Hey guys, where do you find your amazing music. I want to get into music more, but don't know where to start...

Hey guys, where do you find your amazing music. I want to get into music more, but don't know where to start. So far I'm just looking up albums people mention here.

Other urls found in this thread:

plug.dj/les-bains
rateyourmusic.com/,
neverendingchartrendering.org/)
youtube.com/watch?v=Rq2z1ivEZq4
youtube.com/watch?v=AQcQgfvfF1M
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

rateyourmusic.com

thank me later

This site has meme albums, not amazing music.

plug.dj/les-bains

Go to a record store and ask the clerk

Pandora if you live in the US, or just use a proxy

Truuu OP

Look at charts and lists n shit

Go to shows OP, also find out who your favorite artists work with and give them a shot and listen to bands on the same label as them if it's a small label

>rateyourmusic.com

> 1. Ok Computer - Radiohead

into the trash it goes

>So far I'm just looking up albums people mention here.
I've been doing that since I came to this board desu and I've never run out of shit to listen to

the way I usually do it is at the start of the week I pick an album I like go to
rateyourmusic.com/, skim thought albums in that genre and find some I like, then make a chart of all the albums I liked, usually a 5x5 chart (you can do that here, neverendingchartrendering.org/) so I can remember them later, then make a playlist on my pc and phone and force myself to listen to them exclusively for the week usually I fail at this but I try to do it most weeks

hope this helps

I use Mucore charts

rateyourmusic looks like a mucore circlejerk. If you want to expand your taste, look elsewhere

all music is a meme so you might as well say
"this site has music albums, not amazing music"

youtube.com/watch?v=Rq2z1ivEZq4
official lo-fi core

Wrong kill yourself

Use this chart because it's less basic than past ones.

I used to go to the local venues (the ones that fit

Do not come here to discover music.
Discover your own tastes and then come back to here

I use discogs, personally. If you have a few bands you like, figure out what label they are on and then check out other bands on that label. Many smaller bands will be on multiple labels, so check out those labels too. I like electronic music, so it's easy to find playlists of djs I like and find more music that way. If you like rock bands, find their tour schedule and then figure out what other bands play at that venue or as supporting acts. Then repeat with the new bands you found. It's pretty easy to map a genre, and what's worth listening, with this method. You can also just go through the bandcamp new section everyday. There's some surprisingly good talent.

>. So far I'm just looking up albums people mention here.

listen to this
youtube.com/watch?v=AQcQgfvfF1M

this

also spotify recs are unironically pretty great