Keep in mind that Mads' character literally just killed a guy like 20 seconds earlier

Keep in mind that Mads' character literally just killed a guy like 20 seconds earlier.

my theater started shouting out their reddit usernames when this scene happened

thats like, kwl

lmao

No, he kills the guy right after this line.

Holy shit

ok. thanks for reminding me, OP.

strange :)

what release is this, it looks serviceable
>inb4 yify

He stole that joke from Endeavor.

Nice one

kek

> literally just killed a guy like 20 seconds earlier.
And?

Lol

I can't believe they ruined such an important and beloved character's story with jokes. Fucking Marvel they just don't take all this important classic literature seriously enough

Same

Disney is afraid to alienate their demographic which is weird because tdk and raimi Spider-Man films barely had quips and made a shit ton of money and got good reviews

these movies make a shit ton of money and get review as is

theres no need for disney to change its formula

include me in the screenshot pls

i don't get it. what was so great about this post?

I hate marvel quips because the timing is so awkward

in older action movies people freak out when something bad happens and then tell a joke once the danger has passed, like normal people would do

>his theater didnt upvote the movie during this scene

lol faggot

Because people on Reddit didn't vote or Donald Trump and they don't have good memes

I just watched this and I spent the entire movie repeating the words "This is reddit, this is memes, this is reddit, this is memes..." under my breath.

I fucking hated it. I was writhing around on the floor in front of my sofa for the last 30 minutes it was so painful.

Quips put asses in seats. New Star Wars has this too, people cant shut the fuck up with banter even when its completely inappropriate to the situation. I blame Aaron Sorkin tbqh, all his shit is like this with constant repartee and its popularity made people think that style of dialogue was a license to print money even in contexts where it made no fucking sense at all.

God. Damnit.

I was really hoping that it would be different. I mean, they're supposedly setting up for Infinity Wars after all, and its ANOTHER origin story, and they've had a LOT of criticism for using formulas.

So do they take any risks or changes of tone?

Nope. Fuck Disney.

wtf I hate jokes now

man I just watched Deadpool expecting him to be edgy with some anti PC jokes and he's just a white knighting r*dditor

Wut

I thought that joke was fine. I like jokes that come from very natural dialogue that's really only funny to the audience. Like when Superman says "is she with you?", it was obvious that he honestly wanted to know wtf was happening. It just happened to be funny. Same here, the interaction between them was genuine. It also showed how the villain wasn't really a villain, he was a guy who just happened to have conflicting ideology with the hero. We learn a lot in this exchange, the fact that the villain is open minded like a monk would be. He is also from a different culture, so he doesn't realize immediately, or ever, that Dr. Strange was correcting him. The humor is just a by product of their exchange, but it's not the sole purpose. It's maybe the primary purpose of the scene, admittedly, to break a little tension, but there is definitely secondary purposes for their exchange.

It also wasn't a fucking pop culture reference like the beyonce shit

>change nothing
>every character is tony stark now
>90+ on RT every time
Literally why would they do anything differently? Even a run of the mill action movie like the accountant looks like high art compared to marvel, yet only one of these made a jillion dollars

>every character is tony stark now
Haha. You said it my brother. I remember that time in the first (and second) Iron Man movies when Stark stops Stane from consuming the earth with the Capitalist Dimension using his wits to keep both of them in a never ending loop where he heroically allows the villain to kill him over and over until he yields. Great fucking scene, my dude.

What does that have to do with character you shallow piss baby

you can thank the influence of Joss "Make it dark, make it grim, make it tough, but then, for the love of God, tell a joke" Whedon for that

>hating marvel is bae now

>the deadpool pasta

nice to see someone watching movies isn't a retard.

Heh... good one, lad.

>being this new