Muh Gold, Muh Silver

>Muh Gold, Muh Silver

>Thinks carrying around such stupidly valuable substance for day to day tasks is even sort of logical

>thinks he can go to the market to buy daily necessities with a 1000+ dollar gold coin. not like they can give you change, dipshit

Copper is the future, bros. if shit really does hit the fan and our currency literally becomes useless, what the fuck are you gonna do with all your gold? where are you gonna trade it for it's value?

There is a reason why coin currency has always used multiple metals. Copper is the money of the common man, the every day expenses currency that you carry a bag of everywhere you go.
if our currency devalues and becomes worthless, you're REALLY gonna wanna have a crapload of copper coins on hand. they're dirt cheap(literally a dollar per 1 coin value, so it makes it easy for you and others to easily visualize the value of a trade), easy to get, and worst case scenario...you have a bunch of copper.

Copper is one of, if not THE, most useful metal on earth. copper is never useless, and somebody will always be buying it. so even outside it's clear advantages as a currency, it can still be a good idea to buy large quantities of it.
Seriously, go buy copper coins. you can pick up 100 1 oz copper rounds off ebay for like under 40 bucks if you luck out in an auction. Stock up now while it's dirt cheap, and before people start figuring out that they're a way better safety currency then gold or silver is.

TL'DR: Gold and Silver are good for storing your wealth in case of economic collapse.

Copper is what you're gonna want for your day to day trading needs. leave your gold and silver safely at home, and take a roll of copper coins with you.

>tfw you will never carry a fat, satisfying sack of copper around everywhere you go
>tfw your currency will never have real value
I'd rather trade fucking beaver pelts than use this fake fiat currency shit.

Copper bars and coins are stupid expensive compared to spot price though.

Copper is an industrial metal, so you're basically just speculating.

Nothing wrong with accumulating a pile of scrap copper in your shed or whatever, though. That can fetch a nice price, but not exactly anything you're going to retire on.

yes, but only because the spot price is stupidly cheap.

Again, I'm not telling you to invest all your cash into copper. I'm just saying that if you're storing up gold and silver for a SHTF scenario, then you should also be buying at least some copper(rounds would be prefered) in order to use for day to day trading needs.

Same way you don't wanna walk around with nothing but $100 bills in your wallet, copper is just much more sensible to carry around with you for basic need trading then gold or silver.

As I said, gold and silver are still easily the preference or actuall investing and storing wealth.

Copper isn't for saving or storing your wealth. it's for spending. it's to be used as your walking around money so you don't need to take your more precious metals out of the safety of your home.

Buy a bunch of copper rounds(only about a dollar each) and just keep them handy. it's a small investment, but could prove very useful.

actually think about a SHTF scenario.

how easy is it gonna be to trade your gold and silver for their actual value? what if you just need some food for a couple of days? you gonna give them a 1000 dollar gold coin for it?

Gold is the large denomination, Silver is the medium, and Copper is the small. there is a good reason why the older societies did it this way.

The true currency of kings is salt. Seasoning, preserving your food, medicinal uses, and difficult to get after the end.

Already got some fammer, but mainly for shits and giggles. It certainly is an effective way to weigh down your gun safe it's not already full of lead and other things you can't afford to fill it with.

It would be pretty sweet to have some copper coinage retake the realm, though.

Do you mean actual lead or bullets?

Bullets.

I do actually have some plain old lead, though, oddly enough.

Don't be too surprised if you see the price of copper skyrocket in the next 10 years.

Copper is used in almost every industrial and technological endeavor you can think of.

as more and more of the world modernizes, copper will become rarer and rarer. China plans to start modernizing half a billion people in the next decade. that's a LOT of copper.
New copper mines and claims are getting fewer and further between. Sure, copper may be far more plentiful then gold or silver, but that doesn't make it infinite.

if the demand becomes great enough, it WILL start to lean heavily on the supply, and the price will shoot upwards as a result.

If you're young and you're gonna be around for another 10-20 years and still be active, investing in copper futures may not be the worst idea

You do realize you can buy gold by the gram right?

I'm a particular fan of 90% "junk" silver, i.e. quarters, halfs, and dimes before they stopped making them with silver. They're plentiful, easily recognized, and the price is good. I can see such a thing being pretty good for barter.

Not to take away from copperfag's thread. I think is points are sound, even though I wouldn't put copper at the top of my list. Futures is how I would do it for the most part considering the expense of shipping it around.

I carry a lot of copper in jacketed bullet form.

>not wanting to have a fat tube of beautiful pre war American gold coins

The fuck. Copper is pretty worthless. You need at least an oz of silver to pay for anything relevant, like a bag of groceries.

OP post more cool copper coins

JMBullion deserves to get their money's worth. How many grams to they pay you per post?

Also, Coin thread!

I once bartered with a $20 silver eagle and got $20 worth of oil and $10 bill that I used to buy food later on. Punjab gas station owners will take gold or silver in trade.

$20 worth of gasoline, not oil.

Daily reminder:

Historically speaking, 1 ounce of silver is equal to a day's wage for a skilled worker, be it during the Roman empire, Medieval times, the Renaissance, the Industrial Revolution, or today.

This is the historic value of one silver coin throughout history, but because of (((speculators))) that allow buying *paper* gold/silver certificates, the value is artificially lowered and controlled by (((bankers))) so they can profit on deceiving people and then easily horde the actual physical gold/silver when it all goes tits up.

Copper is only worth getting if you buy it by the ton and intend to create your own personal coinage out of it.

If you're actually buying it from a precious metals place and paying .99$ for 1 ounce of copper you are getting ripped off hard core.

1 ton of copper will cost you ~5.5k with shipping costs.

I don't exactly have the calculation valuation for copper, but if you know the base value of silver ( one day's wage ) and the general idea throughout most of history was gold was valued at I think 10-20 times the value of silver you can begin to get an idea of the actual worth of 1 coin of gold vs 1 coin of silver.

And if you want to go down that same logic, 100-200 copper coins is equivalent to the value of 1 silver coin.

So if we agree that 1 silver coin is equivalent to one day's wage, then we can begin to do simple math to figure out a rough idea of $$.

If base median wage in a country is like 55k, and that is working 40 hours a week, and there are 52 weeks in a year, then we can say that the average weekly wage is $1,057.69

so then we assume 5 day work week comes out to $211.53 as a daily wage to come to that average weekly sum

So 1 ounce of silver is equal to a day's wage which is equal to roughly $211.53

So then if we use 20 multiplier for Gold price then value of 1 ounce of gold is $4230.76

And then if we use that similar 200 divider for Copper price then the value of 1 ounce of copper is $1.05

the reason why I am saying you are getting ripped off buying it for .99 from precious metal shops/online retailers is they are selling it to you at post-fiat currency pricing when they make a huge fiat profit margin because they are buying it at fiat currency pricing, which has it extremely cheap, like $4.4K per ton before shipping costs, they can make a lot of coins out of 1 ton of pure copper.

>he doesnt pour his own trump silver bars

>Hi, my name is Retard and I """invest""" in precious metals

do you get your financial planning strategy from tv commercials

lel did you cast that yourself?

nice
some day i hope to be paid for my wall guarding service in these some day when america is great again