Is Liga MX the best league outside of Europe?

Let's find out.

-MLS and Chinese SuperLeague are still meme leagues
-Argentine and Brazilian league may have a higher quality of play but are in financial disarray

Is Liga MX the best league outside of Europe?

No.

t. Mexican intellectual

Depends on what you call best. In terms of quality, sure Brazil and Argentina are nice, but in terms of excitement, Mexico and Argentina are gods. No game in Brazil is like Boca x River, and our supporters aren't as vivid as Mexico's. I used to watch a lot of Liga MX when ESPN broadcasted it here.

Explain your reasoning.

And by the way, I'm not saying that Liga MX is anywhere near the level of top European leagues. I would argue it's as follows:

-EPL
-La Liga
-Bundesliga
-Eredevise
-Serie A
-Primeira Liga (Portugal)
-League 1
-Belgian League

And then maybe you can throw Liga MX in there.

If your are a third worlders in the norther hemisphere and are not good enough to jump to Europe in one jump. Then liga mx is a stepping stone if you want to play in Europe.

Tournament form is fucked and need to be reworked. (Apertura / Clausura)

Rates only should be rated for the quality of their football.
Argentinian and Brazilian leagues are better CHI

Its WWE tier

De que habla-ummm, what are you talking about, wey-ummm, I man uhm, dude?

My name is Jua-, umm, Johnny. Totally a white guy bro.

CHI's ruined mexican football

I still like it though.

MLS is unironically better at this point

I think the EPL best outside Europe

10/10

MLS is a meem tier retirement home.

I dont think so bud.

Pinche Culero.

Then why they can't win Concachampions?

RIP americans forever

To be fair, Pachuca were barely able to beat FC Dallas with a last minute goal. They didn't exactly dominate the match.

>20 years from now Beckham Jr, Ronaldo Jr, and Messi Jr will all be playing for the USMNT

The MLS is playing 5D outer space monopoly

MLS hasn't been a retirement for at least 5 years. Keep spewing your talking points though.

>who is pirlo
>who is villa
>who is half of la galaxy starting eleven

Not him, but I would still rate the Argentine Primera higher than our league. They've got better players. Their fans are shit, though, but at least stadiums are full all the time and it's always fun to hear the chants and see all the flags and banners. Hooligans/chimp-outs in Mexico are less common than in Argentina, so that's our one point in favor. They do happen, but maybe not as often.

Also, you've got to fix that list. There's no way the Eredivisie is better than Serie A. They're EFL Championship-tier these days.

And Pachuca didn't even made the Liguilla that season, so they were a below average team.

But let's say that you are right and >we were just lucky that time. What about the other four teams? What about 2016? What about 2015? What about 2014? What about 2013? What about every year? If you can't even win one of those, even with luck or something, there's no way of saying that MLS is better.

There's like 30 teams and you named two old players who happen to play in the league. That doesn't make it a retirement league

I'm not saying MLS is better because it isn't. Maybe in 10 years or so, but definitely not now.

Now and never

That's some delusion you have there. The only real question is how long until MLS is a top 5 league in the world.

How do I know this is baiting? No one can be this delusional.

I don't know Brasileiro. The US has a massive market. Even if MLS reaches the popularity of say, Major League Baseball, that would be a ton of wealth that MLS could tap into.

MLS wouldn't be a top 5 league, but they would eclipse any non-European league.

It's hardly delusional when you consider the enormous size of the American sports market. MLS has barely been around for 20 years and was in financial disarray until Beckham came over so it's only been growing for 10 years. In 10 years time, we've managed to improve substantially. Imagine what it will be like in another 10, 20 or even 50 years.

The Hyundai A-League is the GOAT non European league

Olympic tier athleticism meets Aussie shitposters

There's so much wrong with your list I don't even know where to begin.

The portuguese and eredevise are shit both are below the brazilian and arguably even the Mexican league in terms of quality. Don't overrate them. It's delusional to even consider eredevise as better than Serie A.

Are you crazy

This whole thread is stupid. You are talking about leagues you don't even watch, and who the fuck cares about belgian and dutch football anyway?
Everyone is so eager to rate the spanish league but no one is willing to watch Getafe x Hercules on a sunday afternoon because even suicide is way more fun, but because of Real/Atleti/Barça, everyone is happy to talk about La Liga.

>Portuguese poster has unironically convinced some people that their league isn't shit

Wew

Not sure, but the league's pretty shitty.
> two short seasons
>playoffs
Not to mention:
> multiple ownership
> networks fucking up everything

It has parity, that's all.

I find it funny how people hate apertura/clausura when some of us want it because it's more fair to qualify for Libertadores and such stuff. We wouldn't have a Liguilla but half season awarding a trophy and rewarding a good first season would be great.

There's is literally nothing wrong with playoffs.

>networks fucking up everything
How?

Kinda pointless when you don't have a group stage or any sort of division.

Playoffs are great in many sports, not so much here.

The best league for just 1 reason...

Outside of Europe
>Brazil Serie A
>Argentine Primera Division
>Mexico Liga MX
In that order closely followed by Colombia/Uruguay/Chile's leagues

You forget something sweety?

La Liga
EPL
Bundesliga
Serie A
Primeira Liga
Ligue 1
Brazil
Argentina
Liga MX
Erevidisie (or whoever the fuck its spelled)
Turk league
Championship

>Primeira Liga is a top 5 league

kek No.
Why do people keep falling for Portuguese memes? Let me fix that list.

La Liga
EPL
Bundesliga
Serie A
Ligue 1
Brazil
Argentina
Liga MX
Eredevise
Primeira Liga
Turk league
Championship

Shit commentators, fuck Martinoli too. I understand the appeal, but they are just so fucking dumb.

La Liga
Bundesliga
EPL
Serie A
Ligue 1
Brazil
Liga Nos
Eredivisie
Russian League
Argentina
Belgian League
Turk League
Championship
Liga MX
MLS

Not so much right now, as there are more options. But they had too much influence on the league and were unfair to some owners (reason why some teams jumped out as soon as other options were available).

I think last season they allowed Televisa to air an America match during a FIFA Calendar.

Someone redpill me on Carlos Pena and Eduardo Herrera.

That's far to ruinning the league
Meh players tbqhwy. Peña was apparently good at León and declined when he went to Chivas, so he's probably a system baby.

It is when they overhype shit players. You have 2 kinds of commentators/analysts here: the ones who overhype meme players, and the ones who shit on absolutely everything Mexican just because it isn't European football, no middle ground. Meanwhile, managers just throw away money to whatever bullshit meme player / coach they find, because they don't care about the sport but about making money, sometimes through outright fraud, and they are not even smart about it so they don't develop their own players / invest smartly: end result, mediocre people who shouldn't be playing end up representing entire teams while hidden talent goes to waste. And instead of discussing any of that, we are stuck with delusional journalists arguing dumb shit. Networks also often participate in the above, as they own entire teams.

/ligamx/ when?

We tried it here and it was shit, it made the league a joke (i know it already is, but it made it much, much worse).

Herrera is a number 9, very limited technically in many ways but he can play as a post. He sometimes looks abismal but can also assist and score goals, with confidence he could be a good player.

Peña could be one of the best players in the SPL if he gets back on form but he hasn't really been good in at least three years.

how is the j league still so shit?

Herrera is a very limited, old-school target man. If Rangers like to cross the ball into the box or build from a hold-up play from the striker, then he might prove useful, but he's never going to set the world alight. Oh, and he's under the impression that he can take PKs when he most definitely cannot.

Peña is a meme "creative" midfielder with no real position. When he's in his groove he can occasionally score blooters or cause trouble by taking on a defender or two, but when he's out of it he becomes a corpse by the roadside. He also tends to drink too much and get fat.

Televisa has the GOAT commentators in Pepe Segarra, Burak and De Valdes but they don't want to be near divegrass. Good thing, tho, WS with Pepe Segarra is maximum comfy.

No

it's absolute cancer for young good players and their development.
if a promising mexican player spends more than a few years there you can guarantee they'll never live up to their potential.
more competitive and fun to watch than other leagues outside europe though.
mls has too many amateurs and i don't really care enough about south american leagues.

This is a little more accuratte.

celta, villareal, sevilla, leganes, ath bilbao, real sociedad matches are pretty comfy

No, they aren't

>ajaxwinsdevise above serie A

kek. guaranteed replies.

List of current MLS Stars

>pirlo
>fat frank lampard
>david villa
>kaka
>ashley cole
>drogba

Celta came here last year and ate it 2-0, european teams are overrated as fuck, they have money but they play jack shit.

The only reason le liga is popular is because of the top-4 clubs that are legit good, the rest is simply not. The same applies to EPL and any other european league, even shit clubs like Hull city have more budget than pretty much everyone in south america but play 10 times worse.

solid list