How true is the "video game music is bad/isn't true music" meme?

How true is the "video game music is bad/isn't true music" meme?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ZIvv8jBvGJk
youtube.com/watch?v=Hj4FnVABiN8
youtube.com/watch?v=EjkGGMxyxiA
youtube.com/watch?v=WcHQGiz6b8g
youtube.com/watch?v=WwKsntbHhTU
youtube.com/watch?v=3V9zxXN1rx0
youtube.com/watch?v=JGw8DWctAts
youtube.com/watch?v=Jr4j2dwMg-8
youtube.com/watch?v=CAL4WMpBNs0
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

youtube.com/watch?v=ZIvv8jBvGJk

I think the Hyper Light Drifter OST is pretty goat.

Only fat manchildren rate video game soundtracks.

objectively wrong, the complaints really have nothing to do with the music itself but the fact that it's associated with an insufferable fanbase

Come on, OP.

youtube.com/watch?v=Hj4FnVABiN8
youtube.com/watch?v=EjkGGMxyxiA
youtube.com/watch?v=WcHQGiz6b8g
youtube.com/watch?v=WwKsntbHhTU
youtube.com/watch?v=3V9zxXN1rx0

only idiots say that
this is goat youtube.com/watch?v=JGw8DWctAts

youtube.com/watch?v=Jr4j2dwMg-8

youtube.com/watch?v=CAL4WMpBNs0

It's not true, but if you're a no-taste-having neckbeard, and that lie would get you to leave your bubble and listen to better music if it was true, then maybe you should pretend that it is, for your own sake and the sake of your friends (lol)

background noise that doesnt make sense when you take it out of context

Honeycomb Herald best song

At least I think that’s what it’s called. The one that plays on the bee level I mean

Yes I know rating websites are full of manchildren

Most of the people's liking of this music comes from the pleasant experiences they had while playing and associating the sound with it.

Most of it was never intended to be good as a standalone pieces and therefore the only retards evaluating it as such are the gamers.

That said tho, as with all music, there are exceptions (Silent Hill's dark ambient OST and Fez's soundtrack spring to mind).

Also, there's literally no situation where saying X music is "not real music" doesn't come off as pretentious and stupid.

>babby's first good vidya sountrack

I'm glad you found out video games can have good music OP.

Fpbp I never see anyone give that OST props

Faggo. Its floral fury

Music is music regardless of the context that it's presented in. That being said, most people who listen to a lot of videogame music are absolute plebs. I legitimately met someone when I was in highschool who was ranting about how all rap music was shit, so I asked what he listens to, and, I shit you not, he said "I listen to dubstep remixes of legend of zelda music"

this
if someone only listens to vidya soundtracks they have issues, but there's nothing wrong with listening to it itself, nor as there anything inherently wrong with it.

a lot of songs in the Silent Hill games could stand on their own

>Chrono Cross
I love you.

Game soundtrack uses preexisting songs, so checkmate