Can we have a thread for great sounding films that ended up cancelled?

Can we have a thread for great sounding films that ended up cancelled?

Other urls found in this thread:

duneinfo.com/unseen/jodorowskys-dune-uncovered
imdb.com/name/nm0001015/?ref_=tt_cl_t1
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

inb4 'muh source material'

It's good to deviate from the source, else you may as well just go to the source.

Sup plebian

dumb poster but sounded awesome

haha more leddit bros here xd

> salvador dali as the emperor
> film starts off with robot dogs talking to crucified robot
> harkonnen soldiers shitting on the landing field before they leave arrakis
> castration complex lol

how did any of that sound great?

;_; poor Jodo

Giraffes on Horseback Salad

He wrote the Incal and the Saga of Metabarons which are better than nu-Dune.

On the topic of Jodorowsky
Son of el topo

More like
>Films catering to literal autistics, that ended up cancelled

Jodo sounds like a crazy bastard, but I have to admit he picked a stellar team to help him in the project.
I think because of them it might have worked.

I hate Chris Foss' designs so much

kubrick's AI, napoleon, and aryan papers
robert bresson's genesis
like 800 orson welles projects. it's especially sad that the deep and the other side of the wind weren't completed in his own lifetime
the original game of death
a topiary
coen brothers to the white sea

Jodo bashing aside his comics based on his dune project (Incal and Metabarons) are excellent , while visually a movie in the 70s could match up to the comics I think his Dune would have been fine (if self indulgent)

I'd rather see refn's Incal movie (which will never happen). Or a facsimile edition of Jodo's Dune book (which will also never happen)

As far as never made Kino I'd like to see Burton'a Batman 3, Burton's Superman and Howar Stern's Fartman

Leone's Stalingrad
Fully realized Magnificent Ambersons

>topiary
still time.

>coen brothers to the white sea
I don't know this one but there is still time.

then why the fuck doesn't he pitch a cinematic version of the Incal?

oh, right. Moebius drew the artwork and his insane wife inherited the rights when he died.

poor Jodo! HAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAA

.. but who would you get to play John Difool?

he invented the technique of making starships look huge by adding tiny tiny panels to them.

that's about it.

>Or a facsimile edition of Jodo's Dune book (which will also never happen)

@alejodorowsky

.@sstofflet Es un falso guiĆ³n con un dibujo idiota.

i fuckin' hope so. anyone who made that film should be tried in the Hague for crimes against humanity.

>.. but who would you get to play John Difool?

Robert Carlyle?

imdb.com/name/nm0001015/?ref_=tt_cl_t1

do you think he could deal with the semi-comedic elements?

> we chose you because you have the right nose

I really don't get why won't they just publish the storyboard by Moebius with all the production art of O'Bannon and Geiger

>Robert Carlyle?
Is it me or does his surname sound like a brand?

>"Cool wheels dude, is it a Mazda?"
>"Na man, is a Carlyle"

Jodo's Dune sounded ridiculous. It could just never work. It was technically, financially, and even artistically impossible. He was going to pay Dali fucking tens of thousands for literally minutes of his time just to satiate what amounts to a fucking Guinness World Record title. The very core of the narrative was going to be directly against what the messages of the stories of the Dune universe were about.

He wanted a movie that was going to be half a day long. Not just half a day long of raw footage but footage that he wanted to actually use. No amount of editing could cut that down to be in any way understandable. The reason so many of the movies that supposedly took influence from his failure succeeded were because they only took parts of it; very small parts of each aspect of the movie and developed an entire movie about them.

Carlyle did a good job with understated comedy in the Hamish MacBeth series. And he was cast in that series despite being nothing like the source book character.

Its better to stick with the source, otherwise there is no point in adapting it.

>I really don't get why won't they just publish the storyboard by Moebius with all the production art of O'Bannon and Geiger

read it.

if it's a fake, it's a remarkably Jodo-esque fake.