Yup, this pretty much confirms that this will be the biggest piece of shit in years

Yup, this pretty much confirms that this will be the biggest piece of shit in years.

>Run

Wow, guys. That's really on the same level of creativity as "In space, no-one can hear you scream". And what' what the Alien's face? Is he trying to look like Jason Bourne or something? Even the Alien Vs Predator teaser poster looked more impressive than this.

Time to retire, Riddles. You've obviously gone completely senile to the point where people are going to question whether you've actually ever made a good movie in your life, or if it's just nostalgia.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Hh1XGAYSho4
youtube.com/watch?v=qG_P_1JnfXI
youtube.com/watch?v=LjLamj-b0I8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

When are we getting the ultimate kino?

>Time to retire, Riddles. You've obviously gone completely senile
Right, because the director is in charge of poster making, and not marketing.

Oh man, that was my favourite old-school game back in the day. Pity this wasn't made in the 90s.

youtube.com/watch?v=Hh1XGAYSho4

>taking bait posts seriously
first day on Sup Forums?

I was watching the behind-the-scenes for 12 Monkeys and Terry Gilliam was in a room approving the final poster design for the movie. So I guess some directors do get a say on what it would look like. And someone like Ridley Scott would certainly have the clout to have his input taken into consideration. Either that or he just doesn't give a shit.

When are we going to get a movie about the only true survivor of the Nostromo?

>comparing shit that happened 20 years ago on a low budget movie without much marketing

shut up faggot. at least it isn't huge text over the xenomorph's face

Great point, Anonymous! I wonder if will concede or attempt to make a counterargument! Let's wait and see!

That xenomorph is doing his von Sydow impression

Poorly thought out post, Anonymous! Your opinions will be received better by your fellow anonymous posters if you utilize a broader vocabulary and less profanity! Remember, a clean post is a productive post! Over and out!

Give it time.

What exactly is your point? Are you saying because a movie has a bigger budget, that the director doesn't have a say in what the poster will look like?

Shit ripoff

Maybe "Run" is a reference to Jason Bourne always running.

>running
>ever
Somebody played Isolation on easy

I know a guy who couldn't beat Alien Isolation on easy with a fucking trainer

Sometimes I just don't understand

Resurrection was KINO. They should have hired some Spanish perfume ad director to make this.

Ridley Scott: "I know I've made a fuckton of shit movies for the past 20+ years, but hopefully this *real* alien movie will make you 'member I was once a good director. 'Member the chestburster scene? 'Member the Nostromo? I 'member."

Am I the only one who thinks the Xenomorph always looked dumb as fuck?

>"If you want to be a successful screenwriter, here’s the secret...Here it is, I’m going to tell you. This is what you have to do, it’s great – don’t tell anyone. You have to read Hamlet and you have to read it again and you have to read it until you understand every word. And then you move onto King Lear. And then maybe you treat yourself to Troilus and Cressida. And then you know what? Then you’re going to go back and read Aristotle’s poetics until you can quote it. And then you’re going to read Sophocles and then you’re going to read Ibsen and then you’re going to read Tony Kushner and then you’re going to read Chekhov. You’re going to understand the continuum of what it is to be a dramatist, so you have respect for the form in which you are trying to function. So you understand what has come before you.

>Then, if you choose, watch a couple of movies. But the great mastery of writing words for characters will be taught to you by those people who invented the form over centuries. So to me it’s vital that people understand that, and particularly Shakespeare because of language."

- John Logan, screenwriter (Alien: Covenant)

the xeno has no personality, it shouldnt be featured like that, like its someone instead an ominous "something".

James Cameron's version is the only decent one, followed by the design from Alien3. All the others looked goofy as fuck, with their buck teeth and massive chins.

That's what happens when you replace Stan Winston Studios with Amalgamated Dynamics.

You're basing your opinion on a poster, you are retarded. Also how does a picture make you this ass blasted? Surely you have more inportant things to worry about

>Time to retire, Riddles.
This old fuck needs to fucking die already.

Literally nothing wrong with the film poster. Its movie that's going to be confused shitpile

A poster's quality should reflect the quality of the movie itself. If the poster looks lazy, uncreative and cliched, then it does not bode well for the movie.

THe poster just all but confirms Covanent is JUST going to be an alien movie. Nothing new or inventive or particularly universe expanding etc like Prometheus tried to be. It's sad. I hope this is intelligent marketing strategy to make it seem like a jumpey horror movie with aliens rather than a truly surprising take on the alien franchise. We'll see but I haven't got my hopes up.

Jonesy best cat

You would have complained no matter what tagline they used. If they reused the "In space..." line, you still would have made this thread. Literally nothing would have pleased you because you're a medically diagnosed autistic piece of shit. In conclusion, kill yourself.

big words from the faggot that wrote Skyfall and Spectre.

THe original alien was the best. No question. The James Cameron aliens were good but just slightly too design-y if you know what I mean.

>Jame's Cameron's garden hose tube tubber version was best
I bet you are one of those cocksuckers who think T2 > T1

I always hated the original Alien design because it looked so cheap and always came across as being just a "man in a suit" in the way it moved. 'Member how awkward it spun around when it attacked Parker?

It was always the arms that did it for me. The entire design has an otherworldly monsterlike appearance, but the arms looked and moved just like a human.

i refuse to watch it
it'll be army dog all over again
but with aliens

Yes, that is literally what I am saying

Jesus christ no

But X-Men: First Class actually was an embarrassing, badly-acted piece of shit.

Thisa, its an Alien movie, for Alien movies sake. If you dont like anything from the series, this isnt made to pull you in, its for people who just want to watch anew Alien movie.

Daily Reminder

Rape scene was already too long man

I would be fucking pissed if some idiots woke me up from my galactic nap.

On the contrary, the film will continue developing the themes and ideas of Prometheus

It's Prometheus 2, with the exception that it is going to embrace the xenomorph instead of dance around it

Besides, the tagline is pottery. Check the tagline for the 1979 Alien teaser poster.

It was a big budget movie.

tok kep and 555

Jesus Christ.

The Eight Passenger was the better title name really

The tag line was something like Freight Cruiser Nostromo CREW Members 7

back home

Great concept but needs some improvement.

HOLY SHIT MY SIDES

>crappy rubber suit
>hardly see the alien
>one of the scariest movies

He did a great job. I wonder why he can't seem to pull it off again.

>tfw that cat is probably dead by now

>probably

thats the point, they shouldnt be reusing taglines unless its a remake.

they should have something original, but never give away the monster in the poster.

I know, I'm away from my computer ATM and I had to use a shitty phone shop

you goddamn uneducated ape.
youtube.com/watch?v=qG_P_1JnfXI

watch the whole thing, or start at 1:30

i think that akward sexuality thing was recovered in resurrection.
god that movie gave me some weird boners as a kid

Keked and Checked

>Ridley Scott: "I know I've made a fuckton of shit movies for the past 20+ years

You mean like 3?

Fuck yes. With a big budget movie the studio won't give a shit what the director has to say about the marketing, the studio will market the movie in whatever way they think will be the most profitable.

>movie about the most known, iconical and parodied monster ever, whose first appearance was more than 30 years ago
>never give away the monster in the poster.

go back to bed, Pedro

If i remember correctly they used four different cats for Jonesy, one to hold in your lap, one for hissing etc.
I like to think that they're in a better place now.

OP is just some toady cashing his $0.05, but let's take his nonsense at face value anyway.

OP is presenting an absurdity in his rhetoric: that the tagline for the original Alien film is a bad tagline. Nothing could be further from the truth. In an industry populated by long-forgotten taglines, "In space, nobody can hear you scream" is one of the very few taglines that people can actually remember and recall at will. Do me a favor, recite the tagline(s) of one of your favorite films, right now, without cheating.

It's just part of the overall great promotional front-matter for the original film, which includes one of the great trailers (a dialogue-free mood piece which spoils nothing, and anticipates the tempo of the modern horror/thriller trailer, lest you forget):

youtube.com/watch?v=LjLamj-b0I8

;_;

Nice trips you evil bastard

> of one of your favorite films, right now, without cheating.
>PRIVATE CONNOR REPORTING FOR DUTY

Who invented the "after brutal violence cut to a non-reaction from an uncaring animal face" move?

Scott does it with the owl in Blade rUnner as well.

Checked.

kek

This guy beat me to the observation. That is correct, four animals were /available to be used/ for the portrayal of Jones during the original film.

I have never been able to discern very well between the animals. The point being that I've never been able to tell as to whether /all four/ animals were utilzed in (a) final cut of the film, or if perhaps one or two were left aside, on the cutting room floor, etc.

One should also account for the portrayal of Jones in the opening scenes of Aliens, which of course utilizes at least one animal, and possibly one or two other doubles as is common in the film industry (I've never heard of a number being attached to this sequel-apperance, unlike the commonly repeated "four cats" number of the Alien production). Basically we have an indeterminate number of cats to account for, anywhere from 5-7, say. Jonesy's portrayal ends with being left in the general vicinity of Earth, of course, where he presumably did in fact outlive the entire Nostromo (and for that matter, Sulaco and almost the entire Fury 161) crew(s). The only other notable survivor of these incidents is the prisoner Morse, who in secondary canon had his account "Star Beast" (a reference to the original working title of the screenplay) suppressed by the WY/gubmint.

Furthermore, the longest-lived housecat on record (maybe like 35 years or somesuch) fallse well short of any possibility of any one of these animals still being alive. So not only is RL Jonesy quite completely dead, but since every principal cast member /is still alive/ (the principal seven, not counting the long-deceased Bolaji Badejo), there is a definite sense in which Jonesy actually died first.

whats happening here?

I doubt it will be explained in the movie. I think it's supposed to just be something that makes you wonder, similar to the hologram of the Engineers running away in Prometheus.

shakespeare plays were basically flicks of the time

engineer orgie aftermath

>Tony Kushner

Probably leftovers of yet another Engineer fuckup, expect this time they just burned everyone with a super weapon or something.

But Skyfall and Spectre were good.

A part of me hates this image.

In the throes of death, nobody just wanders out to the flat area. Nobody stands on the slanted shit even when you're doing fine. You collapse on the stairs or you collapse on the floor at the top of the stairs.

I don't think anyone "wandered" there

whatever happened, it was a real shitshow and there was a violent struggle

a lot of imagery from the massacre of st bartholomew

There's a difference between a bunch of bodies strewn around a flat causeway and a bunch of bodes on an incline. Especially when there are stairs there.

I'm saying it's shit positioning of bodies dead or alive. It makes no sense that some are positioned to move forward and some have just given up and are peacefully lying down.