Fuck Music Critics

Music critics are absolutely worthless. Music has never been and never will be something you can "review".

Music will sound different to every person that hears it. And the sounds create a psychological response based on millions of different factors like a person's mental state, his past, his life experiences, his body image, his philosophy etc. The best you can do is share your OPINION on a certain songs, and that's totally fine. But label it OPINION and not REVIEW.

And why does every motherfucking "critic" I've come across call "Have A Nice Life's" songs creepy? They call it shit like creepy/haunting/depressing and move the fuck on. It sounds like much more than that to me. And Ive never felt "scared" or "eerie" listening to any of their songs. Is it just me??

Yo, what's the track on this with the acoustic guitar that kicks into high gear halfway through with some brassy synth and a deep kick and snare. I heard it ages ago.

You can review everything. It's just giving opinion

You're a dumbass. Everyone knows that reviews are opinions. They are called reviews because they are REVIEWING music. Critics aren't worthless because their value comes from the fact that people often share the opinions of the critics. If you find a critic you tend to agree with then it will be useful for you to follow their reviews to come across new stuff you'll probably like as well.

Thank you for actually posting this! Another horrifying thing is when critics constantly compare artists to other contemporaries, undermining the individuality of the artist they review.

>Another horrifying thing is when critics constantly compare artists to other contemporaries, undermining the individuality of the artist they review.
there isn't a single artist that wasn't influenced by their contemporaries. undermining their individuality is just another way of saying that they are giving an accurate description of what is happening.

If you agree that those are just opinions and not objective facts, then yes, that is what I meant to convey. Sure, if you find someone who shares your taste, it can be a good reference, just like having a friend with similar tastes. But so far, the only popular critics are normies and are dumb as heck. Maybe because people in general are dumb, and the larger the population, the lower the average IQ. That explains perfectly why critics like that bald, four eyed guy "theneedledrop" is so popular.
Yep. It's good to have some non-sheeps here.
>There isn't a single artist that isn't influenced by their contemporaries.
[Citation needed]
Unless you're a genuinely talented artist (popular does not always mean talented) that produces something fresh, you can't say that and you have no right to label other artists as imitators. Dan Barret for example has produced his sub-genre of sorts. You cant really describe it. You can call it "shoegaze" or a mix of various genres, but the emotions that the lyrics convey make it something unique and something that the mainstream would certainly not love.

>Maybe because people in general are dumb, and the larger the population, the lower the average IQ. That explains perfectly why critics like that bald, four eyed guy "theneedledrop" is so popular.

fucking lost m8

Why are you such a baby? You can't take an opinion?

I'm guessing you know nothing about music theory and performance

>People are free to spout their opinions on anything, anytime, anywhere and call it a "review"
>You're not free to do the same.

What makes me exempt from critiquing a critic? Or are you the baby here you hypocritical fuck?
No, I don't. But I don't see how that is relevant to what my point is.

>[Citation needed]
no there is no citation needed for that at all. your dan counterexample is laughable btw.

well it sounds more like hating than an opinion desu, you are just calling everybody dumb and "normie". Sounds like you mad rather than trying to give an opinion

Wow that trivializes the word "horrifying"

>No there is no citation needed XD
Oh well, it must be true because you said so!
How am I wrong in saying that the average IQ of "theneedledrop's" fans is extremely low? Do you happen to be one of them?

>How am I wrong in saying that the average IQ of "theneedledrop's" fans is extremely low? Do you happen to be one of them?

(you)

jesus christ you are the most autistic special snowflake i've ever seen

Have fun worshipping that bald happa fuck. It's so funny how "some people" need others to fill their empty head with thoughts and opinions because they can't create original thoughts and opinions for themselves. That's the only purpose of critics. To dictate to the dumb masses what to think.
>Ad hominem and personal attacks
A telltale sign of a master debator.

>
>>Ad hominem and personal attacks

>using ad hominem yourself throught this whole thread

>Oh well, it must be true because you said so!
I'm not trying to persuade you. I'm just stating the facts.

>Have fun worshipping that bald happa fuck. It's so funny how "some people" need others to fill their empty head with thoughts and opinions because they can't create original thoughts and opinions for themselves. That's the only purpose of critics. To dictate to the dumb masses what to think.
>implying everybody does that
stop projecting. Seems like you are just mad theneedledrop gave a negative score to an album you enjoy.

I often feel this way too user and that's why lately I've been trying a home remedy to help alleviate any of my symptoms of despair. You are welcome to try this anytime you want at your own pace. First I hydrate my body with a soy oil protein to emulsify my hands like a handcream but without the value added deficit of modern price fixing that so many salon industry corporation engage in. Then I lay down and slowly peel strips of bacon off a freshly opened package and fold them into squares for an eyemasking that rivals blue clay from the dead sea. The effects are almost immediate and you will start to notice a feeling of arousal. Don't worry that is completely normal and this method is meant for fast acting changes to completely revolutionize your daily life. As for your weekly routine I would suggest drinking as much Mountain Dew Red as possible and saving the urine you expel in buckets big enough for you to fit your face hands and feet in. This si very important because you need the surface area to soak. When soaking your head completely submerge your entire face and ears until you count to ten. Wash your hands and feet daily when you wake up and go to sleep and gargle with as much as you can throughout the day. I am almost 100% sure that this will do the trick for you user as it did with me so many years ago. This is your moment of salvation from years of struggle and I am proud to have been able to help you out of your suffering.

Love,
Jenny Hespertson-Mathewson

You didn't state any fact.
>Not refuting any of my arguments
>"L-lol you m-mad bruh? Hehe"

why the fuck are you up at this hour dan

LOL look at all these beta males scuttle back into their manchild caves as soon as a dominant alpha (me) appears.

I destroyed all their arguments with cold, hard, logic and facts and when done spewing their vitriol, they retreat into the darkness where they came from. Stupid reddit-tier beta cucks. All of you are the reason why men with inferior genes should be exterminated.

>arguments
there were no arguments, there was an opinion though