Top ten [10] thread

Post your top tens, rate, recommend, all that jazz

you're young, and new to music.

I feel that you'd appreciate bob dylan. but only one or two albums. you'll find them hard to get into at first but they will become top 10 material. maybe try 'bringing it all back home'.

i may as well play too.

wats album bottom right?

Brand New - The Devil and God Are Raging Inside Me

One of the best albums of the last 15 years, not even kidding you.

I was going to take your opinion seriously, but then I saw that you have Merryweather Post in your top ten.

I only recently started getting properly into music and it shows

I've been downloading a new album every day for my morning commute for maybe 2 months now, having a blast so far

this post made me happy

what do you mean?

My bf left me

I was doing that too, I eventually slowed down a bit

I'm glad :)

Of Montreal- Cherry Peel
Avenged Sevenfold- Waking The Fallen
Kate Bush- Hounds Of Love
Unwound- Fake Train
Daughters- Daughters
Converge- Jane Doe
Brian Eno- Another Green World
Beatles- Revolver
Marvin Gaye- What’s Going On
Ought- More Than Any Other Day

Brand New- The Devils And Gods are raging inside me

Jeff has on of the strongest dicogs in pop and worry is his decline imo. You'd probably enjoy a lot of his music if you listen chronologically

Diversify your decades and genres

Forgot pic

>he posts topsters charts without showing album titles

I don't post titles, because all my favorites are really popular/common. That's just me though, I wish people with unique taste did post titles

So why is graduation your favorite kanye album? While the first half is pretty strong, once Barry Bonds and Drunk and hot Girls hits the album starts to fall apart imo. I also think its much less emotionally compelling than the majority of his other albums. The only people I know that prefer Graduation over everything else have some sort of nostalgia based emotional connection to it.

To be honest with you my experience with Kanye's discography is fairly limited. I've listened to everything before it but not much after it, MBDTF is great too.
>The only people I know that prefer Graduation over everything else have some sort of nostalgia based emotional connection to it.
This probably. I've been hearing it for a decade now so it's just ingrained into me

you seem like a fairly normal and chill alt guy, would hang and maybe edit youtube skits with you
are you a communist or something? did you listen to MPP around when you were graduating highschool? I dunno, I like your taste
start diving into older music - check out the velvet underground, rolling stones, bob dylan, even if you aren't a huge fan they'll expand your critical vocabulary and historical perspective of music (it's more fun than it sounds desu)
cool taste, what are the names of the 2nd from left and 2nd from right albums on the top? I wanna check those out
very urban taste, gritty and schizoid, i feel like scaruffi would say you are a "metaphysical" kind of guy

My personal favorite is 808s and Heartbreak, its just by far his most emotive album. When I judge the quality of a work of music, emotion and originality are pretty much the two most important factors. This is also why Runaway is my favorite yeezy song
>Never was much of a romantic... I could never take the intimacy. But I know it did damage, cuz the look in your eyes is killing me.
reads much more like a diary entry than something that you would share with millions of people.

I'll give it listen right now user, thank you

Thanks, really like yours. I'll have to check out the 2 bottom left ones, haven't heard. tmbg are pretty silly so I'm not sure how you'll like it.

City of Caterpillar - City of Caterpillar
They Might Be Giants - Lincoln

Here's my top ten. Diverse if I do say so.

so many glow pt. 2 faggots itt
I've only listened to Xiu Xiu, Swans, AnCo, could you rec me one of your other tops?

Holy shit i'm hyped for you. Context makes this album fantastic btw. He made it right after Graduation, when he was on top of the world, but then his fiance dumped him and his mother, who he loved a lot, (see Hey Mama) during a surgery that Kanye paid for. So hes dealing with the fact that he killed his mom and hes by himself and none of the paparazzi will leave him alone, this is the album where he realized that everything he worked for his entire life is worthless and he doesn't want to be famous anymore. The best track that demonstrates it is the final track where hes doing a freestyle and saying things like "do you think i sacrificed a real life, for all the fame, and flashing lights?" and "get my mind out of this hell" in front of his supposed "fans". He is spilling his heart out to them but as the song goes on you realize that they are not even paying attention to him, and they only cheer when he says a brand name or makes a reference to one of his hits.

Tiger trap - tiger trap
Kim Jung Mi - Now

You're 19
Earth and Pillars - Earth 1
Very down to earth
Faust - S/T

you really should listen to Kanye's discography in order chronologically. It's really fun to hear is sound evolve into what it is today.

You're very emotionally vulnerable
Tends to get stuck in a bad mood
Wants to experiment with drugs but doesn't know where to find them

>Wants to experiment with drugs but doesn't know where to find them
nibba it's 2017, yo mamma got a plug

can't count
too depressed to go through the effort to get drugs

>are you a communist or something? did you listen to MPP around when you were graduating highschool? I dunno, I like your taste
i was just very honest with the things i listen to most.
mpp is there because there is no better summer record. and also it is one of my favourite records of all time. is all.
>I've only listened to Xiu Xiu, Swans, AnCo, could you rec me one of your other tops?
try tim hecker. harmony in ultraviolet is fairly accessible in terms of the immediate sound, then grows and grows until you only ever play it full blast in one sitting cover to cover and fully appreciate the atmosphere.
if only i was 19.
add 10.

also i can't say we would be friends even slightly given your list.

Songs: Ohia - Magnolia Electric Co.
Russian Circles - Empros
The Radio Dept. - Clinging to a Scheme
Candy Claws - Ceres & Calypso in the Deep Time
16 Horsepower - Sackcloth n' Ashes
I recommend you watch the livestream of AnCo performing Sung Tongs in full tonight

better?

The singer is a rapist though

>Tim Hecker
thanks, I'm listening to it right now

Damn Pinocchio Story was fucking great, you weren't flying

Nice taste user, would post mine but I can't seem to find chartmaking sites that work on mobile