"I only fucks with the hip-hop. Rappers are the only ones worth listening to these days. I think lil peep is lit AF...

>"I only fucks with the hip-hop. Rappers are the only ones worth listening to these days. I think lil peep is lit AF. Did I mention that I am a Rick and Morty superfan?"

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Musician
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

why are people so desperately trying to turn this board into a Sup Forums satellite

i can't believe you looked at this and read it back to yourself and then hit post you fucking mouthbreather

they know a lot of young liberals post up here

>"Kendrick Lamar is the artist of our generation"

I am from Sup Forums. There aren't any political undertones in my post so why would you get the assumption that I am from Sup Forums?

Let's be real if you don't respect or listen to hip hop in 2017 you're probably racist. A good chance.

>falling for bait this hard

there's literally nothing wrong with being racist

Can you name a better candidate for that title?

He sees both critical and commercial success

i know this is bait but i wholeheartedly believe this

That's ridiculous. Hip hop is just garbage.

>99% of rap songs: "ay yo fuck the pussy nigga bitch i got royalty in my dna smoke weed and drink nigga fuck yo nigga nigga we tryna make it nigga"

>There aren't any political undertones in my post
shut the fuck up

Mac Demarco
Better musician, songwriter, and has commercial success to back it up.

>mac demarco
>commercial success

You dislike Kendrick because you are racist. To say Mac Demarco that boring piece of fuck 70s revival bullshit is better than the most innovative artist of the 2010s is fucking embarrassing. Sit down be humble whitey.

>*can't come up with rebuttal*
>'s-s-s-shut up!'
wew lad

>Mac Demarco
now THIS is bait

He is pretty successful he charts top 40 and everyone knows the name
I dislike Kendrick because his music is ass and his voice is annoying and whiny. His lyrics are the same bullshit as other rap songs so he's not doing anything new really. The beats are kinda cool but that's not even him.

I'll give you a genuine reply when you act like a genuine person and not a walking fish hook with a worm attached

>calls others racist
>calls others out by their race
are you one of those "niggers can't be racist" fucktards who actually believe what you're fed?

No you're a fucking racist. How is Kendrick boring or his music ass? You just dont like that he's speaking about race issues and it triggers you.

literally the only people who know who mac demarco is, browse pitchfork

but rap sucks user

Sup Forums will never ruin Sup Forums and Sup Forums will never ruin Sup Forums.

Both boards ruined themselves already, but they'll still never be Sup Forums colonies like Sup Forums and other shitholes.

>liberating some of the most classic funk/jazz/R&B songs and relying on such as the basis for his "black empowerment" requiems
>innovative
Disgusting. Why can't hip-hop artists actually create their own original beats without constantly relying on other's work, like a fire barrage relying on the sun to burn us to an ember?

Do you not know the history of America sister fucker? Jesus. This kid is clearly a white suburban close minded fucktard who clings to shit like Mac Demarco because it's the last vestige of popular white music. He probably thinks Taylor Swift is "passable pop" too, then he shits all over Kendrick and hip hop because the lyrics are shallow. Doesn't bat an eye when ACDC and Led Zeppelin write songs saying "ooooooh shake for me girl i wanna be your back door man" and the same blues riffs. He's a thinly veiled racist.

Still waiting for you to say what's wrong with being racist.

Led Zeppelin and ACDC suck too
Go outside for once

How old are you?

dude hip hop is shit white rappers or black rappers

everybody below this line is gay

you seem incredibly upset and resentful of white people around you who are more successful than you will ever be

relish your brief moment in the pop culture sun, we're going to gentrify rap like we did jazz

that's literally all hard rock

if you polled a college campus in america, I would say 20+ people would know kendrick lamar for every 1 that knows who mac demarco is

>'dont like rap? you must be racist!'
its racist for you to assume all black artists are rappers

You seem to think I listen to fucking ACDC Even then most hard rock songs aren't as crude lyrically. They don't just swear every 3 words or straight up say "gimme dat ass girl". A few do, but not as much as hip hop does.

take yo christian morality ass outta here nigga

they say the mean ol swear words oh the horror. fuck outta here b

All I'm saying is there is nothing too bad in it really. That's just how it works. I'm sure you can find something more interesting lyrically in hip-hop if you dig just a bit deeper.

Kanye West

There are good hip hop songs lyrically, but most of the popular shit isn't.

>mac demarco
>better musician

holy shit this has to be bait, right?

kendrick doesn't even play an instrument

this

>literally typing like a nigger on twitter when you're a pasty white college kid on Sup Forums
holy fuck you're such a pathetic poser it burns

>you can't be a musician if you don't play an instrument

kendrick doesn't produce his own music either
even then mac demarco's music is better than kendrick's

I fucking hate every one of you. Jesus, this place is full of white racist and rockist kids.

that's true. literally the definition of a musician

>lyrics don't can't
dude mac demarco can't even fucking play in tune. i was around for his rise in montreal, he was trash then and he is trash now. he has always been trash. literally one of the most overblown """indie""" artists of the 2010s.

See this is blatantly untrue and the only reason you'd say that is if there were some racial bias.
No. Why dismiss a predominantly black genre for reasons other than you dont like black people or black music?
It's OK when they speak the same topics in le proper english right? Ebonics is "crude" to you? Racist as fuck. Textbook.
Fuck you. You didn't achieve anything.
You sure about that? Who is your favorite rapper? Better not say Eminem.

>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Musician
get off my board until you learn the most basic things required to discuss music.
thanks and bye.

I'm not a big fan of Mac DeMarco. He's pretty generic, but at least he can play an instrumnent. Talking fast over samples taken from more talented people is not and will never be impressive to me.

>racist and rockist
No, if anything I'm a 'jazzist' or a 'bluegrassist', and my musical icon is Oscar Peterson. I bet you don't even know who that is. Go ahead and Google it though.

Your favorite nigger sucks and rap sucks. Get over it faggot

I like Mac's music better that doesn't make me a racist. I don't care for hip hop that much. I like the older stuff more than the newer stuff. Kendrick is overrated as hell. TPAB and GKMC had good production on some tracks and they're not bad records by any stretch but they're not even close to like best classics of the 2010s or whatever.
Kendrick's lyrical prowess is overrated. He's not breaking new ground he's just rapping about the same topics that get talked about by every other rapper. I dont even think Kendrick's bad I just dont think he's some sort of greatest ever like some people tout.

Re mac That's part of the sound. I like the sound. He's been pretty influential on the indie scene too. These days everyone is trying to copy him. Music is subjective. You dont have to like him, I dont care.

>rewriting Wikipedia article to include non-musicians somehow proves your point

>'I am a musician'
>'oh what do you play?'
>'oh I don't play anything. I am a rapper'

>No. Why dismiss a predominantly black genre for reasons other than you dont like black people or black music?
I listen to hip hop but it is 99% trash and disposable, flavour of the month meme music. I know this is a wild concept for faggots like you to understand but people can dislike genres without muh racism

favorite rap artists are the pharcyde, atcq, outkast, dj screw

Huh. Then why say rap is shit?
Maybe. Why do you feel that way about it?

i dont get it. you dont like rap music or rick and morty?

most rap i've heard is shit and pretty forgettable honestly. there are creatives and stand outs in the genre obviously but a lot of the popular shit, the meme soundcloud shit, the "real hip hop" backpacker stuff etc. is not good.

To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to understand Rick and Morty. The humour is extremely subtle, and without a solid grasp of theoretical physics most of the jokes will go over a typical viewer’s head. There’s also Rick’s nihilistic outlook, which is deftly woven into his characterisation- his personal philosophy draws heavily from Narodnaya Volya literature, for instance. The fans understand this stuff; they have the intellectual capacity to truly appreciate the depths of these jokes, to realise that they’re not just funny- they say something deep about LIFE. As a consequence people who dislike Rick & Morty truly ARE idiots- of course they wouldn’t appreciate, for instance, the humour in Rick’s existential catchphrase “Wubba Lubba Dub Dub,” which itself is a cryptic reference to Turgenev’s Russian epic Fathers and Sons. I’m smirking right now just imagining one of those addlepated simpletons scratching their heads in confusion as Dan Harmon’s genius wit unfolds itself on their television screens. What fools.. how I pity them.

And yes, by the way, i DO have a Rick & Morty tattoo. And no, you cannot see it. It’s for the ladies’ eyes only- and even then they have to demonstrate that they’re within 5 IQ points of my own (preferably lower) beforehand. Nothin personnel kid

Hip hop is literally the only genre worth listening to these days because it has far more potential than garbage like rock or /bleep/EDM whatever that's called yet it has to hold itself back because the rockers and bleepers did that for themselves. White people as usual holding back the black masters. Fucking disgusting.

>white people as usual holding back the black masters
Doesn't that make white people the masters?

I cannot relate to the lyrics or message in rap music (not even white), the beats are gay, and I am contrarian by nature so I tend to dislike things that are popular. furthermore, I dislike how rap music promotes a degenerate and hedonistic lifestyle (inb4 'b-b-but what do you mean? lil pump is fun for the whole family you facsict!')

not the guy you are responding to by the way, and I do like some hip hop

This. White people need to sit the fuck down and read a book about intersectionality.

I used to listen to like 60% rap and called myself a "hip hop head" and downloaded random albums off datpiff and all that shit when I was a teenager. I outgrew it pretty quick shortly after college. I feel like it's the kind of music that appeals to teenagers or just the immature as fedora as that sounds.

I think it's a modern rap thing. I can still go back and enjoy the classics, Big Daddy Kane, shit like that. I'm 32 now, so I would feel like an absolute fucking retard listening to that mushmouth shit that kids like today.

>we aren't doing anything interesting because whitey isn't letting us!!!!!!!
Nigga, get your head examined

cool i like that show too

Yeah a lot of the classic rap songs still hold up, but stuff coming out since like the late 90s and especially 2000s-10s are a lot of the same old shit. Sup Forums likes to give people shit for saying 90s hip hop was better because a lot of fags in youtube comments say that but it's true.

I dislike Lil Pump as much as the next guy,But artist like Clipping and Danny Brown surely give your favorite old head rapper a run for his money

got over your opinion :)

bleep edm is bitcoin.

rap is the U.S. dollar.

let that sink into your brainlet minds for a second

>makes fun soundcloud rap listeners
>this has political undertones
lmfaooooooo sounds like youre projecting a little bit there buddy

Oh yeah, forgot about Danny Brown. Really liked XXX.