Jackie Chan

I haven't watched any Jackie Chan movies, which 3 should I start by watching? Which film is his absolute best?

Drunken Master > Rumble in Bronx > Rush Hour

The Fearless Hyena>Drunken Master

Unless you were talking about The Legend of Drunken Master?

Police Story
Drunken Master 2
Wheels on Meals

Watch Shinjuku Incident,its really underrated

thanks everyone, I'm stealing[/stealing] your suggestions now

wait a minute
can you differenciate between the based chinese set martial arts from the "le quirky guy who wants no trouble in america"? because im not really interested in the later. Legend of drunken master was great, and im also a big fan of bruce lee if that helps

you got trabble buddy

*unzips dick*

Snake in the eagles shadow is the best jackie kino.

That and the one where the villain literally kills himself with his own ultimate technique

Police Story is the first you should watch; it's modern setting and somewhat realistic depiction of fighting, plus a ton of insane stunts and stupid physical comedy, make it maybe more approachable than some of his older movies that feature more traditional and stylised kung-fu.

Second is Project A. No-one has mentioned this yet. It's more of an adventure than a straight kung-fu movie; it's about pirates. Jackie Chan in a 1920's Asia Pacific pirate movie should be enough to make anyone interested, but wait! The movie also features Samo Hung and Yuen Biao, plus loads of awesome Buster Keaton type stunts, comedy, and is generally fucking excellent.

Third up: Dragons Forever. No-one has mentioned it yet... this is another modern kung-fu movie, also with Samo Hung and Yuen Biao. Again, a shit load of physical comedy, stunts and fighting, and best of all, Jackie Chan fights a cocaine-fuelled Benny "The Jet" Urquidez in a drug factory at the end. And it's fantastic.

This list is awful, as much as Rumble in the bronx is considered a Jackie Chan classic it really is one of his most boring films. Rush Hour while a good movie is not a great introduction to what Jackie has to offer.

Police Story > Police Story 2 > Wheels on Meals

okay I've started downloading a whole bunch of his movies, will start by watching Police Story tonight

>Police Story > Police Story 2 > Wheels on Meals
Came here to post exactly this

Armour of God is also an adventure movie. Sammo Hung and Yuen Biao are in it also. Its not bad but it was much more fun when I was a kid.

thunderbolt, who am i, drunken master.

Stay away from any of the movies made here by US studios. The ones where he didn't have full control over everything.

This is a good list, but I think Dragons Forever is overrated. I would replace it with Drunken Master II so you get a mix of styles.

rumble in the bronx, rush hour movies, karate kid remake. just watch all of his movies. jackie chan is fucking awesome

Armour of God suffers from not having any particularly good fights, as I recall. At least Armour of God II: Operation Condor has the excellent factory-area fight and some cool stuntwork.

>I haven't watched any Jackie Chan
Are you literally 12 or something? How is that fucking possible

just so you know, for most of his pre hollywood films you can basically skip all non action scenes

Police Story
Police Story 3 (AKA Supercop)
The Legend of Drunken Master (Drunken Master 2)

Drunken Master > City Hunter > Rush Hour

>not liking the courtroom scene in Police Story
>or the answering phones scene
>or the let's-fake-a-murder/rape-so-I-can-rescue-this-girl-and-date-her-scene
You have shit taste.

dont listen to anyone here unless rumble in the bronx is in the list. also, are you in forstraight kung funess, or comedy?

the scenes where hes doing tricks are fine too, but overall most movies dont really have a coherent plot or anything memorable about the story or dialog.

Rumble in the Bronx doesn't even make the top 5. It's fun with some cool fights but I don't know why people keep rating it so high. Maybe because they only watched the best bits on youtube or something.

it was my first jackie chan movie, and my first theatre movie, so it has a special spot for me maybe. i dont think there are any jackie chan movies i dont like though

You know what's good user

Definitely a good choice for a first pick

Never been a fan of martial arts movies until later in my life. When I grew up the only Jackie Chan films that I came in contact with (available for renting) was Shanhai nights and Rush hour, but my family never rented them

Who am I > Rush Hour 2 > Legend of the Drunken Master

Nostalgia is the only reason I like Bronx but overall it's boring a for a Jackie Chan film, there's barely any fights and the characters aside from Jackie are awful

>i dont think there are any jackie chan movies i dont like
Even his post-Rush Hour Hollywood stuff like The Tuxedo and The Medallion?

Drunken Master II, probably a Police Story, Little Big Soldier (Jackie wrote it and it's super good, but no one talks about it.

Also once you've watched all the movies in this thread then you can graduate to the first season of Jackie Chan Adventures.

>he doesn't remember the GOAT fight followed by the GOAT balloon stunt

But it is the only fight in the whole movie, the whole journey to get there isn't that exciting either.

Anyway, Drunken Master 2 is still the tightest shit.

> Shanghai Knights
> not even Shanghai Noon

Jesus Christ, man!

This list is the best in the thread. Wheels on Meals is criminally underrated.

This fight is great, when Jackie kicks that one bitch in the face carrying the box and throws one of them off the balcony, just amazing.

I remember that fight, I just don't think it's very good. It's got the humor factor but not particularly good moves or stunts. Not sure why your pic says Armor of God 2 because that's definitely in 1 btw.

>Wheels on Meals is criminally underrated
No it's not. It's a lame movie that people only like for the end fight which you can just watch on youtube. The movie itself kinda sucks.

Shanghai Knights has better action that Noon even if it's a dumber movie.

Snake in Eagle is easily one of his top 3 Chinese films. I'd pick Fearless Hyena and the 1978 Drunken Master as the perfect triple feature.

wtf i came here to make the same thread

Armour of God 2: Operation Condor
Twin Dragons
Wheels on Meals