Rogue One "Trust"

I should have seen this coming. It's not going to be warkino.

It's going to be a quipfest.

youtu.be/YWNvdoRnNv8

Other urls found in this thread:

npr.org/2016/09/25/495179824/hidden-figures-how-black-women-did-the-math-that-put-men-on-the-moon
twitter.com/AnonBabble

STAR WARS = MARVEL = RETARDED CHADS
STAR TREK = DC = HIGH IQ PATRICIANS

It'll be worth watching if Vader kills them all at the end.

God I hope we get a Vader "horror" scene.

How do you think this movie will perform financially compared to TFA?

>Shitty quips
>Asian guy giving a speech has a weak as fuck voice

God, this will be the first star wars movie i dont enjoy wont it?

>STAR WARS = MARVEL = RETARDED CHADS
>STAR TREK = DC = *Elitist spugelords

Startshiptroopers = Stargate = user of taste

>fix that for you there

The formula is proven. 90+ RT & $500 million+ box office.

>"You almost got me"
>"You're welcome"
I actually laughed at that. Was pretty good

>STAR WARS EPISODE 7, ROGUE ONE = MARVEL
>STAR WARS PREQUELS = DC

I really hope they say donnie yen is a miralukan

WHAT IS THE ORIGINAL TRILOGY

Sony before 2007

>it's another movie about the death star

reddit

There was like two quips in that trailer.
Funny because there was none in The Avengers Age of Ultron trailers and that ended up being a quipfest.

>three movies about a death star
>one about a super planet death star

I wish they'd just do a fucking movie set in the Star Wars universe that's more scaled down a bit, or even a spooky Jedi movie or something.

I really hate how liberal and PC it's gotten recently.

What does an unoriginal plot device have to do with muh libtards and PC culture

This is probably the last time they'll do it

Look at the cast of Rogue One. All nonwhites and one strong female protagonist. Same thing for episode 7 except for the original cast members, one of whom dies so the strong female protag can have his famous and iconic ship and sidekick for herself.

The unoriginal plot is something else though.

They also have a nigga with no legs. The circle is complete.

I agree, it just confused me cause you weren't complaining about that stuff specifically

I disagree!

I predict that Sup Forums will be wrong, it will be a kino like TFA. Sup Forums will then love it, and pretend to hate it once it gets popular. Just like TFA.

holy fuck they went full reddit with this one

its a sad moment when the only interesting star wars are the fucking tv shows and not the high budget films. at least we get to see Vader fucking people up on Malachor,grey jedi, temple guards and the rebellion doing shit other than blowing up death stars

MUH DEATHSTAR

how many movies do we need about the goddamn death star?

it was stupid enough when they made a second one in return of the jedi, then they made a THIRD one in the force awakens, and now we have another movie about it in rogue one

It was obvious the dialogue was going to be shit from day one. Did you hear the crap coming out of felicity jones mouth?

>"rebellions are built on hope"
>"we'll take the next chance...and the next....until there are no more chances".

they had to put in quips to save the movie from normie death. atleast now normies will watch this shit.

>reshoots to lighten the tone of the film and add quips

where i have i seen this before? i hope it didn't end badly.

I hate that fucking droid the moment I saw him. His design alone looks like it doesn't belong in Star Wars and before any of the trailers I knew he was going to make lame ass robot based jokes the whole time. C3PO was funny cause of his high maintenance attitude and voice, not cause he made computer jokes

>movie will nearly be 3 hours long
>all of these are from a combined three maybe four sentences of dialogue
>judging the entire script based on highly edited trailer shots
How much of a turboautist are you?

The designs are all mostly based on original Ralph Macquarie artwork

stop criticizing the concept of the death star, it's the weapon of choice in the sw universe. Do you have another idea for a planet destroying device? Then please, don't hesitate and share it with us.

>Waah they're giving non-whites more than a single sentence of dialogue now!

Truly whites are suffering from horrible oppression in the current year.

Its like a white genocide!!

I like how Nu-canon retconned Bevel Lemelisk out of existence.

would have been happy for a stand alone movie about stealing the Death Star plans if every other Star Wars movie didn't already feature a fucking Death Star or Planet Killer already. As flawed as the prequels are at least Lucas did try and explore other aspects of the Star Wars universe.

Well, what the hell else are they going to fight against?

bland and pretty master of one liners mary sue
+some minorities in the background whos characters only get time to make a few quips
+quirky silly robofriend

= $$$$$$$$$$$$

What really pisses me off about this all is they aren't really even making strong female and minority characters, it's all cookie-cutter shekelgrubbing trash. But then everyone jacks off to it like it's the god of all progress.

How do you know if she is a mary sue if you havent seen the movie?
>progress bad! How dare niggers and vaginas have speaking roles in my scifi capeshit!!???
>white genocide!!!
>jewish shekels!!!
>REEEEEEEE

why do autists like you exist? Why do you kids get so triggered at non whites in movies you dont have to watch? Have you ever thought about not complaining...?

You were complaining just as much for an even more retarded reason.

>modern live action disney movie is quipfest trash
gee who could have guessed

also
>she literally goes "I hope you have a plan B"
Can't make this shit up. 5 bucks in the flick he says "that WAS plan B" or "RUN".

>I've got Princess Leia breathing down my neck!
>We need 48 hours to steal the plans
>you've got 47!

It looks like a marvel movie. So trendy critics will love it and coin it as a great nostalgia trip, even though most of them are only around 30 years old. In reality it will be another lifeless disney carbon copy that the sedated masses will eat right up because theyre essentially being told to.

These are the kinds of movies hip and cool people enjoy. How dare you ask for more character development and villains memorable beyond the point of "dude destroy the world llmao".

>it will be a kino like TFA
this sentence is gibberish

>I've got Princess Leia breathing down my neck!
>We need 48 hours to steal the plans
>you've got 47!

At least the force awakens made something of an effort. This looks really bad.

>His design alone looks like it doesn't belong in Star Wars
Actually, I distinctly recall a droid with a very similar looking head in either the Cantina or Jabba's palace, possibly both.

I feel like they were going for an HK-47 vibe, though they'll probably fuck it up.

consistent, non challenging but decent summer entertainment vs incompetently made """dark""" substance free schlock defended by contrarians for having "bigger ideas"

>progress bad! How dare niggers and vaginas have speaking roles in my scifi capeshit!!???
He specifically said that what "really pisses him off" is that the "inclusive" characters are just cookie cutters put there to be inclusive but that everyone praises it anyway.

But nope, gotta turn it around and push the "whiny white bois can't handle equality XD" narrative.

>At least the force awakens made something of an effort
yeah, it must have been really tough to watch A New Hope a couple of times and then write it down but erasing all the character names.

I think the new robot looks promising. His "I'll help but don't actually care if you die" attitude seems funny.

Though agreed we'll never have a character as whimsical and silly as C3P0 again, which I think is sad. Star Wars was charming and exciting. Now fanboys insist on taking everything seriously.

>death star
Probably not, we've got at least one more in IX when they're ready to rip off ROTJ "for the NEW generation of star wars fans XD"

>the black stormtroopers look operator as fuck
>blasters based on real guns look cool
Only reasons ill be watching it

Maybe someone with a goddamn imagination could come up with something. Someone at some point came up with the Death Star!

I don't see how Disney plans to do 100 more of these if Death Stars or similar super weapons are going to be the threat every time.

it WAS going to be a warkino until Disney demanded they reshoot half the movie because it didn't have enough quips

Why does the Asian guy at the end, who sounded Asian in the previous trailers, sound like he was dubbed by a white californian in the last second of this trailer?

"Middle America won't be able to hear him if he speaks in that ching chong voice of his. Have Chad dub this. We gotta let the ladies know this movie will be funny"

They clearly tried to make it into something. It was a cash grab, but nothing on this scale. It was 59 percent. This looks far worse

Fair enough.

Is it just me or the only reason people are waiting for this diversity clusterfuck is to see the evil white guy kill them all?

Seems so. Most people seem to be excited about Vader and how all those guys are going to die.

I generally dont care about who's starring in a movie, I however start to care when they pick muh diversity on purpose.

It is still an actual whine though. Dont excuse it.

How is it more retarded to complain about autists who spend literal hours triggered over this shit, you backwards fuck?
>hehe its the same complaint
No its not

>"That was the back up plan!"

Except they really arent cookie cutters, that is a lazy criticism to fit some retardo contarian narrative some of you keep pushing

>its a cash grab
Im gonna let you in on a secret user, people make movies...to make money.

Shocked, I know. But its true. Really makes the midichlorians fire.

Psssst, I'll tell you another...ready?
You don't have to watch it

It is the most autistic shit to care about honestly. It doesnt matter. Dont watch it and fuck off. You really dont have to tell everyone how much diversity in a space capeshit bothers your jim jams

I just want Star Wars to be good again.

Is that really too much to ask for?

Nah, what people are getting upset over on an imageboard is the most autistic shit to care about. Feel free to kill yourself anytime and cleanse the gene pool.

>Nah, what people are getting upset over on an imageboard is the most autistic shit to care about.
And "muh diversity" is one of them. The irony here...

You're the only getting worked up here, just don't bother entering the discussion. Complaining about people complaining accomplishes nothing, it doesn't make you morally superior lad

>You're the only getting worked up here
Are you fucking new?

What?

Ppl on this image board sperg out about muh diversity on the daily, and the irony in your post was fucking palpable.

>2016
>cgi looks like shit compared to the OT

Okay? The point is that you're autistic for caring about it and trying to argue against it in this thread.

It doesn't matter. Don't read it and fuck off. You really don't have to tell everyone how much shitposting on an imageboard bothers your jim jams (you see what I did there? :^))

>durrr you see what I did there
Yeah, it was retarded, user. It doesnt work in reverse
>people ITT bitch about muh diversity
>"maybe stop bitching?"
>you:"durrr stop bitching about bitching! Got him!"
Kill yourself

Except it does work in reverse.
>people bitch about diversity
>you start bitching about autistic shit
>"hey stop bitching my friend. it doesn't help anything"
>you:"n-nuh uh! it doesn't work like that because i said s-so!"
Why haven't you killed yourself yet you pathetic cunt? Or is this your plan all along? Trying to distract people from the forced diversity topic by starting your shit flinging contest?

So nobody can criticize you for sperging out about the diversity boogeyman? Nice protective shield you made for yourself, friendo
>Reee diversity
>PSHHH WHAT ARE YOU BITCHING ABOUT BITCHING??? YOU PATHETIC CUNT
this backwards logic is why you should actuallt kill yourself, its stupid beyond belief. Complaining about "muh diversity" is annoying and a stupid meme that makes you look like a kiddo who stumbled in from r/Sup Forums and looked up the topical buzzword of the day.

Seriously consider leaving this board or hanging yourself with sharp rope

>MUH DIVERSITY MEME REE
>DONT CRITICIZE Y-YOU JUST AS BAD
>CHECKMATE
>WHY CANT I GET A PASS FOR BEING A SPERG??

It'll make between half and 3/5 of what TFA made. I'm having flashbacks to all those threads a year ago where a lot of retarded anons had to have it carefully explained to them that disney's only chance of topping Avatar was with TFA because it has the novelty of being the first Star Wars movie in a decade. That novelty is gone now and we're getting them every year. There's a new Star Wars movie out next month and no one gives a fuck. A lot of casual movie goers don't even know this film exists.

>progress bad!

Right, how could humanity have gone to the moon & invented all the technology we see around us without chocolate people and women?

You're not even saying anything. It's all just repeating my point in capslock, and then saying how it's dumb just because. Keep trucking, I guess.

This movie only exists to setup who Rey's mother is.

They're going full marvel - each of the movies no longer have to be complete stories because they'll just fill in any gaps in characterisation or plot holes in future films.

It's cancer.

>Right, how could humanity have gone to the moon & invented all the technology we see around us without chocolate people and women?
Besides this not being an actual argument, we did...they were there. They invented shit to, unless you are one of those Sup Forums autists that thinks European anglo men specifically invented everything on the planet, in which case you are a retard. But that isnt a reason to rage over women being in space capeshit, or minorities. It will always be a sad complaint.

Spin it however you need tho.

>it only takes 2 hits by X-Wing to destroy an AT-AT

>Right, how could humanity have gone to the moon without women or minorities?
>black women literally came up with the science behind landing and launching our first successful manned mission to the moon
WEW
>inb4 t-they were j-just calculators user!

>getting triggered this much
>responding to every post that triggers you
You are losing it mate.

>black women literally came up with the science behind landing and launching our first successful manned mission to the moon
citation needed

>if you respond you are triggered
Juat set up a sorts of no win situations for anyone who responds to you while you are at it...raging autist.

The lead actress is so bad. So fucking bad. I don't know how anybody here can be excited for this

npr.org/2016/09/25/495179824/hidden-figures-how-black-women-did-the-math-that-put-men-on-the-moon

>inb4 underagers flock to discredit her as "le only a calculator" meme because shea black

Yes.

Empire is the only good one

WE

I don't think anyone is raging here but you.

No.

If you haven't written off starwars by now you're an absolute fucking pleb.