Will this be Marvel's masterpiece?

Will this be Marvel's masterpiece?

it will be a kino. a big one. a GRAT one.

>Will this be Marvel's masterpiece?
>it's not produced by Marvel
what did he mean by this?

Regardless of movie quality, Jackman as Wolverine is my jam, he always entertains. When he's gone, they have the hardest decision in capeshit ever in re-casting the role. Only Marvel has it tougher in re-casting Iron man when Downey steps down.

The trailer for this movie looks great but so did the Wolverine Origins one so it's possible this turns out to be shit, but as I said, regardless of anything, Hugh Jackman will give a last performance worth watching, that's for sure.
-Steve

Probably that the peaks of Fox are higher than the peaks of Marvel Studios

They should either just do Daken or X-23. I think people would respond well to legacy characters.

>They should either just do Daken or X-23. I think people would respond well to legacy characters.
Well yeah, Laura in this day and age will make the vocal minority quite happy because she's a strong woman that needs no man, but ultimately, the majority of the people that buys tickets for these movies want the original Wolverine. Daken could work as a replacement if they tweak with the character a bit, particularly his personality and powers.

no at best it'll be a 7/10

>I think people would respond well to legacy characters.

As long as they act nothing like they do in the comics sure, so Daken won't be I HATE MY DADDY AND I LOVE COCK and X-23 won't be a moody bitch with all the emotion of a Vulcan except when crying about "muh trigger scent".

just recast him with Matthew rhys

It will be a generic muh feels drama with flat characters and predictable plot. If you saw anything else in the trailers you're a moron

Hugh and Pat Stew have been playing these characters for almost two decades and this is the last hurrah. This is going to have more soul than every MCU movie combined could ever hope to have.

No, it will be Fox Kino

>this is going to be the last quick cash-in before one of them gets too old and other fucking dies
Fixed that for you senpai

XMEN Apocalypse was unironically better than all three Marvel movies that came out in 2016

I can't even recall what those three movies were. There was the Avengers civil war and that's all I can think of.

>all three Marvel movies that came out in 2016

There were 3 Marvel movies in 2016?

Civil War
Deadpool
Dr Strange

It was until it stopped being in Ancient Egypt and became the mystique show with special guest star Quicksilver.

Again

>XMEN Apocalypse was unironically better than all three Marvel movies that came out in 2016

1. Avengers Civil War
2. Dr Strange (I actually saw this one and forgot it existed until a minute ago)
3. I think there was a new Spider-Man

All this shit is so forgettable compared to Logan kino.

Deadpool is Fox and it's also way better than X-Men as reddit as it is

an older ryan would actually be a decent wolverine

>When he's gone, they have the hardest decision in capeshit ever in re-casting the role.

There is precedence in replacing a good Joker with an absolutely magnificent Joker who makes you forget the previous one ever existed.

Are you taking the piss?

I AM STILL RIGHT HERE

Am I the only person who finds the joker character repulsive and boring?

wolverine solo movies has been terrible up to now.

at this point there's nothing they can't do to worsen the franchise. plus, there's a qt girl in this one.

He's supposed to be repulsive, as for boring, safe seems more appropriate, he is pretty much the most well known antagonist Batman has, no one's lining up to see Killer Moth or The Carpenter.

damn, monsueir la mayor is looking worse for wear

i think tom hardy would make the perfect wolverine

no

it'll be a hacky faux-deep shlockfest that's tonally inconsistent, judging from the trailer

I wasn't a comic guy before, only watched the animated series and the movies. Let me tell you, the comic Joker is so much more interesting because they are not particullary restricted.

This, which is sad because the opening shot made it seem decent

>The Logan Of Us

Yes

The only thing that will redeem this movie is if the little girl ends up being X-23

>one of the problems with X-Men films is that some of the characters don' act like they are in the comics
>wants more characters to not act like how they are in the comics

Fuck off.

This

You completely missed the point of the post, you gibbering stool, Daken and X-23 are written HORRENDOUSLY 90% of the time in the comics, it would actually benefit them to not act like they do there and thus in the movies to avoid the pitfalls there.

fucking moron.

oh hey never heard that one before, you're a funny guy

Autism speaks

It -IS- X-23, the credits on the actress' website gave it away, not like it was a big secret or anything

>have to watch that qt knowing laura's comic lore

being a Bloodplay-focused dominatrix means she never had dicks in her brah haha headcanon

Ugh no. They should get someone more unknown.

I don't know that much about Daken but I guess I wouldn't mind. That hairstyle though.

He's bisexual BTW.

>Wolverine drowned his fence sitting ass

not anymore he isn't

He's just this super edgy, bisexual Wolverine with daddy issues and stupid claws.

Maybe they could downplay the daddy issues and focus more on the suave bixsexual and violent killer elements?

>bixsexual
>fence sitting

Go away Bendis.

That could work but really, they should fix the guy's claws. They're fucking ridiculous.

I wouldn't put it past Disney to patent the dna of existing MCU cast and keep cloning them.

No, it's written and directed by the guy who did The Wolverine which was also promised to be a personal story about Wolverine confronting guilt, mortality, the past, his actions, the place of mutants, etc and wound up just having him slinging himself around on bullet train car roofs with his claws and fighting a big cartoon mech suit. The guy who wrote Green Lantern is one of the writers.

We already know the plot is just Mr. Sinister hunting down all the mutants instead of anything remotely interesting or weighty. It can fuck off for making Jackman's last Wolverine appearance just another dumb shitty shitfest of thin character.

>hurrr what happened to all the mutants?
>durrr they got hunted down by even MORE super mutants lol so sad

>Only Marvel has it tougher in re-casting Iron man when Downey steps down.

Not really. Hugh Jackman's Wolverine is the longest running consistent portrayal of the same character in film history.

If this one tanks can we get an X-Men reboot?

That fucking universe is all over the place.

You got the X-Men of the 80's (with Xavier, Magneto and Mystique done with those movies)

You got the X-Men of the now (with Xavier, Magneto, Wolverine done with those movies, not to mention a now aged cast)

You got Deadpool taking place in the now.

You got Wolverine now taking place in the futur with X-23 in a timeline with none of the other X-Men.

I say they should reboot it, but keep Deadpool.

I'll be back

I think it's tougher in the sense of all the money Downey brings in just by showing up in a Marvel movie as opposed to what Jackman brings.

>>hurrr what happened to all the mutants?
>>durrr they got hunted down by even MORE super mutants lol so sad

i hated this whole bullshit in the comics too. We're supposed to believe there's a genocide of mutants, when the guys who do it are mutants themselves?

>MUH REBOOTS
This mentality is what's killing the industry. Why do you want a reboot anyway? It would just be the same shit again. Fuck off

The only thing that will redeem this movie is if the little girl ends up taking her shoes and socks off

I'm not going to watch the movie so I can preserve my headcanon that all the mutants are gone because Xavier accidentally killed them all as he became senile and Wolverine only survived because his brain regenerated after Charles essentially fried it. Just having the big bad guys killing the mutants once again could not possibly interest me less. It would have been cool to see them do something dark and bleak for Wolverine and Jackman's last movie to really give it gravitas. Could have made X-23 a bigger hope, put more strain between Charles and Logan's relationship, survivors guilt shit, whatever.

Instead we're just gonna get The Wolverine again and he'll run into ninjas and whatever.

>Will this be Marvel's masterpiece?

Yes.

>I'm not going to watch the movie so I can preserve my headcanon

Seems like a good place to stop reading your post

Are they going for another "THE MUTANTS ARE ALMOST EXTINCT IN THE FUTURE"?

Because it kinds of nullifies the point of DOFP

There are times when a reboot isn't a bad thing. Also, that user just showed why a reboot could be a good thing for the X-Men. The franchise is a fucking clusterfuck. It could also give the opportunity to do some characters like Rogue for example (who in the movies is a fugly emo chick without a bone of strength or confidence in her body) right.

>marvel fans so desperate for a decent movie they start claiming Fox movies as their own
wew

>Regardless of movie quality, Jackman as Wolverine is my jam, he always entertains. When he's gone, they have the hardest decision in capeshit ever in re-casting the role.

They should cast someone a shorter unknown actor and maybe push him off to the side a bit so other characters could shine.

they should cast someone better for other roles

sure thing bud

>Patrik Baboumian gets recast as new Wolverine

do it fox you faggot fucks

>This mentality is what's killing the industry.
And yet the industry just keeps growing.

So the girl can heal? Does she have adamantium claws?

>It's a 'Sup Forums thinks the only factors for casting are physical resemblance to a fictional character' episode
Please no more.

She probably has bone claws and a weak healing factor, X-23 in the comics only has adamantium coating her claws rather than entire skeleton anyhow

This. When they cast Jackman he didn't resemble Logan until much afterwards.

She heals a lot faster though. If I remember correctly, the adamantium slows down Wolverines healing factor.

But even then the healing factor was never accurate as writer to writer would change it.

Nope. Wolverine is short, Jackman is tall.

Yeah he did. The only difference was height.

They made him more Wolverine hair and shit in the first movie than subsequent ones.

Hell in Logan it's literally just Hugh Jackman. No sideburns, no hair "ears". None of that shit. Regular clothes.

I haven't seen one of those X-Men movies since Wolverine Origins(unless we count Deadpool, do we?)

This looks pretty fucking good though so I'll be seeing it

whats my boy symbiote spidey doing here?

Still waiting for live action condiment king

>She heals a lot faster though.

Are we going to see her being violently killed in various ways and then watch her come back to life each time? Like Hayden Panettiere in Heroes S1?

Its not really the symbiote just a black suit he was wearing because aunt may was dying

Thank you man of many knowledge of based comic lore

hi

????
How does that contradict what I posted and replied to?

Hey user whatsup?

That's some good fucking taste, pun intended

What could the plot of this movie possibly be?

"GIVE US THE GIRL LOGAN"
"NEVER"
[fight ensues]
[wait 90 minutes, roll credits]

It IS the symbiote though, notice the black balloon. That was just Mac Gargan (former Scorpion) with the Venom symbiote posing as Spider-man in Norman Osborn's Dark Avengers.

the death of the X Men

Maybe he just means Marvel characters.

That's my confusion. DOFP was like "oh no everybody is ded lets go back in time and fix it"

And they fixed it.

Now suddenly everybody is ded again all the sudden.

a good trailer leaves you with this question and wanting to know the answer. A bad trailer summarizes the whole plot in advance.

We know this is a direct sequel to the ending of DOFP (takes place like 2 years after he wakes up in the Xavier school), and yet in Logan he says the mutants are "gone now." Things look like things have gone to shit real quick and I want to know what happened

That wasn't my point, user. I meant to say he didn't look like Wolverine BEFORE making the movie. Which is what we were discussing, these movies should be cast based on talent, not looks.

Of course he looked like wolverine in the fucking movie are you nuts?

>Apocalypse asks Magneto to "come and see"
>Transports him to Auschwitz

X-Men Apocalypse was pure schlock-kino and I'll fight anyone who says otherwise.

>Archangel introduced to the tune of Four Horsemen by Metallica

He's just a ganster, dressed up as the joker plus a splash of crazy "kuz hez the jokr lol" and there we go.

Wolverine isn't short, he just crouches all the time

they need one last movie where all the xmen of days of future past and present get decimated by the Juggernaut from XIII to end this cluster fuck and cancerous movie series.

His height is officially listed as 5'3". He's literally manlet rage: the mutant.