Why do people hate Episode 1 again?

Why do people hate Episode 1 again?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=t3dI-ghYimg
youtube.com/watch?v=IOqf7DppNmY
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Why do people like any of these movies again?

Because it's far superior to 3 (Sup Forumsirgin bait), but not nearly as good as 6.

>Sup Forumsirgin bait
korinefag pls

Because it's bad, though not as bad as II/III, it's still the first stepping stone down a road of disappointment and George Lucas's unchecked autism.

>Because it's bad, though not as bad as II/III,
wrong on all counts

>annoying child actor
>Jar-Jar
>Liam Neeson is boring
>Darth Maul is underdeveloped
>too many fucking endings
>lifeless direction
>nothing that happens in the movie actually matters, should have just started at Attack of the Clones
>[insert ten billion plot hole nitpicks brought up by Plinkett here]

In general I think what killed it was the weak directing by Lucas, it's just not engaging enough. It's clear that a lot of creativity went into making the movie, but none of it managed to reach the directing or editing. The same problem plagues Episode II as much, if not more so. Episode III gets a bit better direction-wise but is still a mess.

>go into movie jedis force speet away from robots

"cool anonkun they're going to be force throwing tie fighters in no time"

youtube.com/watch?v=t3dI-ghYimg

Because they don't view it as a political drama, AKA retarded plebs

didnt you hear?
You like it now since you now hate TFA instead

>middlebrow
this word can't be real

I liked it more than TFA.

From TPM we got

>This epic scene in surround sound: youtube.com/watch?v=IOqf7DppNmY
>n64 podracer
>darth maul toys
>cool SW legos

From TFA we got:
>a shitty remake of ANH with less critical thought than even TPM
>hamfisted pandering
>phoned-in acting that is on par with how shit Jake Lloyd's was
>no good games

In order, my ranking goes:
>A New Hope=Empires Strikes Back>Return of the Jedi>TPM>Revenge of the Sith>TFA>being waterboarded and tortured by ISIS>Episode II

Because it has no qt Hayden Christensen.

It's really boring and the characters are painfully underdeveloped

We watched TPM in Economy class thanks to the fucking Trade Federation.

Was your teacher able to explain why exactly there was a blockade?

no. no one knew. That's why he asked us

Who the fuck is Darth Maul?
Why the fuck is Qui Gon?

Why do I care they died?

>Shitty dialogue
>Shitty acting outside of Liam Neeson
>Terrible editing
>Fucking Jar Jar Binks, worst character in the history of Star Wars
>New uninteresting alien races modeled after bad stereotypes
>Space battle was terrible
>Oh look, another "There's always a bigger fish joke"
>Actually all battle scenes are treated like a joke.

That's just a start.

Because it was boring.

>tfw you're 26 years of age, in a doctoral program at Stanford, and you still listen to Duel of the Fates in the library to pump you up before an exam

It's nearly pointless as a movie in a trilogy. Just about everything in it could be backstory.

The Prequels should've been the broad strokes of Revenge of the Sith stretched into three movies with different bits.

The Republic decided to tax the Free Trade Zones. it was retaliation from the trade federation

Why did they reduce the size of the blockade from an armada of space stations to just one station? Was it even a blockade at that point?

Because they had subjugated the planet they had total control of the surface and only needed the droid control ship. They were enforcing the blockade from the ground.

Because I have to skip everything with jar jar and the gungans, everything with whiny anakin, fast forward to the pod race, then enjoy the movie in full afterwards, with only minimal gungan and anakin parts.

Episode 2 I just need to skip the cringey and whiny anakin parts with padme, on naboo and tatooine, and the rest is Obi Wan Jedi Detective, and it gets good from the moment he land on Kamino.

So I need to skip more shit scenes in Episode 1 than 2.

ME-SA DON'T KNOW

>terrible plot
>terrible acting (even liem didn't give a shit)
>fucking jarjar
>world's worst child actor
>pod race

And lastly the entire movie is made completely pointless after 10 minutes of episode 2.
Seriously if you never saw episode 1 and just started with 2 you would miss out on NOTHING OF VALUE.

>all these autists hating on JarJar

Some unfunny youtube movie maker / reviewer made a series of reviews saying the prequels were the worst thing ever, and the idiots believed it.

Honestly I like the Pod Race by itself, but in context of the whole movie it's a waste of time.

Lucas should have just scrapped the whole prequels idea and made a podracing movie. It might have still sucked because of the bad directing but at least it wouldn't have ruined Star Wars just by existing.

I actually like the prequels. Especially when placed in machete order so they function more as a flashback. Still even here episode 1 is a completely worthless turd and I ignore it.
The prequels aren't great but I don't think episode 2 or 3 are actually bad

because RLM told them to

>fast and furious pod drift

I'd watch it.

You have autism.

>goofy rabbit thing that ruins every scene he's in
>so hated that Lucas had to abandon his original plans for him

Fuck Jar Jar, and fuck anyone who likes him.

Question 1
>What does a communication disturbance mean

What's your answer Sup Forums?

Invasion.

I'm not a person who notices acting ability really, but that kid was fucking cringey.
all of the pod racing was lame, star wars strength isn't in its action sequences
i saw it when I was 10 and couldn't tell you who or why darth maul appeared when he did or what he added to the story

This. The fight with maul is literally the only reason to watch this shitfest.

And maybe the podrace

>the ONE TIME George Lucas cares about what people think of him and his ideas he scraps the only good idea he has
that fucking fat canadian asshole I hope his penis rots

i thought degenerate was a Sup Forums thing. Did it spread to this board already ?

I know it sounds "plebeian" but I really like some of those new light saber fights. They're just there to be cool, and they are. The thing is though, it's not hard to have a cool fight. Jackie Chan has eight of them per movie

1. He was a sith assassin
2. He added nothing to the story

He was still cool to watch though. Always felt he was wasted as a character. Kind of glad the cg series picked him up and did something with him

The fight should have gone
>kills qui gon
>smiles at obi wan and then leaves
>shows up in episode 2 or even 3 replacing grievious

Wow look at that actual dramatic tension and a reason for the audience to give a flying fuck

Finally, an explanation that kinda makes sense.

On a certain level they are cool. The high flying moves, the quick parry and slash styles.
It's highly reminiscent of anime of the past decade imo and that "rule of cool" is why it showed up.

I prefered the fights of the originals where they actually acted like they were wielding frickin laser swords and wanted to be careful with them and make their moves count rather than flail wildly.

"Annie" + Jar Jar

>tfw even if star wars or the force was real you wouldn't have enough midchlorine