ITT: Albums everyone seems to love that you just can't get into

ITT: Albums everyone seems to love that you just can't get into

pic related. I fucking love Radiohead, but for some reason I just don't "get" this album. Don't like the way it sounds, save for a couple songs.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/jsPaerjedQE
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

If I told you, you would all out me as a pleb. I just know it.

let's hear it, come on

No, I can't. I WON'T LET YOU!

Is it TVU&N user?

That's cause Kid A is better

youtu.be/jsPaerjedQE

No, even more popular. It's Sup Forumscore, alright. In fact, it's *gulp* the very definition of Sup Forumscore.

Listen to it on drugs

>do acid
>listen to 60s psychedelia
>realize this is the fruit of the most selfish and indulgent species
>feel dumb and gay
>still hours to go on this hell spiral

Not always a good idea

ITAOTS??!?!??!

uhhh...yyyee.ye.yyyyyeeeeaAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!

I'M SORRY Sup Forums!!!!!!! I'M A HEATHEN!!!!!!!!!!! AIGHHHHHHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

pls don't kill me

you've passed the patrician test, good job.

normie shit

anything by Animal Collective

really, all of them? what kind of music do you usually listen to?

Mostly noise rock, krautrock, psych prog, post-punk, trip hop, some experimental hip hop and metal, and I've heard most "essentials".

That's so strange to me. OK Computer just seems like THE quintessential radiohead album

Itaots is just a meme, kinda like women (the gender)
Dw it's just a joke

fair enough, it seems like you would at least like strawberry jam or here comes the indian though

This is even more strange considering their blue album is one of my absolute favs.

>Has very little variation in rhtythm
>Relies on samey progressions to end his cadence
>Relies on same trilly rhythm to end his candences
>Not a lot of variety in dynamics
>Stuck by far the most to common practice shit
Bach is overrated as FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCCCCCKKKK

There seems to be enough distinct moving parts for this record (although some of them kinda help harmonize/layer other parts so not that complex) that people find this to be very engaging without going the the levels of nuance classical or jazz would. For a pop record it makes perfect sense why people would jerk off over this.
This one's based very much on a track by track basis and how you view music. Like, the psych pop tracks would maybe be appreciated by someone who's like "aight, these guys tryna refine the psych pop formula, not tryna add anything else" but with the longer tracks they were doing something new for the time with the longer jams which became a staple in the 70s.
I get this, too. In terms of actual songwriting/compositions without effects taken into account, it just sounds like any other generic pop record. But what makes it work is all the crazy production/effects put into the record, and every track has its own unique kinda production/mixing/mastering done to it.
I just really like MPP cuz it's happy and full of a variety of timbres without trying ot be gimmicky like their earlier stuff (which is far easier to pull off than people think but everybody claims is unique because nobody wants to put that kind fo amateur shit out.)
Blue album is much better in terms of pop hits. Pinkerton is Weezer tryna be all deep n shit. Fuck off, Weezer can't do that at all and they sound pathetic trying to do so. Better if they do what they are really good at (Blue Album) rather than them tryna be more than that and failing at it (Pinkerton.)

No one likes alt-j

Harry?

it was thier best by far

Just couldn't get into it. Just for a day was good and I enjoy their newest album, but for some reason I find most of this album boring. Love Machine Gun, Allison, and Space Station, but everything else just seems to blend together into immemorable mush when I listen to it.

i suffer from depression and a lack of direction. it speaks to me in ways i cannot express. so what if you don't like it?

alt-j is my boss' favorite band

I would be surprised something so overtly maximalist and systematic as OKC would do that for someone like you. I would expect Giles Corey or Nick Drake or Jackson C Frank or early Swans or DSBM. But upbeat music with many layers?

even when the sun hits? but yes, objectively it's great, but I don't listen to it often too, even being a huge shoegaze fan

I still think it's Pink Floyd best record followed closely by Echoes

This album is a great example of dumb revisionism. It wasn't well regarded at all when it came out, then everyone just decided it was a masterpiece for no reason at all.

It's mediocre as hell and aged like absolute shit.

It's the complete wrong sort of angst for Weezer's strengths.

In rainbows
I get that it's good, it just doesn't have an effect on me

Every song on OKC (besides Climbing Up The Walls and Fitter Happier) sound exactly the same. every 'new' song on OKNOTOK sound exactly the same.