How come that no other female artist surpassed these 3?

how come that no other female artist surpassed these 3?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Zx9bpqJD7vs
youtube.com/watch?v=jVPD0KrEROQ
youtube.com/watch?v=64sqReQ14Kc
twitter.com/AnonBabble

> comparing Grimeth to Bjork ever

literally kys

>how come that no other female artist surpassed these 3?

false, pic related

agree, bjork stinks and sucks. have you heard utopia?

Wait so one of these is kate bush right

People better than Grimes:
Grouper
Zola Jesus
Girl in a Coma
Marina & The Diamonds
Patti Smith
The Slits
Babes in Toyland
Le Tigre
Sleater-Kinney
Joan Baez
FKA twigs
Valerie June
Yasmine Hamdan

PJ harvey

good call, for sure

why not? unlike bjork, grimes never did dull albums such as volta, biophilia and utopia.

nice try. but no. many of them from your list are mediocre at best.

this desu

I can name at least FIVE [5] female artists who are better than them.

1. St Vincent
2. Taytay
3. SOPHIE
4. Stevie Nicks
5. Lauren Mayberry

yet

>Female

nina simone
alice coltrane
joni mitchell
ella fitzgerald
billie holiday

also for the record its obv
bjork > kate bush >>>>>> grimes

Fiona Apple

Reminder that these three are irrelevant and that if you play any of their music to anyone outside of Sup Forums they will not recognize them.

>Kill, marry, fuck

p good, I would switch kate with bjork, by a very small margin

Remove Grimes. Replace with Joanna Newsom. Then you would be right.

fuck kate
marry bork
kill grimeth

Marry Kate
Fuck Gromz
Kill Bjork

Kill Grimes.
Marry Kate.
Fuck Björk.

Siouxsie Sioux ya cunts

holy fucking pleb

I'll fucking knock you out slag.

>Ctrl+F
>No Nico

>slag

Hello Britbong

ok goblinfucker

>dat formatting
Hello rebbit.

>Comparing bjork to Kate bush
Kys

Kill Kate, can't fucking stand her.
Marry Björk.
Fuck Grimeszs.

>A new contender appears

>Implying I'm from reddit
>Not knowing I'm losing my vision and space so I can read easier

Good one

Jenn from Carissa's Wierd/S is the best female musician.

youtube.com/watch?v=Zx9bpqJD7vs

any answer where you don't kill grimace is wrong and you need to leave

Back to Sup Forums

>tfw no Kate

>I'm not from rebbit
>capitalises memetext

>see second point here

Also
>I'll find my Kent Queen some day

She's a qt

Marry Kate, easy she's like everything you could ask for in a perfect woman. Plus then I'd get to breed her
Fuck Bjork, she's a freak in a good way but I don't think i'd be able to ... it'd get old eventually you know.
Kill Grimes, no explanation needed.

>Tfw no dronefu

Grouper
Laurel halo
Juliana barwick
I'm seeing Juliana live in a cathedral tonight, wish me luck

british accent bjork saved my life
youtube.com/watch?v=jVPD0KrEROQ

>implying her knock off British accent compares to this
youtube.com/watch?v=64sqReQ14Kc

Marry Claire
Kill Bjork
Fuck Kate

be able to what user?

Karen Carpenter for old timey shit.
Beth Gibbons for 90s shit.
And Joanna Newsom for new shit.

none of them are better then those 3
still matters.
mostly singers. they're not on par with those 3.
shit opinion.
no way. joanna newsom makes boring and pretentious music and her voice sucks.
her music is a snoozefest.
all, weak composers, singers and producers. no one cares about them.

>also for the record its obv
>bjork > kate bush >>>>>> grimes
did you just put the most talented one last? pleb detected.

>Kill Grimes, no explanation needed.
the explanation is very much needed.

I don't think I'd be able to like Marry a Bjork. She's eccentric but I think she's too much work. Like she wants to be a mommy but I don't think she's destined to be one. She seems like a wild spirit.

Kate on the other had from the get go has this motherly vibe and just it makes sense she'd wait until her kid was I think 7 to release a follow up to 1993's Red Shoes. She seems like the type of woman I would want.

and not really, she's to autistic for me. Like when I hear her talk, even if I agree with what she's saying, I want to beat the shit out of her. So I don't think that relationship would last long.

Also you know Grimes name dropped Kate as someone who was doing what she thinks she's doing.

I don't like Grimes, but I would feel no need to point it out and argue with anyone about it, if it weren't for the fact that her fans are so fucking obnoxious.

>biophilia
>dull
listen to crystalline again my man

>and not really, she's to autistic for me. Like when I hear her talk, even if I agree with what she's saying, I want to beat the shit out of her. So I don't think that relationship would last long.
i'm afraid the autist is you. i hope i'm wrong.
>Also you know Grimes name dropped Kate as someone who was doing what she thinks she's doing.
i know. but that doesn't mean that kate is better than grimes. grimes is far more consistent, far better at songwriting and production and far more involved in her art. she doesn't need so many people to make her art like kate and bjord did. imo her vocals are also more pleasant than both bjork and kate.

that's what I like about björk though, you can't control her, and she can't control you. it's a relationship of trust and care without the need for strict structure and rules. also I definitely get a maternal vibe from her sometimes, and definitely believe she's cut out to be a mommy.

Wow you have so bad taste friend.

I'd recommend listening to more music.
Posting your tastes is the only way you to refute this insult.

that's the only good song from biophilia. that album is 2 arty 4 me.
all fans are obnoxius to those who dislike that artist. you have to deal with this truth.

taste is subjective, my friend. if you don't like my taste, so be it.

abba?

Well I mean some guys like that, but I'm at a point where I can't deal with that anymore. I just want someone who I get and gets me and we just settle down or start to settle down. I'm sick of free spirits.

I never said she isn't a good mom, but I guess I was saying like you know that girl in High School who really wants a kid and gets pregnant but is too much of a free spirit to be tied down. While she may be the worlds greatest mother, she just isn't a mom. Then there is that quiet girl who wants kids but she wants it with the right man and when she's ready to have kids. I don't really know how to explain, but it's just more personal taste and preference I guess.

it's band, bruh. the hard word has been done by the "b"s: benny and bjorn.

I don't know your taste.

Instulting someone's without posting your own is a sign a brainlet.

SHE HAES BENIS SHE NOTT WOMIN DOIIII

>Grimes
>measuring up to Kate and Bjork

ABSOLUTE TRASH

>Instulting someone's without posting your own is a sign a brainlet.
you wrote that, pal, even if you had no idea about my taste:
>Wow you have so bad taste friend.
so, you're the brainlet. cheers.

IN
OUT
IN
OUT
IN
OUT
IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIN

I understand, different people have different values. I'm incredibly infatuated with complete freedom and movement, but I can see why someone would want to settle down and live comfortably within their boundaries

you're right. grimes is so much better than kate and bjork she's not even comparable to them.

I wonder if that's why I like more free and out there music than say safe music

also don't respond to Grime fags they're autistic. Even when presented with facts they still fight you. it's not worth it, plus they suck at trolling

>reading comprehension

>all fans are obnoxius to those who dislike that artist. you have to deal with this truth.
That's ridiculous. There are plenty of bands whose fans have never annoyed me. Not all fanbases are equal.

>There are plenty of bands whose fans have never annoyed me.
because you didn't provoke them, that's why. but try insulting their fave artist and see what you get...........

I agree, I've never had a problem with Kate Bush, Bjork or Eric Dolphy/Mingus fans. I think it's more the artists who are weird but not really, that they attract toxic fanbases.

>Rick and Morty
>Grimes
>Death Grips (though I've never been personally bothered by them)

and so on the list goes on but I'm to lazy to keep going. It's like the difference between out there and normie eccentric

>with facts
>implying some shitty opinions are facts
lmao

I haven't been on Sup Forums in a while, when did people start pretending to like Kate Bush?

What song should I listen to so I can pretend to like her too

Not really, I've presented the fact that Grimes best album (in terms of production) is hands down Art Angels. She also had other people mix and master that album, besides the regular guy just mastering. Even if she's better at producing she no longer is doing everything herself. You can't object this or you aren't as intelligent or credible as you chose to believe.

all comes down to the kind of person you are in the end, music can be an escape for some and a reflection of life for others.

>I agree, I've never had a problem with Kate Bush, Bjork or Eric Dolphy/Mingus fans.
because you're already a fan of those artists, dip. you dislike grimes, so you dislike her fans too.

you're missing someone buddy

>Pretending to like Kate

Kate takes more time to get into than say Grimes. If you really are willing to try listen to the albums in order. But be willing to give it a few listens

and yeah I agree, but you can't argue certain things attract more toxic people than say other things. The individual is ultimately what decides things but if I say I support free abortions and think men should be neutered I'll attract women who hate men or men who are nu-males. You know what I mean.

this

not him, but I don't necessarily dislike grimes, but her fans are fucking awful spergs, like you

No I only hate her fans because of this, I don't mind Halfaxa and her debut album but I wouldn't return to it.

this

What about that Bulgarian chick?

well of course, people are drawn to things they agree with, even if they seem contradictory to the kind of person they are.

>Not really, I've presented the fact that Grimes best album (in terms of production) is hands down Art Angels.
many grimes fans would agree with that. in terms of production, you're right.
>She also had other people mix and master that album, besides the regular guy just mastering. Even if she's better at producing she no longer is doing everything herself.
you're wrong. all her albums were mixed and mastered by other people, not just art angels. in other thread i told you that mixing and mastering are technical jobs, not artistic ones, so they're done by experts.
when people are saying she's doing everything by herself they don't include mixing and mastering. those are separate jobs.

Joanna Newsom
PJ Harvey
Alice Coltrane

then you're 2 naive idiots who are influenced by fanbases. grow up, you sensible flowers. if you can't fight her fans at least stay away from their threads.

>Kate takes more time to get into than say Grimes.
u wot?! dude, kate sold millions of albums and singles. millions! she obviously has mass appeal. grimes? barely 200k-300k albums in total. she is and will be an indie artist with limited appeal.

lol you are fucking dense mate, I just told you I don't dislike grimes, and that I believe her fans are spergs. do you even reading comprehension?

>mixing and mastering are technical jobs, not artistic ones
you really don't know what your talking about. Mixing and mastering can save an album or kill it. I didn't see any mixing or mastering credits on the other albums (that Stephen guy mastered all the albums) but there was another person now too. and even if she had people mixing and mastering the argument "she does everything" is not true and thus not a valid point. Kate also produced most of her records and wrote all the songs, she didn't play every instrument but she played keyboards and used the fairlight.

Your argument is also akin to saying Grimes is better than John Coltrane because he had other artists play the other instruments. Or Beethoven because he couldn't sing every part in Symphony 9 or even play every instrument in a symphony.

>influenced by fanbases
doesn't read
>I don't mind Halfaxa and her debut album

The Dreaming is more dense than anything ever released by Grimes. and I've heard her try to imitate melisma and other "out there" ideas.

>reading comprehension
dude, don't be an idiot. in that post i didn't mention if you like or dislike grimes. i told you that you're an idiot for being influenced by fanbases or for not being able to avoid her threads if her fans are so obnoxious to you.

the dreaming is more accessible than grimes' first 2 albums. the dreaming reached #3 in the fucking uk charts.

but if I don't dislike grimes, and just her fans alone, would that not imply i'm not influenced by her fans? also this isn't a grimes thread alone, I barely ever post in her threads.

It's hard to avoid them when they try to shill their bullshit in Kate and Bjork threads.

>underground artist doesn't sell as many records as a well established and beloved artist who has a major label backing her
Yeah I mean that makes sense but just because it charts doesn't mean it's accessible.

So you admit that you didn't like it, but forced yourself to listen at first because you wanted to be someone who was a Kate Bush fan

Sounds like pretending to me. Or at least a contrived, deliberate way to start liking an artist

>It's hard to avoid them when they try to shill their bullshit in Kate and Bjork threads.
this too
see: