Holy shit this is comfy as fuck. I wish it were six hours

Holy shit this is comfy as fuck. I wish it were six hours.

Other urls found in this thread:

theneedledrop.com/features/2017/6/austens-favs-2017
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I found it pretty underwhelming so far, but maybe its because I'm feeling like shit physically.

Giving it a listen right now, the opening track is pretty good so I look forward to the rest of the album.

Sad this thread isn't getting more love here on Sup Forums

haven't had time to listen yet, how abrasive is it? how spooky is it?

Its not super abrasive, but it definitely has an eerie quality to it.

Surprisingly subdued for Prurient, not spooky at all. There are a couple of tracks where the feedback is a bit intense, but that's it for abrasiveness. It's a very enjoyable album that plays more with textures and loops.

He called it doom electronics, not that surprising its not abrasive

top 10 album here

theneedledrop.com/features/2017/6/austens-favs-2017

finally someone who recognizes the brilliance of Impossible Nothing (besides Scaruffi)

ah whatev it's a list of tastes, but a good list for 2017 i agree. scaruffi has only reviewed the first album but I doubt he will give the next albums in the series reviews as good as the first. have you heard them all?

i have no idea what i'm talking about really i just posted it to troll and hopefully start an argument about how noise albums don't belong in top 10 lists. apparently no one cares what anyone at theneedledrop thinks besides fantano which is understandable but wait for the chimpanzee reaction if fantano does one.

that purient album is pretty good for analog modular drone noise though.

you like anything else in that list? what's your top10?

i haven't finished it because i keep having to take breaks but i could see it being my aoty or at least top 5

wat?

I went to check this out on Youtube because you said it was comfy but comfy noise is still 2abrasive4me, sorry OP, enjoy your album

Why does one of the tracks sound like farts?

I was hoping for more of a violent/techno effort, kind of like a blend between Frozen Niagara Falls and Through the Window, but this is pretty cool as well. I sank into this album for its full duration and was super surprised when it finally ended.

honestly the best 2017 list i've seen yet

The most interesting for sure. I have to give that 6 hour album a spin.

it's 4 albums totaling 6 hours

dude i can't find any download links

Comes across as dark ambient with noise, it's kind of spooky/comfy

We all agree buddha strangled in vines are the best tracks?

I'm still digesting this album but its either that or chaos-sex

people like noise?

>Doesn't like noise

Isn't that the extra cassette that's tracks from 20 years ago or am I being retarded?

Seems to lean more towards dark ambient than noise but I still dig it a lot.

i've tried listening to Frozen Niagara Falls like three times and I still don't like it, but fuck that song Naturecum is unsettling as fuck and I love it, any of his other stuff sound like this? I know he has a biig discog

Since the /noise/ general is gone, I'll ask my dumb question here.

Why do noise musicians release new stuff so often? What's the reasoning behind this?

I heard once that usually when they release something, it's mainly to document their progression/work at a given time, but is there more to it?

I was listening to Rainforest Spiritual Enslavement the days before it got released. I guess the new record is not very different from it (but obviously noisier). He even reuse that synth in Falling in The Water.

noise is very hardware-based/physical so a lot of the time recordings will just be sections of a live performance (or the full performance)

How can i respond when someone say "noise requires 0 talent"

No, it's just a mediocre album. But it's long, so that means it's good.

>Why do noise musicians release new stuff so often? What's the reasoning behind this?
Cause it's easy to make

>Why do noise musicians release new stuff so often? What's the reasoning behind this?
bad noise musicians do this

Thats awful dude, 2.1/10 i'm sorry.

tell them talent is subjective. there are still some simpletons who think all electronic requires no talent

there is an art to the arrangement of sounds and some noise artists are very meticulous in the way they arrange their work.

What other long and mediocre albums are there?

you're delusional and oversimplified trying to justify shitty works, fuck off

this cunt dead ass thinking some people will listen to 8 hours of fuckery and thinks its good, only imbeciles

>bad noise musicians do this
All the popular noise acts I can think of do it. Prurient released hundreds of records and yet he is one of the best.

>Cause it's easy to make
I doubt this is how the musician justifies it. That's a lazy explanation. Let's pretend these people don't want to be seen as hacks by his peers and believe in what they do for a second.

>oversimplified
how is that oversimplifying anything?

Never heard of Prurient before this thread but this could be top 10 AOTY already

same fag, man you're pathetic

Are you talking about Stockhausen?

the fuck are you talking about

FUCK OFF.

I don't like noise but I pretend that I do for street cred. I just go on about the ethereal soundscapes and whatnot whenever I am asked about what it is that I like about it. This is the main reason I keep up with new noise releases.

lol i feel you user it's fun isn't it?

stop samefagging delusional, this shit sucks

Man what streets are you going in, the shit you read on 4xen its unreal
wtf weirdo

LOL every G from every set is banging Prurient out the whip.
What hood are you from?

I'm really glad you are reconsidering your views on Stockhausen. Also do you like Autechre?

I feel like in a few years people will be saying, "where were you when you first heard it?"

It's that type of project.
It's more than art it's an event.

how is this an event

its the one fucking same tone layered

Is Prurient that greasy haired emo dude who raped someone years back???

>being this triggered by noise music lmao dude

is it actually music though?