I didn't catch this when it came out, and it's gonna be on HBO tomorrow. Should I watch it?

I didn't catch this when it came out, and it's gonna be on HBO tomorrow. Should I watch it?

Depends on your IQ

Did you like MoS?

Watch it purely just to get your own opinion on it, since everyone has one. I personally really enjoyed it, and the Batfleck sequences give the entire Nolan trilogy a run for its money

It's the shitty theatrical version so no

worth watching for the batman stuff desu

yes. it's what gave rise to the term 'capekino', after all.

>Watching this
>not being in an airplane

Why?

I ultimately dislike it, but I think it really is worth watching. It has moments of absolute visual brilliance, albeit very much leaning on Frank Miller.

The Huge Flaw is that Zach Snyder could not find a better way to get them to fight without turning them both into dumb meatheads, rather than the interesting, intelligent, dynamic heroes they are supposed to be.

this
Watch the Ultimate Cut bruh

How was it a dumb meathead brawl?

Supes is forced into killing against his will, and Batman thinks Supes should be killed.

..and if they are truly dynamic and intelligent, they find a way around it...

different guy, but i think the fight needed to be longer, and having Superman try to appeal to him a lot more
as it was he tried like twice and then just started hitting him
he should have kept refusing to fight until the kryptonite stuff, when he realizes he actually has no choice because batman is straight going to murder him

at least that's my pleb idea

this

this too

Only if it's the ultimate edition

To be fair, that's exactly what happened. He threw Batman onto the building in order to stop his shenanigans with traps and shit, and to further show to Batman how out of his league he was compared to Supes.

If you can think for yourself watch it, if not the UE is much more accommodatin for plebs. Although if you're too retarded like this guy who can't follow a build up that comes bit by bit, don't watch it.

Plus Supes was frustrated with Bats and terrified about his mother. It made sense IMO.

he was in a rush to save his mom. When he tried to talk, batman used that as an opportunity to launch attacks at him.

I'm "this guy" and I said watch it. Retard.

No.
Is not worth investing in this shitty universe

these company wars you think you're fighting are the most autistic shit imaginable

Skip it.

damn racist superhero movies

but bvs is good desu

It's because superman is forced to is what makes their disagreements and tension building up throughout the film meaningless

Well it's a real clash of heroes, their ideologies are what is at war, not necessarily them. To go back to the Jesus reference, Supes loses the battle but not the war as Jesus dies but saves humanity. Batman ends up joining Supes at the end, their battle isn't meaningless because its resolution showed a change. Batman actually loses in the movie, which lots of people don't seem to recognize. But he's a better person for it after the fact, which is why he says "I failed him in life, but I won't in death", which is another "he died for my sins" thing.

I mean Superman being forced to fight against his will is similar to Jesus being forced by his father and Pilot to be crucifed, it's loose but it's there. So I'm just trying to argue that their conflict isn't a mere coincidence or poor writing. It had a lot of setup and works.

Also, think of this, the fact that Superman was able to be coerced into fighting Batman makes Luthor seem like a genuine threat. There's a lot of different factors at play here, which is how conflict should be written. It isn't good vs evil

jesus christ why

3 hours of fucking nothing

This person has the right idea. The theatrical cut is a mockery of a movie. Ultimate Cut is where it's at. Nearly every single one of my complaints (most of them story and structure related) are fixed by the Ultimate Cut. It's startling how much can be fixed by an additional 35-30 min.

Did you like Watchmen?

If so then definitely watch BvS. It deals with some similar themes in a pretty interesting way. It's also very critical of modern 'journalism' and I think that's part of why it got such shit reviews.

It is a flawed masterpiece. And flawed masterpieces are always better than perfect mediocrity. Watch the Ultimate Cut. Why HBO went with the Theatrical Cut is beyond me. Absolutely retarded.

>implying movies should be ambitious
they should all be dull popcorn flicks I can digest without thinking twice

>scheduling your viewing around the tv aka fucking stoneage bullshit.

You can literally go to putlocker and watch it right now you cake boy.

>streaming anything

No. It's not even bad in a good way, it's just bad.

So download it. It's not rocket surgery.