What were they thinking?

What were they thinking?

Is this worse than the new Top Gear?

The first episode was like a mediocre episode of top gear even though they had amazing cars.

Today's episode was literally their most scripted episode they have ever done and I am not even sure what the fuck was the point of it. It wasn't funny. It wasn't interesting in any way. It's like they are trying way too hard or amazon has their fingers up their creative asses heavily.

I liked the main segment of the second episode. The fake celebrity appearances and the tosh.0 tier making jokes at random pictures are the real problem.

I'd rather watch Matt Leblanc eat a hot dinner for 40 minutes.

>tosh.0 tier making jokes at random pictures are the real problem.
They've always done this though

Come on, it's not that bad. The material's not the best, but those three have the best chemistry no matter what the situation. That will always make it better than nu top gear.

I'm not talking about conversation street, I'm taking about the beginning when the pictures they were looking at were totally random with no informational value. They didn't even have to do with cars.

>What were they thinking?
$$$

damn, Sup Forums likes the BBC version what a surprise for being the cuckold board of Sup Forums :^)

They're just grinding through unused TG script ideas.

The first episode was a pretty by-the-numbers super car shoot out that they had been wanting to do since before Clarkson chimped out over a steak. Not great, but not bad either.

This one was wasted potential, though. There's a lot of comedy potential in three old farts bumbling around a specops training mission, but turning it into a "lolreallifevidyagame" comedy skit made it pretty tedious halfway through. I know Top Gear was always scripted, but they're taking it too far.

The celebrity segment isn't funny.
The American racing driver isn't funny.
They're not really capitalizing on their roaming location other than being able to tailor the jokes to the studio audience that week.

It all just feels really halfhearted, not unlike the last few seasons of TG they did.

Top Gear enjoyed a bit of a dead cat bounce in its last few seasons before the fracas. The dogshit India special woke them up a bit and they went back to focusing on the 'three mates going on adventures' theme. Lots of challenges, races, wagering...that's what makes it fun.

e1 of Grand Tour had enough of what made TG great to give you hope, e2 was an unmitigated disaster. Even the Aston Martin review was dumb.

that spinning thing is retarded fucking africa

Celebrity Brain Crash is easily the worst thing they've ever done. What they should do is have a different automotive challenge that a celebrity has to best one of the presenters at. Like have Charlize Theron square off against Jeremy in a contest to parallel park a stretched hummer limo in downtown Jo-burg. Then the next week, different location, different star, different challenge.

They did a fucking military episode which had almost no car. Old Top Gear always had a car theme going in their military skits at it was bearable, TGT e02 only had a brief car scene for it and that's that.

Will e03 and e04 save it? They're going back to the UK so hopefully they can cock about.

>Episode 3: Opera, Arts and Donuts
>Location: Whitby, England, United Kingdom
>Friday 2nd December 2016 The Grand Tour travelling tent pitches up on the quayside in the English coastal town of Whitby from where Jeremy Clarkson, Richard Hammond and James May introduce a modern take on the traditional gentleman’s tour of Italy. With Jeremy in an Aston Martin DB11 and James in a Rolls-Royce Dawn, the pair are set for a leisurely trip of culture and fine dining until a noisy and unwelcome guest arrives.

>Episode 4: Enviro-mental
>Location: Whitby, England, United Kingdom….again
>The Grand Tour studio tent is back in Whitby, England for various complicated reasons, some of which are James’s fault. In this show, Jeremy Clarkson tests the Porsche 911 GT3 RS, desperately trying to remain impartial despite knowing that Richard Hammond owns one, and then compares it to the track-focused BMW M4 GTS. Also in this episode, the hosts become unusually ecological as they attempt to create cars made of truly sustainable materials before taking part in what’s billed as a green motorsport event.

this, the only time celebs were good on ole top gear is when they got into weird situations. either somewhere in like london. or during a challenge.

These both seem pretty good, particularly e4

Watching it now. The news section is wayyyy too long.

New stig kinda sucks

Member when Top Gear was good?

I think only britbongs don't like the grand tour because it no longer caters to them like it used to. People who never cared for the britbong references don't give any fucks

This.

He's a good driver, but the schtick is flat.

Bring back Ben Collins as Ben Collins and have all the track tests punctuated by him and Clarkson trading jabs.

Good enough segment though, and not too long.
What a horrible main film.

hopefully it picks up in the next few episodes

Ep2 was complete dogshit and Ep1 was only OK

Basically this.

Amazon doesn't know how to run a creative shop and is micromanaging everything to death.

See also: Every other Amazon original series

I think after you take the travel and shit into account they end up with a smaller production budget than before so they have to fill it in with talking and this god awful Jordan military training/parody shit.

Burgerclap here. Don't really like it. Feels like a half-assed reunion tour with a stale formula.

Its the same thing they always do but its a bit self-indulgent I think.

>fans biggest complaint since like season 12 were overly scripted skits
>we're now to a point where literally half the show is completely scripted
Why. I just don't get it. Their best moments is them fucking around. Their worst moments are bombed skits. Seems pretty fucking simple what they should be doing more of, and less of.

I'll give you episode 1, but the military stuff in episode two of GT goes from "obviously scripted" territory and right into "we're not even presenting this like it's not scripted" from minute 1. There are so many other ways they could have done a segment like this and still have it be scripted, but they got greedy and not only made a segment that only tangentially features motor and was just a short, crappy take on a recent(ish) movie.

Maybe you should rewatch the older episodes because they were always scripted and presented as unscripted. This time however they do that tom cruise movie parody which ruins the illusion.

It's just bad skit comedy at this point.

That doesn't contradict what I said? I know they were always scripted and that older seasons did a better job at not going over the top with it.

it's called being contrarian

a common sympton of being anonymous

Top Gear was never as good as people made it out to be and this is just a continuation.

I'd rather watch Delta Farce than that Jordan segment

There's nothing kinda about his sucking. It's like the show comes to a complete halt when he's talking.

I'm neither brit nor american and GT has been pretty weak. The celeb joke already ran its course in the 1st ep and the 2nd ep was just beating a dead horse. The military thing was overdone too.

The convo street thing was not bad.

That would be a pretty neat idea.

>the hosts become unusually ecological as they attempt to create cars made of truly sustainable materials before taking part in what’s
I have hope for this.