Unpopular opinions

>as i get older, i like redditcore indie pop more than depressing Sup Forumscore
>i dont like Swans
>every bjork song sounds the same
>nirvana is a good band
>lonesome crowded west has too much filler near the end
>very few rap artists have any actual talent
>daft punk's most popular songs aren't truly transformative work and they should be sued by the people they sample

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=PHWAZNkqwN4
youtube.com/watch?v=SRXO6TuPd6I
youtube.com/watch?v=8-QNxD56p_U
youtube.com/watch?v=MxWUwkTZSpg
youtube.com/watch?v=PCPHsXZEuio
youtu.be/VTdTvK_d9lQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>daft punk's most popular songs aren't truly transformative work and they should be sued by the people they sample
Oh stfu faggot

this isn't an opinion, it's an objectively incorrect statement

Quality thread

>Magical Mystery Tour is the best Beatles album
>Pink Floyd's music took a turn for the worse after Syd Barrett left
>Paralytic Stalks is better than Hissing Fauna, Are You The Destroyer?
>On Avery Island is better than In The Aeroplane Over The Sea

>as i get older, i like redditcore indie pop more than depressing Sup Forumscore
you are doing something wrong
>i dont like Swans
good taste
true
>nirvana is a good band
true. but it's not better than good
>lonesome crowded west has too much filler near the end
yes
>very few rap artists have any actual talent
actually none of them
you don't understand electronic music at all

>I absolutely loathe the degradation of morals within contemporary music, singing about sexual escapades and drug should never have became so prominent, Elvis and the Velvet Underground should be censored like movies
>Speaking of which, Metallica and Lou Reed's 'Lulu' is a very enjoyable concept album, something I've been saying since 2011 and only now are people 'getting it'
>Death Grips is atrocious Dadaist garbage filling the hole left by Odd Future in the hearts of internet-using late teen/early 20 somethings
>Odd Future was the last great musical 'movement/scene' that was legitimately enjoyable to be part of
>A Moon Shaped Pool is one of the laziest releases of all time, the fact people took it seriously as an LP and not as a collection B-Sides speaks volumes
>Paris is a fucking amazing city and I'm so glad I didn't listen to mouthbreathers who told me not to go because it was 'lost forever' lol

Soundtracks for the Blind is the best Swans album.

Memethony Memetano is a pretty good music critic, even though he's a little simplistic sometimes.

Piero Scaruffi actually has some decent opinions, but is worthless when it comes to anything remotely popular.

MPP is best anco album

Ege Bamyasi is fun but ultimately outclassed by Tago Mago and Future Days.

Harsh noise is the logical conclusion to music

>sometimes when i listen to Coil i get boner

I completely agree with you on Floyd. I really can't understand why people are so into post Barrett and post Darkside Floyd.

>>nirvana is a good band
This isn't unpopular, it's polarizing but not unpopular

>implying death grips or odd future are in any way dadaist

>Pluto and All Is Full Of Love sound the same

Death Grips is Dadaist trash you heard me the first time.

agree on bjork. I've never been able to get into her

>Antichrist Superstar is the 2nd to worst Manson album, just above Eat Me, Drink Me
>MCR are actually really great
>Velvet Underground and Nico is a 2/10

>Tori Amos' first two albums are better than anything Björk, PJ and Bush have ever put out
>Indie music peaked in the early-mid 90's
>Electronic music of the last 10 years is better than the electronic music released before then, starting in the 90's (in fact, better than almost all IDM)
>Head over Heels is the best Cocteau Twins album, and the HoLV-fags are part of the cancer that is killing Sup Forums (assuming Sup Forums is not dead already)
>If a male singer's vocal delivery, technique and development isn't interesting at all, it's almost always worse than a female singer making these same mistakes

>>every bjork song sounds the same
how can you think this? lol

Death Grips is just slightly obfuscated hip hop, which is fairly realist

youtube.com/watch?v=PHWAZNkqwN4
Does this not sound like every single song off of Vespertine?

not really

Kanye is not trash, Kanye is not great, he is just medicore

TKOL is best radiohead

I feel like "MCR are great" is becoming quite a popular opinion on Sup Forums, because they dont have the cringy fanbase so people just listen to the music and appreciate the theatrics and drama of it.

>Ummagumma is better than Dark Side, The Wall and Animals

Young people are the single worst thing to happen to music. Listening to music should be forbidden until you turn 35, and in order to hear it you need to pass a series of increasingly rigorous tests.

watched 2 random songs, they do sound different, but honestly I would not be able to tell them apart, kind of the way if you put what's new pussycat on repeat it would take you 3 or 4 playthroughs to really catch on that you heard it more than once.

nirvana could be good but I like none of their songs, I have heard their covers, and it was pretty good so to me it was mostly the material they were singing.

ill second the rap, you are either good with lyrics, and make something intresting
Have good presentation and make something worth watching
Or you are great at speaking, so hearing you is fun to do, most artists fail all 3 and still get popular for some fucking reason

Literally everything you said is correct.

>vocalists are under appreciated
>Skrillex is better than most of his contemporaries
>"songwriters" that don't contribute to the music – wtf are they even doing
>music producers who can't play any instrument are a joke
>classical music has the most beautiful melodies
>soundcloud rap is a movement but also a mistake

>Metal and Western Classical are the best genres and metalheads were 100% this whole time

are vocalists underappreciated?
Most of the shit I listen to is make or break how they mix the vocals and if I even like the way the vocalist sounds.

granted I like a big chunk of foreign music just because I don't understand what they are saying and the vocals become another instrument.

>Pablo Honey is criminally underrated. It isn't great or particularly good, just incredibly underrated.
>Grimes isn't special. I don't have a special love for her music or a special hate for her music. She just kinda exists.
>Scaruffi is a great historian and a terrible critic
>The Public Castration versions of songs from Holy Money and Greed are better in every way.
>I don't like Seven Swans (although it's because I don't like religious things so I dunno why I bring this up).

Black Tie White Noise was a top 5 David Bowie album and "Heroes" was overrated as all hell.
Blueprint 3 was a good album and Jay fans need to get over it being more 'poppy' than the others.
Late Registration > MBDTF and College Dropout
Biophilia is Bjork's best 2010s album.
Early 80s Billy Joel > 70s Billy Joel
Blue Moves > Goodbye Yellow Brick Road.

That's all the ones I can think of.

God you're deaf.

the first 3 avril lavigne albums are good

harsh noise is boring

these aren't unpopular opinions tho

>>every bjork song sounds the same

youtube.com/watch?v=SRXO6TuPd6I
youtube.com/watch?v=8-QNxD56p_U
youtube.com/watch?v=MxWUwkTZSpg
youtube.com/watch?v=PCPHsXZEuio

> Shoegaze is generally very mediocre genre
> Most people on mu who hate hip hop simply dont understand it and sound a lot like pre boomers who didnt understand rock
> WYWH and Animals era was peak Floyd and far superior to Barrett era

Well Swans, Modest Mouse and Daft Punk are all terrible and Nirvana is pretty good. This isn't you "losing touch", it's you developing respectable music taste.

Maybe vocalists was the wrong term – more like performers.

Mate, you are a fucking cunt.

>DAMN was a terrible album and people who like it have bought into the hype way too much. Humble is the worst pile of shit song Kendrick has ever put out.

>Teenage Fanclub is better than Big Star by 1000 miles. Teenage Fanclub is also top 5 bands of the 90's.

>Radiohead had better output in the 90's overall than they did in the 2000's

>Coldplay is underrated as hell, especially their early stuff and B sides

>MBTTF is bloated as an album and not perfect in the slightest

>king gizzard haven't released an album below a 7/10 this year

Alana Watson is better than Grimes.

Regina Spektor is better than Grimes.

Jonna Lee is better than Grimes.

Grimes is, however, better than FKA twigs.

>MBDTF is bloated as an album
>11 complete songs and two interludes
>bloated

???

>OK Computer is literally just britpop tunes on top of "experimental" music in the background. Decent but far from genius. Most overrated album ever. Even more than Nevermind.

>I've got a bike you can ride it if you like

>Antichrist Superstar is the 2nd to worst
wow that is an unpopular opinion
mine is
>Hesitation Marks sucks

>Radiohead are good but none of their albums are brilliant in any way
>the ex-yu new wave/post punk scene was the best one and it perfected the sound
>WPSIATWIN is one of the best 2000's records by far
>The fact that people think listening to Jazz means musical maturity is retarded
>Punk is probably the most important thing which happened to rock music apart from Black Sabbath
>Metal and Rap are the most interesting genres of this decade

>Eurobeat is the apex of music
>Streetlight Manifesto is a great band
>Charles Mingus third stream works are garbage
>Suicide's first album is garbage as well
>Loveless as a whole isn't better than the average manufactured pop rock record
>A Love Supreme is a 7/10
>European free jazz is the only free jazz worth looking into saving Coleman's works
>the average nu-metal band is better than the average punk/post-punk band
>Art Bears>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Henry cow
>70's Prog has been the greatest achievement of Rock music
>See You On The Other Side is the best Mercury Rev album
>Filles De Kilimanjaro is Davis best work
>Dream pop isn't a real genre
>Violent Femmes debut becomes unlistenable past a certain age

>kind of the way if you put what's new pussycat on repeat it would take you 3 or 4 playthroughs to really catch on that you heard it more than once.

>Dream Pop isn't a real genre
How? This isn't even an opinion also
70's prog was good until the mid 70's then it got too far up its own ass (something like ELP is a great example though they've always been shit)

>70's prog was good until the mid 70's then it got too far up its own ass
I disagree, wank is good.

>Limp Bizkit is a good band.

>Octopus' Garden by The Beatles is a great song
fight me you cunts

>Weezer's 2000s output isn't that bad

Why is it good? Wanking most often exists for the sake of existing. If you use it to just show off your ability it feels very redundant in a song and it adds nothing to it.

>Why is it good? Wanking most often exists for the sake of existing. If you use it to just show off your ability it feels very redundant in a song and it adds nothing to it.
This is so blatantly incorrect but It's not like I can change your opinion, I can only advise you to be more open minded regarding where prog was heading and what it tried to achieve (using "tried" because it was sabotaged by music business in process) inside the space it occupied as a popular genre.
You also said ELP has always been crap which well, can't agree with that either. Where you only see excess I can clearly obtain variety and exciment, a matter of prespective really. I'm pretty sure there's many rock fans which agree with me on this, not that atypical of an opinion.

I personally love playing the wank parts on my guitar but I really don't see why they exist in a song most of the time,also ELP only made one fucking amazing song,so me saying they were always shitty is kind of wrong

>Biophilia is Bjork's best 2010s album.
Dear god, I thought I was the only one.

if your a man, all industrial should give you a boner

>nothing that great has come out this year and all the AOTYs are unbelievably over hyped

>>as i get older, i like redditcore indie pop more than depressing Sup Forumscore

Are you me?

>who is Mozart

Loveless and Spiderland are overrated as fuck
Discipline is better than ITCOTCK and Red combined

these are the """people""" you share a board with

fucking idiot

I actually think Gorillaz made some pretty good music, especially demon days (minus monkeys head)

Monkey's head is the best song.

Most people with independent thinking do, it's just kids screaming about reddit who have not grown up yet that hate on the project. Id say the majority of music fans like at least some Gorillaz music. Plastic beach is a masterpiece.

Of course they did. Demon Days is fantastic and no amount of underage no life kids saying "le leddit" can change that

>liking morrissey doesn't make you evil
>a perfect circle is better than tool
>nirvana isn't overrated but isn't the greatest grunge band of all time
>the cure only have 3 good songs
>new gorillaz isn't that bad
>new order is better than joy division
>NLDW is the secret best death grips album followed by NOTM and GP
>exmillitary is overrated
>kendrick is overrated
>kanye west is the most influential and important artist of the 2000s

>none of them have talent
Have not listened to ANY rap classics?

reported for spamming faggot

Not wrong about LR it's Kanye's best work

I still kinda think its cringey in a middle school sort of way. Because that's when I and all the females i wanted to fuck liked it. I can't see how anyone's taste wouldn't mature from MCR unless they were a girl

Trap sucks - Hip Hop died in 1999

>Sup Forumscore metal is the most uninteresting music i've heard, i'd rather listen to top 40
>to that end, while a large portion of pop music is utter shite i dont think poptivism is a bad thing
>increased ease of access to making music is a boon, not a bane
>mf doom and aesop rock are as legitimately good as entry-level kiddies think they are, but not necessarily for the same reasons
>jazz and classical music are on par with each other
>death grips has maybe 4 good songs
>most of radiohead's music is forgettable
>clouddead is fucking terrible
>flower boy is one of the best hip-hop albums ever created, and droppin' seeds is the best song
>punk is bad, but punk influence is good

and the worst one of all,
>rap isn't just good, it's the best

>unironically agreeing with that

Barrett's Pink Floyd sucked. The weird absurd lyrics is funny at first but after a while it gets so gimmicky. There's literally no message, no sense. It's not "deep" or "trippy", it's just nonsense. You cannot convince me that a song like Bike isn't an assault on your ears.

Barrett's spiral into madness was great because it inspired the band later on, but his actual music is ridiculous to listen to.

i agree

always thought this desu, yellow sub still ass though

Degradation of morals through lyrics? Zappa fought the PMRC about that same inane concept in the 80's. There hasn't been any evidence of such a concept then and there isn't now. Have you heard of the phrase "art imitates life"? Enjoy:
youtu.be/VTdTvK_d9lQ
Intellectual rape on live television.

I agree with trap sucks but isn't early eminem supposed to be pretty good?

Man, these opinions are fucking shit.

Pic related, it's the image of someone who once said to me and some other lads that Black Tie White Noise was great and Heroes wasn't.

lmfao

Adorno was right about jazz, and his critique does hold up against the genre's later developments.

red is the best weezer album

>These threads are just an excuse to express plebeian taste without proper ridicule and critique
>I actually like Cresendo-core more than most other post-rock
>Tweez is Slint's best album
>I can't tell how Enemies is post-rock

I'm a gay faggot who loves stereotypical gay faggot music, and fucking hates any recommendations of gay artists who aren't flamboyant af.

I'm not a trans person, but I love the shit out of vaporwave unironically.

Marylin Manson played it too fucking safe in his new album, and his music video was weak sauce that's not even edgy or raunchy any more. Sorry gramps.

Primus >>> Swans

Lo fi indie folk sucks, except for Car Seat Headrest

Watch The Throne had Kanye's two best songs on it: No Church In The Wild and Murder To Excellence.

Gangsta Rap >>>>>>>> Mumble Rap

I can enjoy both Burzum and Viper.

Pop 7 by Gas is the greatest song of all time. Followed very closely by The Bad Touch by Bloodhound Gang.

It's just so preachy though. I may be biased because I hate spoken word in mist cases, but still, no subtlety in that song.

Seems like your personal biases influence your opinions. Just because you associate the music with your embarrassing teenage years doesn't mean it's immature to enjoy the music.

Eh, I don't mind it so much because it's a pretty mundane message. Maybe I don't agree with it, but I've heard it enough and the opinion is commonplace enough that it doesn't really bother me. The evil man who profits from natural resources a cliche by now. Doesn't get to me as much as the obvious "fuck drumpf" shit off of Humanz.

I miss Dennis Hopper's golden voice, I wish he did more spoken word over hip hop beats, I can listen to that song for hours on repeat.

oh, fo'sho, don't like that one, but OG gets me on my feet and makes me think of much more innocent times in my life

It's their best, actually, followed by Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds.

Industrial metal is garbage
Nine Inch Nails, Coil, and Godflesh all suck

>> WYWH and Animals era was peak Floyd and far superior to Barrett era
That's an extremely popular opinion though?

sum 41 songs have shit lyrics but great instrumental accompaniment