Why are they so bad at soccer?

Why are they so bad at soccer?

Other urls found in this thread:

canpl.ca/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Canadian_Premier_League
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

maple syrup and dressing as lumberjacks are bad for your soccer skills

Climate

no soccer culture, no money into sports except hockey, but mostly no soccer culture, if there is, its garbage

Pretty much all government sports funding goes to hockey and what's left goes to winter olympic sports that canada can win gold in

>no soccer culture
pussy ass excuse

what "soccer culture" does Iceland have?

please shut the hell up, you don't know what your talking about, every non north american country loves soccer, were the only bubble, states can fund it, and litteraly finance a culture if no one follows, its onl;y a matter of time

you're wrong

>this post

Are you mentally challenged?

november-march
>field covered in snow
april and may
>field is mud from snow melting
june-october
>fields are usable

we've produced a couple good players owen hargreaves and some guy who played for the dutch nt are from here, but didn't want to play for our nt

Only kids in the summer play soccer.

In what way honestly? The only reason the US is decent is because we have the population, but we don't care about the sport either

exatctly no response
what are you bumbling about burger, idiot, you have no rebuttle

>field covered in snow
>field is mud from snow melting
check out this alien Star Trek technology from the year 2317

exactlyt, just think how powerful america is with money alone and a not very strong culture, they almost beat PORTUGAL, imagine the whole nation enjoyed soccer, youd get a nation of Mj, Bradys, Birds, Lebrons, Becham Jr, Watts, Jeters, Kuchleys, Browns playing soccer, they would destroy the whole world and it wouldnt even be close, europe would literraly lose hope, if it werent for our Lord and Saviour

1 (one) Gold Cup

They're better than all of Central America

They don't care like us and have 10x less population. Why is this hard to figure out?

Because we play Hockey aka the only good sport.

You literally can't argue with this. It has more agressivity than Football. There is better fights than in any other fighting sport. Goals actually mean something unlike in basketball. There is the luck and suspense of baseball. And finally there are better plays than soccer. Just look at players who deke.

Tbh Hockey is unarguably the most underrated sport. Soccer is just a meme

there were barely even local youth academies until mls teams showed up.
the whitecaps new training facility is canadas first ever national soccer facility west of ontario.
children here would rather play hokkei/basketball in the winter over soccer because the climate is shit.

After the MLS overtakes La Liga and EPL, Canada will be a powerhouse

shut up chink

That's not true, at all. Soccer is the most aprticipated sporting activity in Canada due to it's low cost of entry.

Not to mention that if you live in a big city, soccer culture is huge. Larger cities have a larger immigrant population, which means v large soccer cultures. Just go to your local little italy, or little portugal, or greek town, or china town, or whatever. If a game is on, people are watching it in the bars.

Sure, in a predominantly white (generational Canadian) town, soccer won't be as big. But where the majority of Canadians are, people love that shit. Just look at the fans that come out to watch TFC, or Montreal Impact, or the Whitecaps. They may not be the best teams, but there is huge love for them.

We have bubbles, but it is only possible to use artificial grass in them which sucks ass

WE literally have a gold in soccer burgerboy

canpl.ca/

Will Canadians support their new local league?

>youd get a nation of Mj, Bradys, Birds, Lebrons, Becham Jr, Watts, Jeters, Kuchleys, Browns playing soccer, they would destroy the whole world and it wouldnt even be close, europe would literraly lose hope, if it werent for our Lord and Saviour
look at this cuck and his american wet dreams.

kek ur a joke, not even a funny one

No one takes soccer seriously, and if they do, they have no money or no idea how to run a youth football program

Speaking of which, serious youth soccer programs don't exist

yea some candaians with ethnic backlground watch soccer, its not a "candian" thing to like soccer, there are onbivously a llot of people who like soccer, but the practical soccer leagues and social relation is garbage, no one cares about candian socccer

Sorry all funding for building arenas goes to hockey rinks

Your final line may be an indicator as to the problem.

It's not like Canada is an unathletic country (we have a small population tho), so we do produce good players every now and then.

However, we are behind the 8 ball because we don't have a proper national team that can beat anyone. So this deters local talent from wanting to stay.

There needs to be a generation and a half of sacrificial lambs. These are excellent players that are extremely selfless, and are willing to stay in Canada and build up a roster instead of going overseas for a chance of joining a winning team.

These players will have to sacrifice big, because they know that staying in Canada to help produce a team will mean they will almost certainly not make it to a cup final.

However, once we have 1.5 generations of this, and Canada actually has a team that gives players a reason to stick around, then we can see some progress.

exactly no one from youth puts thier kid into soccer, its straight to hockey, if they play soccer, its cuz they play hockey too, growing up my soccer team was filled with hockey players, and thats why the soccer was garbage lmao take them to a rink and theyd destroy anyone who showed up

chinks and indians dont really care about soccer either tho.
only numale cucks enjoy the mlels, which hongcouver and torontistan are full of.

>all this samefagging just to defend your internet honor

It's the most participated because it's the sport you put your kid in because it's cheap. There is absolutely no serious training programs for teenagers and once you hit 18, your best option is to fuck off to the NCAA.

why are you typing like an illiterate retard

is that a legit flag? looks like copy pasta and food colouring

Fighting needs to go. Sorry, bud.

Also, football will be the first sport to be dropped, and hockey will follow.

CTE is too big of a risk. It literally only takes 1 hit to develop it.

all the decent players would rather fuck off and play for actually relevant countries

meanwhile the US has the "america fuck yeah" nationalism culture thats why ppl are actually willing to represent them in international play

Why do you write things like that? Do you actually speak like this in real life? Are these terms that are actually in your lexicon?

not gonna lie, bball is probably the most played sport now, at least in vancouver and toronto

>illiterate
complaining about grammar while being a Sup Forums user and frogposter is beyond low u cuckadoodledoo

everyone calls it hongcouver though
t. hongcouver resident

i cant even name 5 leaf sawker players lol

Why would someone play soccer when hockey is available?

indians fill up all the kiddie leagues at like 7-10 years old

when you get to 13-16 y/o's+ the ethnics all fuck off and then it becomes mostly white people

This. I don't know what it is but in Canada no one feels Canadian unless wearing hockey gear, if not were indistinguishable to the world, were known as "nice" (code for no culture). In a America they don't care who you are, even if they're bona fide racists, you rep the flag and assimilate, your American. I still love Canada though, we got chill factor. The ratio of awesome people to batshit crazy in the states is too high.

Third world nations greatly prefer soccer to hockey though.

pretty much this.
leafs getting drafted into the NBA over the last couple seasons is only going to continue to grow interest.

calling our football culture huge is a disgrace to any European country and most others as well.

there's literally a few immigrants into it and schoolchildren play it in some numbers. I live in Toronto and nobody even knows the MLS exists or that we have a team. even most immigrants don't know or care for it and the ones that do certainly don't watch the north american product

our football culture is literally just like the states', except they definitely have better facilities and development programs. Outside of children's activities, it's a very niche thing. I seriously have no idea where got the idea it's anything half-decent or widespread at all, probably the least interested and most plastic footballing nation on the planet.

drink bleach phoneposter

the embarrassing thing though is how cheap soccer is for everyone, every country should invest in it, they'd make their money back hundred fold infinty

That doesn't really contradict what I said.

You are a fucking retard. Please stop posting

what?

This. anyone who watches mls is because all the other leagues are done or in pause. its a bottom of the barrel league kek 1 in 1000000 people routinely watch mlkek soccer

No one gives a fuck. Bounceball, boreball and handegg are all more important here.

I fucking hate all of you. you're all all the way on either end of the continuum between absolutely retarded humorless moron and cringey reddit fucking faggot. at first I wondered why people hated leafs but I stopped wondering after a while

kk i will lissen to yu
e-ve-ry-coun-try-shoul-d-in-vest-in-so-ccer-you-cu-ck-a-doo-dle-doo...mo-ney-mo-ney

>if something's cheap, everyone should invest in it

aha kek, i know right, why is everyone giving us them salty looks, lawry's

This tbqh phamilia

Because we already have hockey and skiing and mountainbiking, so there's no reason to play soccer (unless you can't afford to play hockey or skiing or mountainbiking).

>what "soccer culture" does Iceland have?

Literally 1 out of every 115,000 Icelanders have scored on England. Pretty powerful soccer culture if you ask me.

SO SOCCER MAKES NO MONEY< WERE TALKING ABOUT SOCCER NOT CHEAP THINGS YOU ECONOMICS DROP OUT, YOU JUST KEKED YOURSELF MY GOODNESS GRACIOUS< SIT DOWN HERES SOME ICE FOR YOUR RAISONETTES...WORLD CLASS KEK RIGHT OVER HERE^ FELLAS SEESH

see that 25 dollar coin is the only type of stupidity canadians can produce, i skip alot on the way to work, that sucker is falling down a sewer no problem

CFL is investing in a soccer league

mexico invests lot of money in sawker and gets btfo by america yearly.
why should we do the same?

no lie? good, cfl sucks banana bread.

>Why are they so bad at soccer?
Look at it this way:

Canada and the USA watch (American) football and hockey.
Those are definitely manly-man sports.
You can't be a pussy to play and you sure af can't ACT like a pussy on the ice or on the field.

When we see soccer players diving or going diva, acting like teenage girls, it just kind of disgusts us. Cut that shit out and soccer over here will be much bigger.
And I was a starter in varsity soccer - so if that's my perspective, I'm pretty certain it's the same for most other people.

>unless you can't afford to play hockey or skiing or mountainbiking

>let's only play these expensive sports
>oh shit why do we have rotary phones and cut trees for a living in 2017?

BEACUSE we attract people from ALL OVER THE WORLD, europe and south america do the exact same thing and some of that is in thier ethnic groups and genetics, it takes a village to raise a cup my G, we gotta hustle, or build academys and invigrate a culture like the Germans minus the nazi virus

what is this phoneposter meme?

desu if you don't get it based on deduction alone, you're probably a phoneposter

is it because a guy capped a pic of bradys insta? how else would you know?

there is unironically more interest in golf culture than soccer culture in this country.
people here actually go out to play golf and have an active interest in it. sawker is just an activity people do for cheap exercise.

On a computer if you hover your mouse over a flag it tells you what country it is. on a phone you can't do that unless you click-touch the flag somehow which is not exactly an easy thing to do on a high res touch screen, or you're running some Sup Forums app.

therefore if you see someone go like
>is that a legit flag?
it's pretty obvious it's some underage bellend who barely knows how to use his mom's phone and comes to Sup Forums since two weeks ago.

i was saying it as a joke, like literally who? type joke kek my bad

what the hell kind of meme is that? is that a yes?
oh kk

> gets BTFO by America yearly

Lol gtfo of Sup Forums and check how the last games had go

>kk
fucking faggot

Canadian broadcasters literally, LITERALLY, show curling and golf over champions league and currently the confed cup. Can't expect to play the sport if you've never even seen it

kk
cbc is canadians braodcastin cucks kek

I Like The Canadian Soccer

hope the Canadian Premier League project is on the right track

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Canadian_Premier_League

canpl.ca/

Remember I had to buy a whole package just to watch the 2012 euros. Totally worth it though. I miss balo

4 tsn channels showed about 10 hours of us open coverage each day for the past 4 days.
some u21 euros and mls sprinkled in. they also spent time talking about hokkei.
the confed cup is on a channel you have to pay extra for.

is that a joke? im serious
aha balotelli, hes a stud, needs to smarten tf up though, needs to get back to england, least amount of distractions and racist cucks

Yup. Ridiculous that tsn 1,3,4,5 are there but its only sportsnet loops all fucking day but all the important stuff is on tsn 2 which is totally separate. no idont want to watch the fucking blue jays over tsuuuuuuuuuuuuu

It's not any joke,

I like the soccer of Canada.

costa rica

hello newfriend.

Costa Rica will lose their game against Canada in the Gold Cup

by the way. I have wallpapers of Canadians teams of MLS (Major League Soccer)

hello, wheres the give gold option? hahaha /s

my dude, your an optimist, bless your heart, gunna take more than a minute tho

THE BOYS!

based Fer
saviour of /mls/

Thank you.

I hope that the level of soccer in Canada, improve.

And also that the project of the Canadian Premier League come out well

Well, thanks for the compliment.

come breed in canada and raise them in footbal senpai

>>let's only play these expensive sports
what I'm saying is that those are expensive sports but they are also popular sports, but if you cannot afford them there are less expensive sports available.
lots of people, rich, middle, and poor, play soccer when they are young.

>we have rotary phones and cut trees for a living in 2017

>rotary phones
not sure what you're saying here
idk if any Canadians still have landlines but i they do I doubt a rotary phone would work on current networks
I looked it up for you, here's Bell Canada's answer as of 2014:
"Bell has 22 million total customer connections, and rotary-dial customers are a very small number of our customers now and our overall home phone base is declining. But we continue to serve them with the same high standards we do the newest Bell Mobility customer or CTV viewer."

>cut trees
trees make wood and paper, you might have heard of those things