You wake up in Tenochtitlan

>you wake up in Tenochtitlan
wat do

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Massacre_in_the_Great_Temple
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Human_sacrifice_in_Aztec_culture
dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2213700/Mysteries-Aztecs-unearthed-50-skulls-used-sacrificial-rituals-sacred-temple.html
youtube.com/watch?v=_Q9I8vNuIjw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

praise la pachamama

Climb on top of that big pyramid

NOSOTROS

ERAMOS

MOROS

delet

promptly begin making Mestizos

>spain wanted to wipe away every trace of this
muslim tier.

spanishits should be genocided desu

>blond
>blue eyes
>white
>doesn't speak their language
>brings mathematical and astronomical knowledge beyond their comprehension

Reincarnation of a Meso-american Deity it is.

then they will eat you to gain your knowledge have fun watching your innards being passed around the populace as you pass out on the sacrificial stone slab

agreed

could be worse

>astronomical knowledge
I'm not gonna mention mathematics, but Mesoamericans had a very advanced knowledge of astronomy. You would be surprised.

>they're not sacrificing humans
what's this propaganda

no I wouldn't. I am well aware of that.

But it's cute that you claim I have less astronomical knowledge than people that didn't even know more than 4 planets existed.

We wuz dindus. We were only a few hundred guys with horses and guns, that's not enough people to wipe out a city from the face of Earth.

Now, if you count on 300000 butthurt Tlaxcalans, on the other hand...

Idiot.

You burned the codices and reduced entire civilizations to a few scattered books.

no, physics student, but nice try.

I was a terrible person and I'm really sorry for wiping out an entire race by myself.

Warn of incoming Spanish
I dont want Aztec Empire to end

>physics student
What a nerd kek

and that mind-set is why your country is a shithole.

learn their language and teach their leaders peano axioms, basic arithmetic, geometry, linear algebra, Newtonian calculus, vector calculus.
From there pick up to discrete mathematics and teach the basis of the Church–Turing thesis in order to create some form of computable functions.
I don't really care about sacrifices or anything, it was a legit way to stop bad nourishment and population control, leaders most likely didn't believe half of the shit they spewed into the plebeians and only wanted to have an homogeneous and peaceful workforce that payed their fair share of taxes, no different from Americans spreading fear with fake wars in order to keep their population in check.

una cerveza, por favor.

> fighting heresy is wrong
That's why nobody respects Protestants.

>algebra, Newtonian calculus, vector calculus
wait what

Shit man, it was a joke.
Who uses the word "nerd" unironically nowadays?
Also, the image of a STEM student being this antisocial and borderly autistic person is already anachronistic and stereotypical. I don't think we see people like you as that kind of person more than in Germany.

Is that some new kind of meme pasta?

I hope so.

WE
Pic related, Quetzalcoatl the nord

*sneezes*

Sorry guys

>I don't really care about sacrifices or anything, it was a legit way to stop bad nourishment and population control

1. The sacrifices of captured warriors (which comprised 99% of the annual sacrifices) were done during the solstice of spring and the following 20 days, i.e. the harvest season, when food was plenty.
2. The consumption of meat was ritualistic, the right thighs of the sacrificed warriors were given to the nobility and those who captured the warriors.
3. "Conservatively, we suppose that all the victims were males of 60kg with 16% of protein, a similar amount to the lean meat of pork and lamb (Consumer and Food Economics Research Division, 1963), and digestible in a 90%. A skillful butchering would provide 60% of this meat (Garn and Block, 1970). Thus, every victim would provide a total of 60kg*0.16*0.60*0.90= 5.18 kg. If we also consider many documents of this practice, only the limbs were eaten and the total of protein would be 5.18*0.35=1.81 kg. The same amount of protein can be found in a kilogram of fishes."
Aztecs had excelent sources of protein to compensate the lack of farm animals. For example, the lean meat of beef has 18.7% of protein and 18.2% of fat while lean meat of pork has 17.5% 13.2% respectively (Bresani 1972). In comparision the meat of the most common insect, the grasshopper, had up to 30% of protein while some other insects such as jumiles and the red mezcal worms had up to 70% (Ramos de Elurdoy, 1982). In terms of essential aminoacids, the quality of the insect meat is comparable to that of farm animals and it only shows an important deficiency in methionine and tryptophan.
- Bernardo Ortiz de Montellano, Aztec Medicine and Health, and Nutrition

incas had better architecture

why is it eramos? google says fuimos

You can use both

it means the same

That's a myth propagated by wh*teshits

>wat do
Conquer them

Or let take off my heart, I don't know

Do you feel the need to say hand over your women and worship me?

teach them use wheel and make gunpowder

suffer heart attack

They had toys with wheels dummy
What they didn't have was large domesticable animals
>teach them how to distill
>have tequila

Silly Mexican doesn't even know what Quetzalcoatl looks like

Sneeze :^)

They beheaded hundreds of people, daily, to their gods. Thats muslim tier.
Thank god the spaniards killed most of them.

DELETE THIS

only 56 skeletons have been found that were sacrificed

I know it may be hard to believe, but Europe wasn't always as peaceful.

>If we are to believe everything that the Spanish said they sacrificed 10 000 children every year., yet only 42 sacrificed children have been found in the most important temple of the empire. 42 children in 200 years. On the same spot the Spanish killed 8 000 unarmed nobles and their children in a couple of hours. en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Massacre_in_the_Great_Temple

This is what happens when you get your history lessons from Sup Forums kids

Riiiight.
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Human_sacrifice_in_Aztec_culture
Some post-conquest sources report that at the re-consecration ofGreat Pyramid of Tenochtitlanin 1487, the Aztecs sacrificed about 80,400 prisoners over the course of four days.

Good lad

Yes the numbers differ greatly, but are still so fucking high.
But their Neighbours didnt hate Them for nothing, the aztecs were extremely barbaric.

but pachamama is an Inca goodess

>largest number of skulls ever found
>it's a whopping 50
dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2213700/Mysteries-Aztecs-unearthed-50-skulls-used-sacrificial-rituals-sacred-temple.html

he can't keep getting away with it

Hmm yes one sacrifice every four seconds

Everybody pracrticed sacrifice, faggot.

Lol that's why there's nothing left and Machu pichu is in endangered state according UNESCO?

aztecs weren't conquered by sweat peaches anyways, Spaniards raped as many women as they could forcing them after that to marry them, forced the tenochtitlan inhabitants to flood their own city and destroyed every form of previous knowledge while the main ceremonial temple was put down brick by brick and erecting a church with the same stones.
If this isn't some muslim tier behavior i don't know what else it is. Spaniards are truly moor descendant.

The spaniards copied that during inquisition, or the Americans in Salem...

Question: Were the Spaniards as amazed by the Natives as the Natives were with them? Because it seems like the Spaniards discovered a whole new world with an incredibly wealthy foreign and mysterious culture and they didnt seem to give much of a fuck outside of getting some gold trinkets.

their stonework is ancient aliens tier

Thats one find.

Oh geez look at these butthurt mexicans.

nipipi'ltin in xolotl

Spaniards already had contact with people that looked different from them, this was not the case for Native Americans.

>wealthy
The aztecs were a slave society that lived off sustinance.

The only amazement we spaniards had was how many illiterates and retards with vastly inferior education or none whatsoever existed there making conquest extremely easy.

ningún holandeANO recibirá (you)'s de mi parte

Yeah but when they found a giant stone city floating on top of a lake in the middle of the jungle where the people wore colorful feathers and worshiped the stars they weren't fascinated by that?

he's right tho

WE

>The aztecs were a slave society that lived off sustinance.
Okay, so was Rome and eventually Spain became one too

>how many illiterates and retards
So like many spanish people were back then?

It's from one of the main temples in what was the most populated city in Mesoamerica. 80,000 sacrifices would make it easier to find more than 50 bones.

Why would be butthurt for what some prehispanic people did?

We are trying to insight you from the point of view if another country so you have all the information, that's what Sup Forums is for.

Spain was not a sustinance state, it was an advanced trades one.

Oh that's right, but Spaniards weren't the brightest bunch anyways, they only cared about gold and that kind of stuff.

>"(About Montezuma II) He possessed out of the city as well as within, numerous villas, each of which had its peculiar sources of amusement, and all were constructed in the best possible manner for the use of a great prince and lord. Within the city his palaces were so wonderful that it is hardly possible to describe their beauty and extent ; I can only say that in Spain there is nothing equal to them."
(...)
>"The city of Iztapalapa contains twelve or fifteen thousand houses; it is situated on the shore of a large salt lake, one-half of it being built upon the water, and one half on terra firma. The governor or chief of the city has several new houses, which, although they are not yet finished, are equal to the better class of houses in Spain –being large and well constructed, in the stone work, the carpentry, the floors, and the various appendages necessary to render a house complete, excepting the reliefs and other rich work usual in Spanish houses. There are also many upper and lower rooms–cool gardens, abounding in trees and odoriferous flowers; also pools of fresh water, well constructed, with stairs leading to the bottom."
>"There is also a very extensive kitchen garden attached to the house, and over it a belvidere with beautiful corridors and halls; and within the garden a large square pond of fresh water, having its walls formed of handsome hewn stone; and adjacent to it there is a promenade, consisting of a tiled pavement so broad that four persons can walk on it abreast, and four hundred paces square, or sixteen hundred paces round; enclosed on one side towards the wall of the garden by canes, intermingled with vergas, and on the other side by shrubs and sweet-scented plants. The pond contains a great variety of fish and water-fowl, as wild ducks, teal, and others so numerous that they often cover the surface of the water."
- Hernan Cortes, Second Letter of Relation to Charles V

>"The next morning we reached the broad high road of Iztapalapan, whence we for the first time beheld the numbers of towns and villages built in the lake, and the still greater number of large townships on the mainland, with the level causeway which ran in a straight line into Mexico."

>"Our astonishment was indeed raised to the highest pitch, and we could not help remarking to each other, that all these buildings resembled the fairy castles we read of in Amadis de Gaul; so high, majestic, and splendid did the temples, towers, and houses of the town, all built of massive stone and lime, rise up out of the midst of the lake. Indeed, many of our men asked if what they saw was a mere dream. And the reader must not feel surprised at the manner in which I have expressed myself, for it is impossible to speak coolly of things which we had never seen nor heard of, nor even could have dreamt of, beforehand."

>"When we approached near to Iztapalapan, two other caziques came out in great pomp to receive us: one was the prince of Cuitlahuac, and the other of Cojohuacan; both were near relatives of Motecusuma. We now entered the town of Iztapalapan, where we were indeed quartered in palaces, of large dimensions, surrounded by spacious courts, and built of hewn stone, cedar and other sweet-scented wood. All the apartments were hung round with cotton cloths."

>"After we had seen all this, we paid a visit to the gardens adjoining these palaces, which were really astonishing, and I could not gratify my desire too much by walking about in them and contemplating the numbers of trees which spread around the most delicious odours; the rose bushes, the different flower beds, and the fruit trees which stood along the paths. There was likewise a basin of sweet water, which was connected with the lake by means of a small canal. It was constructed of stone of various colours, and decorated with numerous figures, and was wide enough to hold their largest canoes."

Spain had university since 1,000ad.

They were barbarians on that time, you've got to admit that the only people that enlisted into the army were criminals and peasants that killed and raped villages in exchange of food.

>"In this basin various kinds of water-fowls were swimming up and down, and everything was so charming and beautiful that we could find no words to express our astonishment. Indeed I do not believe a country was ever discovered which was equal in splendour to this; for Peru was not known at that time. But, at the present moment, there is not a vestige of all this remaining, and not a stone of this beautiful town is now standing."
(...)
>"(About Tlatelolco) After we had sufficiently gazed upon this magnificent picture, we again turned our eyes toward the great market, and beheld the vast numbers of buyers and sellers who thronged there. The bustle and noise occasioned by this multitude of human beings was so great that it could be heard at a distance of more than four miles. Some of our men, who had been at Constantinople and Rome, and travelled through the whole of Italy, said that they never had seen a market-place of such large dimensions, or which was so well regulated, or so crowded with people as this one at Mexico."
- Bernal Díaz del Castillo, True History of the Conquest of the New Spain, Chapter LXXXVII, XCII

No, spaniards were not criminals and criminals eould never rosk their lives in such an adventure of many months, the conquistadors were lesser nobles and disenherited nobles who had no place for greatness in spain, first thing conquistadors did was build, not that I care to explain my ancestors to you, it serves no purpose.

"These people live almost like those in Spain, and in as much harmony and order as there, and considering that they are barbarous and so far from the knowledge of God and cut off from all civilized nations, it is truly remarkable to see what they have achieved in all things."
- Hernan Cortes, Second Letter of Relation to Charles V

All the conquistadors were educated, literate soldiers that were to establish new societies in lands found.

>we
Nice one
>vastly inferior education making conquest easy
Wait, no there were anoter indios that help the conquers to destroy the aztec empire,you know? they former allies with spaniards to conquest the aztecs , because they dont like them too, Also moslty of them were more civilized. They were clean, shower daily, and have healty food unlike most europeans that no shower, were fat and most shit.

>there were anoter indios

yeah, we know, they are your ancestors, we liberated you from their opression

Its the difference between saying "back then we were" and "we used to be"

>They were barbarians on that time, you've got to admit that the only people that enlisted into the army were criminals and peasants that killed and raped villages in exchange of food.
Who is Cervantes?

And Lope de Vega and Garcilaso de la Vega. Probably if you check spanish writers many of them participated as soldiers.

Visit the zoo desu, especially Moctezuma's aviaries.
>"In another large building, numbers of idols were erected, and these, it is said, were the most terrible of all their gods. Near these were kept all manner of beautiful animals, tigers, lions of two different kinds, of which one had the shape of a wolf, and was called a jackal; there were also foxes, and other small beasts of prey. Most of these animals had been bred here, and were fed with wild deers' flesh, turkeys, dogs, and sometimes, as I have been assured, with the offal of human beings.
>Motecusuma had likewise a variety of aviaries, and it is indeed with difficulty that I constrain myself from going into too minute a detail respecting these. I will confine myself by stating that we saw here every kind of eagle, from the king's eagle to the smallest kind included, and every species of bird, from the largest known to the little colibris, in their full splendour of plumage. Here were also to be seen those birds from which the Mexicans take the green-coloured feathers of which they manufacture their beautiful feathered stuffs. These were, at stated periods, stripped of their feathers, in order that new ones might grow in their place. All these birds had appropriate places to breed in, and were under the care of several Indians of both sexes, who had to keep the nests clean, give to each kind its proper food, and set the birds for breeding. In the courtyard belonging to this building, there was a large basin of sweet water, in which, besides other water fowls, there was a particularly beautiful bird, with long legs, its body, wings, and tail variously coloured, and is called at Cuba, where it is also found, the ipiris."
- Bernal Díaz del Castillo, True History of the Conquest of the New Spain, Chapter XCI

The botanical gardens would be cool too. The baths and swimming pools at Texcotzinco's botanical garden would be a must.
youtube.com/watch?v=_Q9I8vNuIjw Minute 34:50

>you will never teach the Aztecs to make rodeos with the bisons
how do i deal with these feelings lads

Warn them of the spanish, and try and get them infected so that their immunological systems are a little tougher.

Regular people weren't cannibals.
It was only the elite, and it was done as a ritual. I also doubt that they eat the a big piece of leg or something. It was probably a small part of the heart or something like that.

Because Xiuhcoatl is too hard to spell, let alone pronounce correctly.

Just praise Quetzalcoatl or Huitzilopochtli then

>not praising best god

Oh, btw
Kek not gonna try

Fucking nahuals. Their lenguage sound not aestethic and impossible to pronunce