>U.S. President 2017

What happened?

>Lincoln
>Good

>t. butthurt redcoat

Wrong timeframe bud

>What happened?
covfefe

If you gave Twitter to our politicians in the 1860s it would have been far worse than Trump could ever even hope to be. You would have people dropping the word nigger every tweet, people insulting each others' wives, people threatening to kill each other, and people actually killing each other.

>If this is coffee, please bring me some tea; but if this is tea, please bring me some coffee.
what did he mean by this

covfefe?

>taking one of Lincolns best quotes
>taking one of the few blunders Trump made
that's cherrypicking

>>If this is coffee, please bring me some tea; but if this is tea, please bring me some coffee.
He's a tsundere desu

This, people have no idea how civil politics is compared to how it used to be. Newspapers used to run cartoons of their political opponents eating shit and getting bum-fucked and whatnot

>one of the few
>few
It's a daily occurrance.

Lincoln was the civil war, not the revolutionary war.

Last good US president was Reagan though

Trump is just good for the memes

>Last good US president was Reagan though

When will this meme end? Reagan was a terrible president who at least can be respected for reversing his retarded ideas before they exploded (like undoing his tax cuts when it started to bloat the debt rather than just sticking with it out of pride)

>Last good US president was Reagan
>Not Obama
DROPPED

this

>Last good US President was Reagan though
*Eisenhower

what an amazing and original post

Reagan was at least as much of a dumbass as trump

i must admit, i was expecting more (you)s

The economy had amazing growth during his term, and he finished off the Soviet union. His only mistake was amnesty.

Obama was pretty terrible. Excluding a semi-functional economy (which he wasn't responsible for) he fucked up everything else.

Not as bad as GWB though

Nixon >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> rest

Yeh, incidents like Charles Sumner getting the shit beaten out of him on the Senate floor at least don't happen anymore.

Obama was just Bush with race bullshit and better PR.

Presidents in the 19th century received frequent death threats in the mail, Andrew Jackson found them amusing and even had them published in the local newspapers. Today of course that's highly illegal and whatnot.

Kathy Griffin holding up Trump's severed head? In 1850, that would be nothing--you'd probably see it in an average newspaper's political cartoon section.

The American press started getting more civilized in the last quarter of the 19th century as the newspaper business got more commercialized and consequently the days of roughneck editors like Horace Greenly disappeared. Papers became tamer and increasingly ran nationally syndicated features.

We all are. Have another (You). I guess Sup Forums has conditioned to expect worst from our fellow channers.

>channers
back to plebbit

hmm

Please go back to shitposting in /dixie/ as "virginia" you faggot.

>Lincoln
>Good

>poland
>good

I don't use generals and Lincoln was a terrible president for the exact same reason Thatcher was a terrible PM.

DRINK THE COVFEFE, BITCH!

AMERICA FUCK YEAH!

The last great preisdent was Nixon, if only he wasn't a paranoid prick he could have done some amazing shit imo.