How do we fix the australian literacy problem?

how do we fix the australian literacy problem?

Other urls found in this thread:

abc.net.au/local/videos/2012/09/07/3585457.htm
espn.com/nhl/news/story?id=2212397
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jacques_Demers#Literacy_struggles.
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

More diversity

how?
>inb4 abos
racists should not reply to me

>they can't read instructions on a medicine bottle
the problem will fix itself soon enough

This has to be fake, right? There's no way that many Aussies could be illiterate. It's a first world country for fuck's sake

the article you screenshotted says we're functionally illiterate already, moron

This can't be true, we have lots of poor readers and bogans but don't think we're "functionally illiterate"

>"It's a hidden statistic, that so many people don't realise," Ms Richards says. "A lot of people who have issues with literacy are very clever at being able to hide it.

Impossible.

Does this mean 50% of the aussies on this board can't comprehend their own shitposts?

This is bullshit. There is no way in hell a first world country has a 47% illiteracy rate.

Most third world countries aren't that bad

abc.net.au/local/videos/2012/09/07/3585457.htm

before 1900 australia didn't exist as a country, it was 6 independent colonies, the south part of papua new guinea was Queensland territory but the north was German
The German part was suspected to have a supply of gold so the queenslanders wanted access but the Germans denied them, they started forging austrian passports to gain entry but due to australian illiteracy kept spelling it 'australia'
the passports worked though and soon it caught on across the whole continent to go anywhere overseas, thus australia was born

Since when is Australia 47% abbo?

This statistic makes sense when you realize they're talking about functional illiteracy in Mandarin

Chinese is a hard language

AUSTRALIAN EDUCATION
AHAHAHAAHHAHAHAAHAHAH

I don't think so. In the old days on maps people labeled the continent in latin Terra Australis, which means southern land. Australis became Australia.

i fuckin hate stupid cunts like these honestly they dont know a single fuckin thing about us they say we got literacy problems or whatever cos we dont talk the exact same fuckin way as them when i wenmt to get my dole payments i put it down on the form as excellent/perfect english and they actually changed that?? then they literally went a nd fuckin enrolled my to vote what a bunch of fuckin morons

please let this post be legit

im bein 100% fuckin serious man its bullshit, they say if u dont kno the importance of votin u dont gotta vote so clearly i dont fuckin understand it if i didnt even fuckin bother to sign up to vote, its actually fuckin retarded the whole system

I want to tell you that we had a NHL coach who did not know how to read and he was only found out when he retired. Barring a few people no even his wife knew at all.

espn.com/nhl/news/story?id=2212397
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jacques_Demers#Literacy_struggles.

fact 1. reading makes you squint more
fact 2. squinting makes you asian
fact 3. I dont want to be asian

>i fuckin hate stupid cunts like these honestly they dont know a single fuckin thing about us they say we got literacy problems or whatever cos we dont talk the exact same fuckin way as them when i wenmt to get my dole payments i put it down on the form as excellent/perfect english and they actually changed that??

ur a real fuckin embarassment u know that right? no fuckin substance just some dumb ass fuckin picture

More Asian immigrants, they're the only smart people here