youtube.com/watch?v=mQWK0zBhNz8
youtu.be/WUDCn0snnPU?t=9m10s
youtube.com/watch?v=LLHzUzTzCsw
secrets-explained.com/david-blaine/bullet-catch
youtube.com/watch?v=26R9KFdt5aY
youtube.com/watch?v=pRA-u5AWfx8
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

fuck penn, fuck david blaine.
magic tricks are only for the week if mind.

>the week if mind

So you love magic?

>week if mind

Fuck spelling,
>it`s only for the week if mind.

>he thinks the trick was real

tl,dr version please

dubs of truth

What an unfortunate and ironic brain fart.

It was. David has gotten to a point in his career where the only way he can get a high is by endangering his own life, probably because people can't try to "debunk" physical stunts. Even his "needle through hand" trick is really just sticking a needle through his hand. He even went ahead and drank kerosine against all advice.

He'll actually kill himself someday.

penn was calling out david blaine about his cathing the bullet trick, because penn and teller do it a "safe " way and flipping out about blaine potentially getting hurt. my theory is that penn probaby doesnt know how blaine does his trick and was trying to get blaine to tell him how.

Nah Penn is big ol' faggy faggot

Isn't Penn just shitting all over the magician code stating that tricks are tricks?
Guild isn't going to like this.

so blane actually caught a real bullet in his mouth somehow?

Where has he been over the last decade of Blaine doing life-endangering stunts? Why is he only just now getting butthurt about how "irresponsible and wrong" it is.

You're retarded.
He stopped a bullet with a metal cup that was in his mouth.

Jesus fuck, did no one watch the special?

He specially designed a mouthguard for his teeth to catch the bullet, the thing broke on impact and hit the back of his throat, he almost got fucked.

Because this is literally saying "come buy tickets you might see a live suicide by gun to the face"

Man, he can catch anything in that mouth of his !!

>entertainment is supposed to be a celebration of life and a celebration of health

I'm one of the few people that still likes Penn but jesus what a stupid comment, shut the fuck up

He had a special mouth guard to catch it in. It was just a matter of not fucking up the aim and shooting somewhere other than the center of his mouth by mistake.

Well apparently there is still debate even for those who watched it. For one that bullet was obviously 'under-powdered'

>Jesus fuck, did no one watch the special?
no.

So I guess trapeze artists that take the net away shouldn't exist?

thats the trick he is tricking you with, he is doing it some other way. WHO THE FUCKS ACTUALLY CATCHES A BULLET WITH THEIR MOUTH??

he didn't catch the bullet, it's a fucking trick

that's the whole point

jesus you people are fucking dense

That's because people are fucking retarded. All of David's recent "tricks" are real. The frog spitting, storing water and kerosene, the needle through hand. He also held his breath, starved himself, stayed in a block of ice, etc.

Like I said, the only thing that gets him hard these days probably is fucking himself up. He must be bored of magic.

Why would I watch it? The whole "watch the funny black people act all crazy about a magic trick" is so cringe and so reddit that it makes me uncomfortable.

>people think he legit caught a bullet in his mouth

You people are idiots.

>week if mind

it's not an illusion, it's a "trick." He's doing it for real.

The whole point is the mouth guard/reinforced cup which is powerful enough to stop the bullet.

He has to train himself to stay still AND take the force of a bullet to the mouth.

> All of David's recent "tricks" are real.
But that's just what he wants you to think. I don't think he's dumb enough to shoot a bullet into his mouth.

David Blaine dedicates his life to permanently fucking up his body so he can do weird performance stunt shit these days. He's moved beyond the regular "magician" shit.

you're the perfect rube

You're not smarter than anybody by playing the ignorant non-believer, fucktard. David's travels to learn these things are even documented, and he isn't the only one who does them. He learned all this from other people.

No, he doesn't. He adopts that persona to fool idiots like you.

magicians have died doing just that for decades.

it's tradition.

Check out these retards. It's real and he's done it before. The stunt has been done years before he did it as well. It's not complicated, just dangerous. There's no trickery involved. It's literally just shooting a precise shot into the cup in the mouth. That's it.

"Catching" implies it took any sort of effort on his part. All he did was fire a low velocity round at a mouthpiece that was designed to stop a bullet. All he had to do was stand still. A fake "look, I caught a bullet with my teeth!" would have been more impressive than his lame suicide attempt.

This.

Penn is actually making a really good point. Magic is about using tricks to entertain an audience who are letting themselves get fooled because they want to have a good time. at this point, David Blaine is using the guise of magic to perform suicidal stunts to entertain people. People who are going to David Blaine for magic aren't doing it because they want to see tricks, they're doing it because they want to see him fuck up and kill himself. By turning a classic magic trick into that kind of stunt, Blaine introduced something very dangerous and gruesome to what's supposed to be harmless fun.

>A fake "look, I caught a bullet with my teeth!" would have been more impressive than his lame suicide attempt

how does that make any sense. the fact that he could die is the whole point.

>He's a friend of mine, always nice to me

>Goes on to shit on him

Fucking cunt

>Magic trick
>the whole thing is explained and documented in detail

How is this a magic trick?

This is just Jackass 2.0

Blaine didn't come up with it, it's old as shit. The guy that first did it is like 60 years old.

THE BULLET CATCH = PENN AND TELLER?

A FUCKING OLD FRENCH MAGICIAN FROM THE SIXTIES DID IT TOO.

stunt magic still has its place in magic. He's not even doing anything new: a LOT of magicians have died putting their lives in danger for their art.

The allure of daredevil magicianary is the human risk.

Fucking Houdini died from a shitty punch trick.

Muphry's Law

Blaine doesn't do magic anymore. He's a performance artist now and Penn is butthurt that he's been left behind in the dust.

>the fact that he could die is the whole point.

So him playing Russian roulette on stage would be considered magic?

Bruh, it's just a .22lr. That shit has no penetrative power, perfectly safe to be stung with. It's why Israelis adopted it for their snipers when dealing raucous Palestinian protestors. Israel views all life as sacred and thus shy away from using lethal force against their neighbors.

a .22 will pass through a phone book with ease. It has plenty of penetrating power, and can and will kill you.

There have been cases where a .22 got reflected, or didnt penetrate enough to kill, but they are rare.

That's the point of Penn's original criticism, which I talked about. It's kind of worse that he did it with an old trick. Because doing that involves a weird kind of oneupsmanship that implies he's doing it better because he (supposedly) almost killed himself for real. It sets a dangerous precedent for people doing dangerous things to entertain an audience who want to see things go wrong.

And the worst part about it was that it was apparently done with camera tricks. For all his posturing about how dangerous the trick was, it was as safe as the normal version, but now people will expect real danger.

I get Blaine is trying to stand out by doing stunt performances but I wish he'd just do straight up street magic specials too. People dont realize just how great of a street magician the guy is. His card magic is masterful. He does some of the most seamless false cuts and lifts I've ever seen.

His argument is so fucking retarded

David never called it magic. He called it a stunt. Penn is the one going on about "muh magic."

Yes.

And Derren Brown did exactly that years ago:

youtube.com/watch?v=mQWK0zBhNz8

Btw, you can see the exact moment he gets hurt doing it at 9:10 on OP's vid

youtu.be/WUDCn0snnPU?t=9m10s

Anti-semite disinfo agent, please, please no bully. Why would Israel utilize such a vicious round against protestors. .22lr has no penetrative properties, it is absolutely not lethal.

Houdini did not die from a trick performed on stage. He died from l etting some asshat punch him in the stomach.

Houdini was also not a magician; he was an escape artist.

>He's a performance artist now and Penn is butthurt that he's been left behind in the dust.
Penn has always been vocally against magicians putting themselves in harms way for a trick. Watch their shows. He'll explain to the audience up front that it's all fake and that everything is perfectly safe. There's nothing new or unique about this.

>"Catching" implies it took any sort of effort on his part.

You do it then, bitch

>And the worst part about it was that it was apparently done with camera tricks.

STOP BEING FUCKING RETARDED

YOU CAN SEE HIM GETTING HURT HERE IN ONE SLOW MOTION TAKE

YOU
FUCKING
RETARD

that's what I said. a "shitty punch trick."

he asked a member of the audience to punch him in the stomach as hard as he could and that later contributed to his death. Magicians have been putting their lives in danger since forever. why stop now?

That's not physically possible, retard.

>magic tricks are only for the week if mind.
man you are dumb as fuck.

I actually saw a magician do a Russian Roulette trick just a month ago at a Halloween magic show.

>He's a performance artist now and Penn is butthurt that he's been left behind in the dust.
This.
The days of magic tricks are over. Penn is just trying to stay relevant any way he can. Blaine can hurt/kill himself if he wants to.

why not?

did you even watch the show? he literally shows you how he did it.

So.... Penn's right?

There's no trick here. It's not entertainment. It's just seeing a guy get shot and probably not die. There's no art to it. It's like watching traffic on the off-chance there's a collision.

>moxie crimefighter

>Implying
>Confirmed for not following actual magic

True, they now manipulate balls and cards while making it really poetic.

Blaine was the camerman for Harmony Korine when he was going around starting brutal fights with people while high on qualuudes.

What's wrong with being entertained by people getting hurt? Blane is an adult, if he wants to backflip into a woodchipper I'll watch that shit

I thought Murphy's Law invovled getting shot to shit in a grimy factory and being turned into a slow as fuck moving robot man who eats baby food.

>It's not entertainment
how is this not entertainment but Evil Knievel or UFC or boxing is?

people put themselves in danger for entertainment all the time. how is this a new concept for any of you?

What's the greatest magic trick you've ever seen Sup Forums?

It's modern day sideshow shit. It's the same danger you see at a circus or something when people walk on a tightrope or throw knives at other people or some shit. There's no "entertainment" besides the anticipation that someone might get hurt.

Houdini is probably a great example of what Penn is talking about. For years, Houdini had billed himself as being basically invincible, and part of that was letting people punch him to prove it. It was such a key part of his act that one day, he was relaxing backstage, and when he was getting up to shake a guy's hand, he punched him out of nowhere hard enough to rupture his abdomen. The audience had grown to expect Houdini to deal with random violence, and eventually it violated what should have been a safe trick and killed him.

he was also part of the young Hollywood rat pack that also included Leonardo Dicaprio and Lukas Haas. They're all best buds.

the one where the guy shoots a man before throwing him out of a plane

youtube.com/watch?v=LLHzUzTzCsw

Bruh, look at this and tell me magic is over. 2015 FISM World Champion. True though, Penn can't do that.

18+

>it is aesthetically wrong

Ok PENN

Tell me more about art and AESTHETICS

"Bullshit!" is one of the worst things ever made.

>he follows "actual" magic
lmaoing at ur life rite now m8

It is. Muphry's Law is something different

Someone's taking the TV magic trick a little too seriously.

secrets-explained.com/david-blaine/bullet-catch

Sounds like Penn is mad cause Blaine did something ballsy that Penn wouldnt do.

They are thrill seekers and daredevils, which despite being entertaining isn't really art. Penn is right, stuff like this has no place in magic shows

The one where I was convinced the devil didn't exist

>y-you're underage!
What? How does your predictable reddit tier insult correlate to my post? Did you misquote?

Its performance art Penn, screw your made up rules

youtube.com/watch?v=26R9KFdt5aY

you fucking retards should watch
1.the special
2.listen to what penn is actually saying before babbling

you fucks.

yes, blaine really did shoot himself in the mouth with a precision rifle loaded with a fairly heavy and powerful bullet (heavier than what he had used before)
yes he did hurt himself.
yes he did use a special mouth guard.

penn is angry because he says that entertainment is supposed to be about celebrating life by laughing at death. it is not supposed to be something that is actually violent and dangerous.

>he actually takes that retarded website seriously

Literally everything they post there is speculation, there is no clear "bust" even for his magic tricks.

Also explain to me how they shot two takes in front of a live audience, YOU FUCKING RETARD.

According to Penn no, at that point the trapeze artist is no longer an artist and the crowd is no longer an audience. It is now a potential suicide and a group of witnesses. Penn says no one should endanger themselves, to the point of stupidity, for entertainment sake.

If you want to risk your life, go become a firefighter and make that risk mean something.

stfu cuck, go back to red dit , faggot.

watch the fucking thing you dumb cunts.

>He's too cool for magic
The mark of a feeble mind!

No fucking way Blaine could pull that off without destroying his jaw.

Because those involve skill. We enjoy watching people do skilled things. There's no skill in standing still and getting shot. There's skill in the preparation, but the execution is nothing, just don't move.

i like this guy

youtube.com/watch?v=pRA-u5AWfx8