So when did you stop being contrarian and admitted that the us version is much better?

So when did you stop being contrarian and admitted that the us version is much better?

>the us version is much better

but that is the contarian opinion

They're incomparable, they're just too different

The only sensible opinion is that both of them are good in different ways

The American version was objectively better.

Same thing happened to Shameless too.
When it comes to making shows about awkward shit and despicable, poor characters from the lower class, america has that shit down to a science

The American version was better in the first few seasons but went to shit and the UK version became better. It depends on if you feel like the first few seasons of US make up for the shitty later ones.

then wtf are we able to compare

the scripts for the first episodes of each are nearly identical you imbecile

I mean, come on, 14 episodes of quality British comedy vs. 5-6 seasons of quality American comedy. They really are incomparable.

Perhaps I am the ultimate contrarian, I think both are absolute dogshit.

us office > british office
british IT crowd>>>> us it crowd
also, IT crowd better then the office by far

Yeah no one defends S1 of the American version

It goes its own way in S2 though

But the final episode of the US version was so fucking good. Andy's line about the good old days is the most true statement I have ever heard.

The American one is basically just a standard American comedy that takes takes the setting and the fly-on-the-wall gimmick and completely misses the point.

The American one isn't even The Office. It throws the mockumentary concept away in the titles.

British "people" look absolutely disgusting. Good god.

The American one doesn't even have the pub quiz episode, "I think there's been a rape up there" or the GOAT sitcom episode ending.

>only white people in the British one Triggered

>american """"""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""comedy""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""

The american one is comfier, that's the main difference in my opinion.

>US Office
Nobody acts like that in real life. It may as well be a sitcom.

But they do have WACKY characters

>Long drawn out never ending cuckolding plot lines

you can keep it

The british ones are the ones the right user, the uggos on the left are American. You should note they are labled for the next time

They made a US version of The IT Crowd? Fucks sake what's next? Darkplace?

nobody that has seen both thinks the us version is even any good, let alone better than the uk version which is one of the funniest comedies of all time.

Exactly! American's cant do that awkward understated humour that made the Office (UK) so hilarious. Same thing with inbetweeners. It was an exact replica, but the american actors just arent as cringey, hence not as funny.