Audio Interfaces

post your audio interface and justify your opinion of it

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Q3LE15AyT5g
amazon.com/Behringer-UCA202-BEHRINGER-U-CONTROL/dp/B000KW2YEI
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

OP here,

i haven't bought one yet, but i'm about to. i know my price range and have preferences, but my biggest concern is that certain interfaces from 2011< won't function with the most updated DAWs. I've gone deep into threads on certain interfaces and have found people complaining that their interface no longer works since updating their DAW, is this possible or is it just the people being retards?

My tapedeck is plugged into the line in jack of my pc.

That's all

Behringer U-Phoria UMC204HD

It's better than my last M-Audio M-Track
the preamps are better and overall I get a better signal so it works for me.

it gives me 4 ins and an additional midi out + it was very cheap

Fine audio quality, worst drivers (literally 2-3 BSODs a day) and support ever. Just don't buy anything m-audio and you'll be fine. Focusrite is a great default choice.

Seriously I agree with the M-Audio drivers being dogshit.
Something that helped me was just using the asio4all drivers instead of m-audios and it is MUCH better.

I've been using asio4all whenever I can (for recording), also the card just werkz natively on linux. But I also use it as a main playback device (with headphones) on windows and I didn't really bother to find how to use asio4all like that.

great sound but holy fuck is it hard to get working on a modern computer.

any recs on a good 8 channel for recording drums, the cheaper the better but willing to save a little

Waste of money all of this shit

Here's mine

it's great for what it is. i had a U-Phoria but it didn't play nice with my motherboard's XMP profiles for whatever reason, and i prefer the preamp on the scarlett. shame about only having one, though.

No use getting a nice interface if you have a shitty room to record in. Learn acoustics

Do not forget use DI-box for guitar signal.

Same. I bought a ZED-420 at a pawnshop. Normally a $1.5k mixer board, and honestly the $100 focusrite might be better

are you actually retarded?

Those scarlett pre amps are just God tier

If you need more in- and outputs than a regular Realtek-equipped motherboard gives you, you'll need one of these. Some of them give more control over separate devices too. For sound quality you don't really need them.

E-MU
maybe they seem a bit old and crude today, but it's solid, provides 192/24, has many connections and does its job well.
also, it's much more stable than people think, they just can't figure out how to properly install drivers on win 7-8-10.

It's true...if you're recording acousting instruments

youtube.com/watch?v=Q3LE15AyT5g

Looks nice. What is it?

Hugely over-priced but solid as a rock.
Got fed up with messing around.

Best drivers in the Indy. Shame about the lifeless, sterile sound

I'm not sure about lifeless. It isn't coloured but I don't really look to my interface for that kind of thing. I find the clarity of it a help to actually applying colouration although I appreciate this isn't going to be for everyone.

I just use my laptop

got a motu 828x. does the job.

This little guy

must sound like shit

bäh´ringär

Someone that finally knows how to pronounce it.

I bought the Solo bundle, put the headphones and cable away, and uses my own stuff.

3 years + now with this baby

if an audio interface is anything but perfectly linear and transparent then it's either broken or you bought some crap

my man

Not at all, sounds quite nice. I mean I have an adapter for RCA to 3.5 if that's what you meant.

>For sound quality you don't really need them.
It depends, a lot of onboard sound is still shit, it's sort of hit or miss. And they may perform poorly at different sample rates. Computer mic inputs are usually terrible and USB mics are a waste of money.

mine is more than 10 years old and works fine

I have this too, but probably an older version. Does yours have literally no headroom on the preamps when instruments are plugged in? I thought they remedied it in later versions but I found it ironic that it didn't do what it explicitly advertised.

then you need better headphones or monitors, no joke

3.5mm line in jack is a really bad way of transferring audio, presumably you want that analog tape sound otherwise you wouldn't be using a tapedeck but having the shitty digital noise and poor conversion quality on top of that kind of ruins it

plenty of cheap interfaces that will take RCA inputs, or you could take your recordings to one of those places where they digitize vinyl/old cassettes if you want something more professional

I love it. It sounds great. Very good fidelity in recording. Very easy o use in the hardware side.

Total mix is hard though because I am retarded.

I have a pair of 20 dollars headphones from about three years ago, so you're probably right. Any recs on specific RCA interfaces?

i have this as well.

I use mine to record my ancient Twin Reverb and vocals sometimes and I really don’t need any mojo added to the mix. Absolute transparency is what I was looking for. I have no desire for transistor or bit distortion. That’s what the glass and good mics are for.

I've used edirol (roland interface) UA and tascam US in the past and both worked well enough, you can find them probably $50-70 used but those are ~10 years old so some new ones now which might be better like Behringer mini interface

Cheap, easy to use, decent sound quality, podfarm makes min maxing mic settings easy for plebs like me, monitor in makes playing my electric drum kit smoother, can have speakers and headphone amp plugged in and both playing at the same time if I so wish.

thoughts on this? amazon.com/Behringer-UCA202-BEHRINGER-U-CONTROL/dp/B000KW2YEI

I had this experience. Piece of shit device and the drivers included in the whole Scarlet line are trash.

I have this but I just run a Mackie Mix8 into it

Bump

Is the headset any good? Mic?

I read how ya discarded them to use "your" stuff which I presume is good stuff, but I'd like to hear how sufficient the other doodads in this package are

I like it's Fallout aesthetic.

dafuq? audio interfaces are the cornerstone of home recording and have been for the past 10+ years. do you live under a rock?

Bump. I asked questions that need answered.

I like to record to 2" tape. It sounds warmer

where

Turning one of those knobs is like giving an angel a titty twister

can someone sell me a Roland SC-55

Just sold my Steinburg UR22. I finally figured out after a year that it doesn't do direct stereo monitoring. I'm currently looking at the behringer UMC204, What other interfaces do direct stereo monitoring?

uh what else would the mix knob on the front be for?

Inputs are summed to mono thru direct monitoring. it's always fucked with me but the USB output being in stereo threw me off

okay that's awkward
why would they do that?

got it for free. Have not nough money to buy a new one. Does its job.

good enough

Cost cutting decision imo, not having to put an extra button on the front and still being able to appeal to songwriter types who would just be plugging in a mic or guitar.

I've had one of these bad boys for a couple of years. It produces an audible hum when recording half the time, which is a pretty common issue from what I've read online. I like the multiple in instrument cable/mic, midi and usb + the multiple monitor outs it has. Decent at best, wouldn't recommend.

Scarlett Solo + Hot Pinecone
Does the job

Is there a good sticky or noobie guide for soundsystems somewhere?