What the FUCK is his problem?

What the FUCK is his problem?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=BkAOprx8wus
youtube.com/watch?v=4IzHxftS8MI
breitbart.com/tech/2015/12/21/scientists-who-are-actually-really-stupid-1-neil-degrasse-tyson/
adsabs.harvard.edu/abs/1992PhDT.........1T
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>DUDE BLACK SCIENTIST LMAO

The guy isn't even that smart, there are plenty of smarter African Americans so why does he get all the spotlight

he is an acceptable level of smartness, but he also has charisma, people like him

>Sagan was the nicest, most positive guy you could ever meet
>Black Scientist man is cynical and passive aggressive

Sad

>Black Scientist man is cynical and passive aggressive
He literally is not this at all...

he is a ball room dancer

>The guy isn't even that smart
Do retarded children actually believe this?

>he doesn't know

No, I think it is that you are insecure and really shit at understanding and reading emotions...more than me not knowing whatever autistic thing you think I don't.

>he is an acceptable level of smartness
Why does this board get so insecure about how smart he is? Like fuck, calm down.

Theists intimidated by him and his beliefs.
Being labeled an Atheist by often unpleasant and "neurodiverse" people.
Scared white people who voice their fear and mistrust of a black man with agency on the internet trough various conscious and sub-conscious means (though these probably don't register highly on his radar).
The shadow of Carl Sagan.

he's a dumb babboon who thinks he's as smart as whites

New Cosmos was fucking terrible, why did Seth MacFarlane have to voice characters in shitty animations?

He was the driving force to get the series made and produced it. Either, his own ego wouldn't leave it at that or someone working on it with him urged him to do it.

But he isn't, he took the cheap way to get his PhD. Compared to the other candidates taking specific and better astrophysics graduate programs, nigger scientist is preschool tier.

There are more marijuana then there is THC in the world.

t. black science man

*tips*
My uncle, who's an actual astrophysicist, makes fun of this nigger. A lot

One of my physics lecturers is a tiny Chinese man who loathes and usually ends up shit talking him for 10 minutes any time some idiot brings him up.

>My uncle, who's an actual astrophysicist
Sure, bud
>makes fun of this nigger
There it is...there is the reason.

Lol, your uncle must be a bitter cuckling to be that intimidated by black scientist man.

Why are you so obsessed with cuckolding

I'm Chinese idiot. Don't even live in Clapistan

>all these assumptions
>all that preemptive butthurt
Why are you being defensive user? Nobody said anything yet.

Meme scientist.

Allright you autistic faggots, since no one is going to go out and say why no one likes Neil here are some big reasons.

'Smugness/egotistical', yes he is a smart man with a deep and smooth tone of voice but with his comments on any social media he likes to snake himself into he will drop what ever unessary bit of information at any given time to show off 'how superior he is'.

Wont lie, alot of fuckin' people do this shit but how to do it right is just go 'did you know ducks got this extendible re-growable penis they use in mating?' as an example, fucking disgusting but its more of a random first post.

What Neil would do is this:
you: hah thats a whole lot of space, I bet there are ridley aliens and shit.
Neil: ACTUALY the chances of you ever living to the age of humanity having spacetravel would be etc etc etc etc..

He is the fucking equivlant of 'that know-it-all asshole that tells you 'thats not a birtch tree, that is a sycamore witch usualy grows for x years in x country for about so and so months of the year..' and go on and fucking on.

He comes off as fucking god damn SMUG, I dont care who the fuck you are but smug in any context is fucking painful.

any good stories?

God you people are seriously retarded. Don't you think he has the right to be smug? Out of all the people in the world who think they're superior, I think the only ones that truly deserve to be is scientists.

You're right, it comes across as douchey, but when you're that smart and people around you are that retarded, I would be an asshole too

remember that time when carl sagan called him a nigger and spit on his face before singing the affirmative action paper so he can go to school for free?

I ain't really. I was just giving a response fitting le fedora meme.

I'm so, so sorry. I don't live in Clapistan either, but I wouldn't want to live in China, or be an idiot for that matter.

Actual non autistic normie here

He really does come off as smug sometimes, probably not intentional but does sound a bit full of himself

Whereas Sagan was just a really nice guy

as you can see by this post, some people are intimidated by fun facts and the smart people who spout them. it is why nerds are so commonly unpopular.

by simply existing, nerds force others to cope with being inferior in some way, and as a coping mechanism, people convince themselves that "that guys really just a smug know it all asshole, he's not better than me!"

I love space and he is a great advocate for humans finding our place among the stars. Is he a brilliant scientist? No. He's an educator. He makes it fun for everyone. He takes things that other minds discovered and runs it through his own personality filter so that it's palatable for all.
The only time I ever really disliked him was when he said that black people aren't genetically deficient, they just weren't given equal opportunity to go as far as they can go. But that's understandable. He's an anomally, not just for blacks, but for humans in general. They should put him in charge of nasa or something.

He wouldn't exist if Obama wasn't president.

>some people are intimidated by fun facts and the smart people who spout them. it is why nerds are so commonly unpopular.
Well I wouldn't entirely say this is true. In high school, I would always get called a genius (of course, I'm not) just because I was really good at math and stuff. Math was my favorite subject, but I was good in all the other subjects, too, and people knew that. Everybody was nice to me. I don't think people hate smart people, it's just that you have to be humble and not think you're superior than everyone else.

all these motherfucking retards in motherfucking america

>"We need Batman V Superman to feel like it is taking place in the real world... I know just the guy!"

except Sagan was a prick, a shit husband, and even worse father.

you're clearly not a genius because then you would know what anecdotal evidence is.

Linda Salzman, is that you?

Yeah, no. What he did for science, for helping people understand, wanting to understand more, get excited, educate them etc is fantastic.

those two are smarter than him

sooo wee! ain't that a hoot!

With all the talk about him I would have expected him to have proved Unified Field Theory or something equally important.

He's barely even cited in his own field!

i only have a slight dislike of tyson for 2 reasons

a) he has barely done any actual astrophysics research beyond what it took to get his phd. he was made the PR rep of "science" too quickly and seems to be 100% devoted to that instead of research.

b) he can occasionally get too political and biased about some things but every man has a right to an opinion, this is relatively minor

other than that i feel like he's OK. all the anecdotes you hear about him being an asshole in person seem like just that, hearsay.

Sagan was also actually way more accomplished.

>he took the cheap way to get his PhD

A full ride academic scholarship at Harvard, followed by a masters degree from University of Texas before finishing his dissertation at Columbia? Where did you get your astrophysics doctorate, user?

and postdoc at Princeton

b-but these fine Whites are smarter

We wuz television scientists and shit

wow and look at all the stellar research it produced, he surely has brought new point of views to the field of astrophysics

>oh wait no he fucking hasn't

Well he was white, if that's what you mean.

They were pretty equally qualified. PhD Astronomers. Published scientists. Lecturers. Authors of popular science books. Sagan was a little more professorial while Tyson was a bit more administrative, but that's splitting hairs.

Why? He's a popular science advocate, not a Nobel laureate.

Oh cmon Sup Forums don't bully Neil, he is /ourguy/

>being this salty over tyson

calm yourself, the people at the forefront of astrophysics likely have neither the time nor the inclination to be a popular science advocate

sagan himself filled a mostly managerial role for the NASA stuff and put his name to it after

He's Reddit level cynical that is light and fluffy but considers himself a dark edgelord.

>tfw he triggers Christcucks
pretty based desu
youtube.com/watch?v=BkAOprx8wus
youtube.com/watch?v=4IzHxftS8MI

>lying about his relationship with white scientist man

White scientist man did a better job of hosting Cosmos too

He's a fucking pop scientist that hasn't done shit and isn't respected at all by the scientific community. Scientists deserve respect but I wouldn't classify black science guy as one.

>Thinking you can fill the void of someone like Carl Sagan.
It's like trying to beat the first Toy Story.

He got a Arts& Science degree with a major in Physics, instead of going into a dedicated science program.
He got a basic Arts Masters with a major in astronomy instead of doing it the right way, using the masters as a bridge into PhD. candidacy.
He then went on to get another general PhD. because his previous qualifications stopped him from getting into proper research.

He is a nobody with a big mouth.
breitbart.com/tech/2015/12/21/scientists-who-are-actually-really-stupid-1-neil-degrasse-tyson/

This board think "cuck" the second a white and black person are photograph or mentioned next to one another, of course they're insecure about it

>breitbart

>Sagan once invited Neil when he was 12 years old to his house
Did they fugg?

>breitbart
damn you had me but then you had to throw all of your credibility out of the window

>breitbart

Chinks hate blacks. No surprise there.

>scientists-who-are-actually-really-stupid according to breitbart

so all of them?

>Chinese "scientists"
Enjoy your plagiarism, fraud, and plagiarized fraud

DUDE ATOMS AND GALAXIES LMAO

>Chad, the star of the football team who bamgs all the chicks doesnt make anyone feel inferior so everyone likes him
>everyones jealous of Melvin

I can see by your post that you think people find autism funny or enjoyable irl

protip: they dont

He makes astronomy fun for the plebs. Space and space exploration for everyone.

The "science PR ambassador" position can only be transferred directly via semen.

>breitbart.com/tech/2015/12/21/scientists-who-are-actually-really-stupid-1-neil-degrasse-tyson/
This is one of the worst articles I've ever read. It's pretty much nothing but negative accusations, then every link to other sources to back them up says the opposite. For example:
Breitbart
>Even when he was making a go of being a proper academic, Tyson didn’t exactly have the most glittering record. He didn’t get the PhD he was studying for at the University of Texas and had to go elsewhere for his qualification. Obviously, rather than take responsibility for his academic performance, Tyson has blamed racism.
actual source they used
>At the same time, Tyson says that racism, while an everyday reality, didn’t play a major role in his leaving the University.
>“With or without skin color, I wasn’t the model student,” he adds. “There was simply no room for me to be the full person that I was. If race was at play in all this, it was only at the edges of the experience.”

He then bitches about Tyson talking too much about race, then not enough about race. Then he bitches about Tyson focusing too much on gun violence, then goes on a screed about science without ethics producing new weapons.

I legitimately have no idea how anyone could write such crap
>milo yiannipolous
oh that explains it. Makes this criticism a bit hypocritical though
>Observers are left to conclude that Tyson is an attention-seeking media troll who courts adoration from bloggers, students and hipsters while picking off low-hanging fruit and mocking people he doesn’t like

He received an AB in Physics from Harvard. There are only minor differences between a AB and a BS at Harvard, it's an arbitrary thing that universities do when they decide to name their courses that have many different concentrations. He took the same classes that many other physics major took during his time there.

Your second point only contains a kernel of truth, he WAS using his Master's program as bridge to his PhD while at UoT but upon receiving his Master's (in astrophysics, not a "basic arts masters" whatever that means) his doctorate committee was dissolved because according to both HIMSELF and his teachers at the time he didn't spend enough time in the lab. He also met his wife there and did too many extracurricular stuff like wrestling and dance.

Third point is completely false, he received his PhD from Columbia in astrophysics, his dissertation is right fucking here adsabs.harvard.edu/abs/1992PhDT.........1T

Seriously consider suicide if Tyson rustles you this much.

>breitbart

>Breitbart
I'M NOT EVEN PARTICIPATING IN THIS THREAD AND I CAME TO LAUGH AT YOU

samefag

>Breitbart

>Tyson was a bit more administrative

What the Fuck does that even mean!?

samefag

It's more important to motivate a new generation of scientists than it is to publish a scientific article based mostly on semantics

>black guy who is very intelligent has the charisma and social skills to make science interesting to the masses

>white people in the sciences who don't have charisma or social skills hate him!

Maybe if you STEM boys got laid a little more, was more involved when you were in school, you too would be cool science man.

[citation needed]

Smartest black man coming through

>it's another Sup Forums invaded Sup Forums thread
man this site i sgetting worse by the day

What did he mean by this?

haven't you heard, he's shit now ever since Sup Forums found out he didn't like Trump

All I know is my normie faggot friends love watching this nigga wax lyrical about space and galaxies and shiieeet.

Since I don't watch normie programming, I have never seen this shit. I assure myself it's stupid normie tier shit tho.

He was none of these things you child

>hes actually rebbit
Do you think these opinions arent laughable? Do you walk around with this shit in your head and think you are smart?

I feel like someone pushed him to do it. He's a guy that can draw and voice, sure, but I feel like he knows when it's appropriate to bring those talents to the table and when to go without them

mate, Sup Forums these days is identity politics central
Sup Forums vs. reddit is the grand daddy of them all so of courses it's all it takes to convince someone who only sees things as us vs. them

Most intellects of the globe don't like Trump.

Really makes my neurons fire as to why.

entry level scientist who hasn't done anything relevant or important for the field
he's just a character for tv with his shitty pop science

I like how the faggot who posted the link has no rebuttal. Typical Sup Forums lmao.

Please give it a rest, we get it. You are assblasted and intimidated by people smarter than you.

It's because they're beta wimps who are jealous of his unbridled virility and giant throbbing manhood.

He is smug in the face of people being retarded. This country coddles ignorance like its a fucking job. We need people to be forward, especially in a country of people who believe the earth could be flat or evolution is a liberal conspiracy.

He voted for Trump