lost cause as well.

she seriously lookes like a qt pi young milf who makes bad decisions

someone at disney has a thing for sebaceans

>I'm skipping out on seeing Star Wars Ep 8 in theaters for sure, but I'll probably watch it on dvd whenever my friends get it.
You are a fucking moron!

Skipping out on Episode 8 but going to see Rogue One in the cinema?

Fuck off..

Uh, why? I'm mildly curious as to what asspull they're going to use to explain Luke not taking responsibility for his edgelord apprentice

And the Republic being so actively uninvolved in rising threats like the First Order that everyone who gave a fuck split off to form a Resistance

Rogue One at least purportedly will tie into events I give a fuck about. Whether or not it will be as pants on head retarded as Force Awakens was, time will tell I guess.

>being hyped for a star wars flick
how old are you?

Spotted the prequel autist