>DUDE WOMEN ARE SUPER SMART LMAO
>DUDE WOMEN ARE ENDOWED WITH SPECIAL INTUITION AND UNDERSTANDING LMAO
>DUDE KEKED HUSBAND WITH NO AUTHORITY LMAO
>DUDE NO OTHER COMPETENT SCIENTISTS OR LINGUISTS INVOLVED AT ALL LMAO

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=8M1VYNe5v9s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Ofc it's fantasy

why are you trying to turn a great movie into some gender wars thing, is it because there's nothing else to fault the movie over?

only thing that's worth discussing in your post is the husband having no authority but even then like why does that matter

it probably had the least to do with the story and themes

Is it available already? If not, you are a cuck

youtube.com/watch?v=8M1VYNe5v9s

>WOMEN ARE SUPER SMART

...what? She's a fucking linguist, not some super genius. It just so happened that being good at linguistics and languages was the exact sort of "intelligence" needed to solve the keys of the film. Still, it took math and science to crack the final puzzle, but the movie didn't really focus on that.

>WOMEN ARE ENDOWED WITH SPECIAL INTUITION AND UNDERSTANDING

She's the only one shown to have this ability, but thanks for playing, retard.

>KEKED HUSBAND WITH NO AUTHORITY

Ian? What makes you think he had no authority?

>NO OTHER COMPETENT SCIENTISTS OR LINGUISTS INVOLVED AT ALL

Ian??? Literally every other scientist in the camp????? Literally every other scientist and linguist in every other camp?????????

Reminder: the Chinese and Russians cracked the code before Louise and the Americans: they simply interpreted it wrong, because they were fearful.

It matters because it shows "gender equality" is actually "women are better than men!!

>he's poor

>Russian and scientists got it wrong cause they were fearful
>Men aren't courageous and lack the capacity to arrive at the truth due to being influenced by their emotion

compare this to Contact where there is an intricate journey involved and the mc comes out better at the end, and in this you've got a pseudo-strong female character that goes from perfect to perfect. tldr; just watch Contact niggers.

Contact is reddit, Arrival is Sup Forums

>>>/Reddit/

We like this movie

but there were female scientists on the other teams. did you see the cams?

I shouldnt have to say this, but you are all taking bait from a troll on Sup Forums at 1 in the morning.

Think about what you are doing and where you are.

Did we watch the same film?

DUDE WOMEN ARE LIKABLE AND CARING AND EMPATHIC LMAO

I thought this was a thread about tropes in commercials or something.

>Great movie
Ted Chiang is an even more dry and autistic Asimov.

Contact is awful.

>DUDE IT'S WOMENS FAULT THAT I CAN'T GET LAID AND EXPRESS IT THROUGH ANGER LMAO

who gives a fuck? why does the gender of the mc even matter

cool your enflamed roastie

>Amy will never sit on your face

>>DUDE WOMEN ARE SUPER SMART LMAO
>>DUDE WOMEN ARE ENDOWED WITH SPECIAL INTUITION AND UNDERSTANDING LMAO
>>DUDE KEKED HUSBAND WITH NO AUTHORITY LMAO
>>DUDE NO OTHER COMPETENT SCIENTISTS OR LINGUISTS INVOLVED AT ALL LMAO

I'm as Sup Forums as it gets and the movie did not even hint at these themes. Fuck off you edgy 14 year old retarded virgin.

>non-white male casted in role in movie
>Sup Forums freaks out
You are becoming as bad as the SJW

>becoming
did you miss the #notmystarwars #boycottstarwars over what ended up being basically a comic relief nigger?

If you're not trolling you may genuinely be losing your mind

> DUDE I'M SUB-CONSCIOUSLY AWARE OF THE FACT THAT I'M ONLY WORTH MY VAGINA LMAO

t. newfags

do you get triggered by reality where there's female scientists who have achieved more than you ever could given a thousand years?

First half of the movie- Pretty good
Second half- We got it dude

Never seen Contact, but I thought Arrival was a cool science fantasy plot. It's pretty much a railroad-y D20 modern campaign with a metagaming PC protagonist and pussyfooting around violence.
>Oh no there are 6 battleships
>Holy cow these guys got guns too?
I think only 17 shots heard throughout the movie, I'm surprised there weren't more, but a lot of the people who worked on it were French, so...

Also what the fuck is up with the hi-explosives that the aliumz just happened to plot-armor their way out of? All we see is some soldiers, presumably acting under orders, placing an unreasonable amount of not!C4 in the antechamber, and then nothing really comes of it. They're not punished for acting without orders, and the heptapods don't seem to mind even though they were tapping on the glass to get her attention. Or maybe she's a precision-engineered character, flawless and is just always right all the time, and they were totally telling her to put her hand out

Sci-fi junkies, vanilla adults and soccer moms probably love this movie

7/10 inb4 Arrival 2: Mooninites Revenge

>People complain about John Oliver biases when shit like this exists.

>Also what the fuck is up with the hi-explosives that the aliumz just happened to plot-armor their way out of?

Abbott still got killed from it.

It doesn't make sense for C4 to be there. No quick establishment would have a need for C4

The whole "Let's fucking bomb them" makes no sense either, because clearly physics make no sense around it, and they weren't violent to us

They did it like that because they wanted to portray white men as retarded savages. Notice the black colonel is wise and it's the Chinese who ape out rather than the Sudanese or Muslims

What was even the point of Jeremy Renner there? Just to be her future lay?
>I'm a scientist I believe in science fuck your language shit science is best m8
>does literally nothing the whole movie and obeys the pussy like a loyal cuck

This. It was cringeworthy. He was her little puppy dog and basically ran the big puzzle through a computer program at the end while the heroine was napping from doing all the actual work