Have you ever met a famous musician

have you ever met a famous musician

Other urls found in this thread:

theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2015/sep/13/night-bob-dylan-abandoned-me-at-petrol-station
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Asa Akira isnt a famous musician

Syd Barrett in a supermarket

no

got to me Molly Rankin from the Alvvays, she's like 5 feet tall lmao.

obv bait

So that would make you about 5’2 then?

Acid Mother's Temple spent the night at my house after a show.

I met one of the dudes from NIN (live) once.

she's a first class flutist

ive met everyone in king gizzard

My dad met Ted Nugent and Edgar winter.

you look like eva green

I met mana-sama in 2009

I've played guitar with Bernie Williams a few times at Sam Ash. Super nice guy, taught me a few things.

The only time i ever passed a "famous" musician in the street i simply smiled at him in passing and he smiled back with a look of approval because i wasn't a disruptive faggot who stopped him in the street to take a selfie with him. We both went our seperate ways and it was fine.

Alex G slept over at a friend of mine’s house for two days. I went over and had a beer with him. It was gr8 :)

I served Roger Waters at a restaurant. He was obnoxious as fuck so I stuck my finger up my arse and wiped it around the rim of his champagne flute.

"potion seller"

p sure the thread asked for your experiences not your dad lmao

David Gilmour is an occasional customer at a pub where I work, I’m going to spit in his drink just for that.

I had 30 min discussion about Pus Mortem with Brian Chippendale. It was amazing

I laughed

Anyway I met the autechre boys after one of their shows a few years ago. They're basically just trashy English people. Really stood out from the Seattle crowd lol. Super friendly nonetheless

That's not Trent.

No Shlomo.

i met the guys from ween
that's me in the middle

Met Bernard Purdie at a jazz clinic he put on in my town. He's a great dude, super funny.

did you get to hear his voice?

Ayyy how were the brown boys? Where and when was this?

I met the guy from New Order

yes

Can you do the Perdie shuffle

My dad worked with Chuck Rainey

you met Talking Heads on their Remain In Light tour?

met groggs and ritchie from injury reserve after there show this year, super humble dudes.

I saw Elvis at a grocery store in Los Angeles yesterday. I told him how cool it was to meet him in person, but I didn’t want to be a douche and bother him and ask him for photos or anything.
He said, “Oh, like you’re doing now?”
I was taken aback, and all I could say was “Huh?” but he kept cutting me off and going “huh? huh? huh?” and closing his hand shut in front of my face. I walked away and continued with my shopping, and I heard him chuckle as I walked off. When I came to pay for my stuff up front I saw him trying to walk out the doors with like fifteen Milky Ways in his hands without paying.
The girl at the counter was very nice about it and professional, and was like “Sir, you need to pay for those first.” At first he kept pretending to be tired and not hear her, but eventually turned back around and brought them to the counter.
When she took one of the bars and started scanning it multiple times, he stopped her and told her to scan them each individually “to prevent any electrical infetterence,” and then turned around and winked at me. I don’t even think that’s a word. After she scanned each bar and put them in a bag and started to say the price, he kept interrupting her by yawning really loudly.

Well, Gira, if that counts as "famous".
Swans had a show in town, and after the show the man went down to sign stuff.
He was pretty nice, we shook hands, he signed my record, we took a picture, told him that it was a pleasure meeting him. That's about it.

nice boobs user

Reminds me of this article (where coincidence I first saw this copypasta).

theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2015/sep/13/night-bob-dylan-abandoned-me-at-petrol-station

Are you the money?

I met pic related once before a show, he was super nice despite the fact that I kind of threw my spaghetti in front of him because I was an overexcited stoner college kid and he was one of my fav musicians, and easily the most famous I had ever met. He was still super nice and shook my hand tho.

kek

How tall is Asa?

nice

I've only read this before with Layne Stanley's name so for I've always thought that was a legitament post-Alice in Chains story

That sounds awesome

This professor I had in college said he played with Doc Watson and with some other bluegrass/folk people for a time.

Not "famous", but I met Jack Senff at a house show and that was one of the best days of my life

I met Tigers Jaw at the beach and had a nice conversation with ben

Met the signer of Pretty Boy Floyd (80s glam band). He was really nice and down to earth. My friend with me spazzed out and asked him how to make it as a band.

This post makes me very angry.

I met everyone from Circulatory System after a NMH concert, they were pretty chill and fairly drunk, I just shook their hands and complimented their playing. My old band instructor played with Ray Charles.

That's awesome, Doc Watson is great.

true that

5'2"

cringe

I met the drummer once

mac demarco and 2 fake mac demarcos

I saw Flying Lotus at a grocery store in Los Angeles yesterday. I told him how cool it was to meet him in person, but I didn’t want to be a douche and bother him and ask him for photos or anything.

He said, “Oh, like you’re doing now?”

I was taken aback, and all I could say was “Huh?” but he kept cutting me off and going “huh? huh? huh?” and closing his hand shut in front of my face. I walked away and continued with my shopping, and I heard him chuckle as I walked off. When I came to pay for my stuff up front I saw him trying to walk out the doors with like fifteen Milky Ways in his hands without paying.

The girl at the counter was very nice about it and professional, and was like “Sir, you need to pay for those first.” At first he kept pretending to be tired and not hear her, but eventually turned back around and brought them to the counter.

When she took one of the bars and started scanning it multiple times, he stopped her and told her to scan them each individually “to prevent any electrical infetterence,” and then turned around and winked at me. I don’t even think that’s a word. After she scanned each bar and put them in a bag and started to say the price, he kept interrupting her by yawning really loudly.

based newfag

here's a pic from when i met tyler the creator and he retweeted it!

absolutely epic
iw as there for my boy pete sagar mostly

i’ve done some phone interviews with ppl for my job, and met Jamie Stewart of Xiu Xiu in person for an interview as well. a few years ago i met Brian Eno at a conference and one time i ran into Nicki Minaj at LAX airport

I know where he lives

my dad works at the neutral milk hotel

P sure your gay kiddo

She looks like she's had a facelift or something. I don't like it at all

Based Rolfe

What the fuck are you wearing?

P sure she's always looked like that

a homeshake tshirt?

No

???

I met Klezmer clarinetist Giora Feidman at an instrument repair shop in NYC.

Wrong again

Yeah, Asa Akira has always been ugly as fuck.

she looks great and some photos and then others she looks like old milk.

I met John Darnielle at a book signing at Powell's in Portland. After standing in line behind a sea of tumblrinas I asked him where he gets his ideas from. He started to answer and I told him that I was joking but thanks. That kind of stopped him in his tracks or something during his signature in my book (he finished it though).

I thanked him and he thanked me and we extended hands to shake but I extended the wrong one, so I rotated my hand and like grabbed his wrist and shook it. I could tell he was trying his best not to judge me but I'm sure he's had a lot of practice with the people Mountain Goats attracts. Some comic book artist named Matt Fraction or something was sitting next to him for some reason and we pursed lips at each other and nodded. It was alright

Shook A$AP Rockys hand
Took a pic with Hopsin (I was 16... I know)
Not a musician but I met Anthony Fantano and had a good talk to him about music, asking where cals at. Got a pic with him too

stale

I drank a beer with Jeff Rosenstock back in 2008 at a small show and he was the absolute nicest dude I've ever met in my life.

I really, really want this to be true.

Good one

nice

i laughed

michael gira
bradford cox
the drummer from el ten eleven

Dammit, the first thing I thought of

I talked with Jeff Rosenstock after a show in Houston.
Same with Brian from the Night BIRDS.

I met Charli XCX once

>being able to not only recognize members of a group as bland as always but also differentiate between them

chris chan

It is user. Just imagine my pleasure watching as he stuck his big smug schnoz in the flute and took a big sniff of the aroma of my arse sweat and faecal matter, before quaffing his tainted Krug Grande Cuvee. Hospitality has its perks.

Shook hands with that one dude from pharcyde

this rules

I had buttsex with Rivers Cuomo when I was 14

me too

I saw Weezer two summers ago and I had backstage passes that my friend won in some contest. We went back stage and everyone was hanging out, the band was signing autographs and everything. All of a sudden from across the room River's head popped out, staring directly at me. He walked over to me with his hand out ready for a shake, but me being 6'2" and rivers being 5'6" he had to look up. I asked him why he came to me and he said "because I like you, follow me" so I followed him expecting him to let me jam with him or something, but he lead me back to his dressing room. I was curious, but still rather star struck and said "What are we doing" without thinking twice about it. He assured me I was going to have fun, so I didn't mind. On the floor of his dressing room was this giant see-through, round thing that looked like a deflated beach ball, but it had a handle on it. He opened it up and told me to get in. He walked over to a pump on the other side of the room and turned it on, then he grabbed this skin tight red latex jumpsuit thing from his bag, it looked like he had dozens of them. He came inside the thing with me and we both put on the jumpsuits. I began to get curious here so I asked him what we were doing again and he told me to hold his hands.

This is me and my gf btw

We were both crouched in this big inflatable balloon thing and rivers was staring me directly in the eyes. I still had no idea what the fuck was going on. The balloon kept inflating and soon filled up around half the room, it was ready to pop and sure enough it did. It exploded and rivers had this pee wee herman look of excitement on his face and I'm pretty sure he had a boner. He then clapped twice and said "did you have fun" in this really soft voice that sounded nothing like his own. I just stared at him and didn't know what to say. His pure excitement turned into this really dreadful frown that looked like I tore his heart out. He started shaking, so I said yes so I wouldn't upset him. He then patted me on the shoulder and whispered me to get out. I didn't move because I was confused still. He started screaming GET OUT!!!! GET THE FUCK OUT!! GET THE FUCK OUT OF HERE!!!!!!! I SAID OUT!!!! at the top of his lungs. I ran out of the dressing room and sure enough all of the band was leaning on the wall outside. They didn't say two words to me, they just looked at me as I walked slowly past them. I saw them all walk single file into river's room and I staggered back to backstage. There was a whole crowd of people there still wanting to know what happened, but I just went home without telling anybody. I still haven't even told my friend that brought me there. This is the first time I'm telling anybody about it.

my two waifus :3

Met Yasuko Onuki from Melt-Banana, she was incredibly nice. She said they were planning on finishing up a new album once they finished going on tour (which was 2 years ago). I also showed her pic related and asked if she wrote that, she started laughing and told me that was her