Sup Forums doesn't obsess over top 40 radio, /lit/ doesn't obsess over NYT bestsellers...

Sup Forums doesn't obsess over top 40 radio, /lit/ doesn't obsess over NYT bestsellers. Why does Sup Forums obsess over Hollywood blockbusters and prime-time TV?

You're guy's plebness is an embarrassment to the rest of the media boards.

actually Sup Forums has been lost to the plebs now too
/lit/ is also starting to lose

i suspect hiro and ging have something to do with this

Sup Forums has been shit for several years. It was at its best when it had a strong tripfag ecosystem who could act as an immune system and keep the plebs & newfags from metastasizing.

That ecosystem died and the board along with it. Sup Forums has one of the youngest average age of users of all board on Sup Forums and it really shows.

Nobody who's been on Sup Forums for years uses Sup Forums as a example of a quality board. Sup Forums may have its own problems, but it's still better than Sup Forums.

I want to fuck that bunny,

>things that are popular are bad
>In fact, they're not just bad, they reflect on your personal quality as a human being

this

Sup Forums sounds like me when I was 16 (my peak music douche bag year).

Finding out that was a girl was one of the saddest moments of Sup Forums

>B-but muh trap meme!!

Fuck off.

>Sup Forums has been shit for several years. It was at its best when it had a strong tripfag ecosystem who could act as an immune system and keep the plebs & newfags from metastasizing.
Thats exactly what happened to Sup Forums

Who is this?

>meta thread
kys fagit

>le it's popular therefore it's bad meme
the boards that are shit on Sup Forums are the ones you're not allowed to have fun on, which is why Sup Forums and Sup Forums have always been the most shit. It has nothing to do with the quality of works discussed

this is completely wrong

movies are advertised on tv, internet, buses, subways, food items

when does music ever get that publicized, inb4 top 10 pop artists

you can't make a good film by being a lone autismo who's just uber dedicated as opposed to music and literature

even a movie shot in a single location with a handful of actors is a huge undertaking in terms of production

shit did I get trolled again

yeah but I started posting here after the fact so it means the boards good

tracer

Shit yeah what happened to Sup Forums

That and Sup Forums were my main boards up until 2015

I can't handle /mum/ just feels like everyone is 16 and just liking music with edgy album covers and shit. i recall it being better way back in day before nu males were around as much

what does being some lone-autist have to do with not watching every capeshit movie disney shits in your mouth you fucking faggot.

People like you
Don't be upset though. It's just the natural order of board life

Indie faggots ruined Sup Forums

i dont know why. but your post made me laugh harder than it should. i suspect its the turbo autism.

2015? lol

how is this attractive?
I don't fucking understand how people can look at this and not think, "Wow she's trying way to hard to be quirky and silly and cute. What a fucking idiot"

The difference is that the most money goes into blockbusters, unlike the other two examples

>you will never go back to that 2010 Sup Forums just when chillwave was becoming a thing

Those were the days

yeah let's all circlejerk about how we like black & white film

She was originally pandering to homestuck fans. Does that answer your question.

and Sup Forums is still wallowing in its own shit

terrific post Sup Forumsro

>Sup Forums obsesses over terrence malick

>boohoohoo mommy i can't find anyone as pretentious as I am

Sup Forums alongside Sup Forums suffers the most from the collective Sup Forumseddit spillover

Movies require much more funding than books or music. So usually only the top ones can afford to be watchable. Even indie films are very expensive and there are therefore much fewer of them than there are music albums.

Did u take a degree in memeology

most self proclaimed film buffs are retarded plebs

>the cunnyposters and pedofags kept Sup Forums "good"

k y s senpai

who is this girl?

Sup Forums went to shit once the tripfags were gone
coincidence?

>Sup Forums may have its own problems, but it's still better than Sup Forums.
I haven't been to Sup Forums for more than 5 minutes in a long while. Is it plagued by constant Blacked threads and other unrelated garbage? Do the users call you reddit for saying these threads don't belong on this board? If you answered no to both these questions, then you have empirically proven that Sup Forums is a much worst board.

>Sup Forums doesn't obsess over top 40 radio
Sup Forums is obssessed with kpop, that'ts top 40 radio music.

Gay homo detected

>judging a board by its worst elements

Are you daft?

doesn't Sup Forums generally like kanye west? that right there makes it the worst board on Sup Forums(assuming it's true i have not been there often). That would be like Sup Forums loving keeping up with the kardassians.

Shit and wouldn't you know it, that faggot married the alpha whore too, didn't even realize that when i made the comparison but it's fitting.

>That and Sup Forums were my main boards up unt
>Sup Forums
>until 2015

What the fuck?

>Sup Forums doesn't obsess over top 40 radio, /lit/ doesn't obsess over NYT bestsellers
kek ok newfag

Tell me this thing has nudes

Because Sup Forums's memes took over the board. It was never an amazing board, but it used to be at least decent. At this point nobody who actually wants to discuss a film is going to do it here, and only retards that actually like mindless blockbusters are going to have a serious discussion here.

Sup Forums has more tripfags so it's worse. Case closed.

>That would be like Sup Forums loving keeping up with the kardassians.

There are dozens of threads about big brother, marvel movies and I'm a Celebrity so no, you got no point

unfortunately I don't think she does

i think her name is brianna or something

hating tripfags wasn't even a big thing until after 2008 when being 'anonymoose' & 'leejun' was the order de jour. Before then casual namefagging was common. If you look at old screenshots from before 2007 it will almost always include at least one and usually multiple namefags. Hating tripfags unconditionally is basically just signaling to everyone that you're a post-chanology newfag who cares more about 'fitting in' than having an independent thought.

>she

daily reminder that 8ree has an asian bf

This is the most redit post I've read today.

Wrong

source?

There's a gif where she takes the wig off, I don't have it

damn, looks a like a friend (female) friend of mine, thought maybe it was

she is a girl

The vast majority of low-budget films are bad. To make a good movie you need decent equipment, decent actors, access to locations, etc. This all costs money. Now I know what you're going to say, studio time and instruments cost money too, and you're right. But if you have a good song you can gig around with it, raise some money over time, save up money in a jar, get the thing recorded and distribute it on the internet. People who have good ideas for movies have 3 options: go ahead and make the movie with no money, which produces a bad movie; find some money willing to back the movie, which has two possible outcomes: most cases result in some measure of creative control being handed over, which produces a bad movie, a handful of cases result in a big studio taking interest and the low-budget movie becoming a high-budget movie: or crowdfunding it,. which for whatever reason has very rarely produced a good movie. As a result the low-budget movie ecosystem has very few redeeming films, but those that are produced that are good we do talk about.

prove it

who is this guy (female)? and what do i search to find more of her?

agree with this faggot

Just look at her

because there aren't as many movies as there are albums and books

Her name is 8ree

>/lit/ doesn't obsess over NYT bestsellers
But they obsess over the 10th grade reading list which is honestly just as bad.

Two words :

> Marveldrone Invasion

It's the only way they can claim their copy past movies are actually worth something

I remain skeptic. Xhe is very cute though, I have to admit.

"10th grad reading list" as in the western canon? and this is just as bad as opposed to what?

capeshit = death grips
reddit shit like rick and morty or TWD = animal collective

both are shit boards

> Harry potter
> Simillarion

Seriously ? Harry potter single handedly discredited this list

> MFW Louis Ferdinan "Fuck a dyke gas a kike" Celine is in the top 10

It's Sup Forums after all

>popular things
>bad

it's true though you dumb phoneposter

Where in the fucking world do you live where Infinite Jest, Brothers Karamazov, Blood Meridian and Moby Dick are considered 10th grade reading material???

>10th grade reading list

Blood Meridian
Infinite Jest
Karamazov
Lolita
GRAVITY'S FUCKING RAINBOW
Moby Dick
Don Quixote
Kafka
Ulysses
Ficciones

Jesus christ end yourself you faggot. /lit/ taste is the best of this entire site. It may not be a good board overall but they've done well with their actual lists.

the vast majority of big budget films are also bad. OP's question is why we focus on things that are bad just because they are popular, instead of things that are good but often unpopular.

The answer is obvious of course, Sup Forums is pleb.

this
films came in when the cultural descent was already happening. film as an established art form never stood a chance.

woah woah woah that's old /lit. at least get this year's chart for 2016 sheeeesh.

Moby Dick is actually elementary school tier and yes the rest were on the 10th grade reading list besides Don Quiote which is mostly for Spanish students.

Once you turn 16 you'll find this out.

Holy shit, it is a chick after all.

>it's an OP has never heard television is a medium for the masses episode

if this is some of the high-power intellect we can experience on the other boards, then no thanks

Boom, definite proof. It's a chick.

or is it

In that case:

Popular movies are watched by many people.

The more people watch a movie the more likely a it is that there are people on Sup Forums who want to talk about the movie.

It's that simple.

>thought maybe it was

Fuck I hate people like this. Every damn thread where a girl is posted some retard has to ask "is this ____" or "do you/does she live in ____" and every single damn time they're wrong and they respond with shit like "oh I thought it was someone I knew"

Literally 100% of the time, not once has someone ACTUALLY known the person being posted. It's even more annoying when there's no face and it's just a nude pic.

Ulysses is the hardest book to read known to man.

Also sparcht zarathustra is far from the reach of a 10 th grader.

But you could just have stopped at fucking

> harry potter

Harry potter is below 10th grade reading list. Like you're reading this in 10th grade means you're in special needs school

oh she decided to grow her hair out.

it's a little cringy but I for one won't let a little cringe get in the way of a good boner

qt dude... i want to fuck her boypussy.

Whatever it is, it's got tits. Good enough for me.

While I read a lot I don't visit /lit/ that often so I have zero idea why they obsess over Pynchon and DFW

brb killing myself now

How would you fuck the short hair version user?

I just did a image search of 8ree and it is unreal how sexy she is now.