ITT: The biggest bands you've never listened to (or care to listen to)

ITT: The biggest bands you've never listened to (or care to listen to)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=bx1Bh8ZvH84
youtube.com/watch?v=53N99Nim6WE
youtube.com/watch?v=7UjvdZm-Tu8
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Led Zepplin
Guns n Roses

Oasis,The Beatles

You're mistaking the fact of popularity = bad music. CCR is both popular and quality. Just give a listen to Bad Moon Rising, IT AINT ME, and suzie Q if you think otherwise.

Elvis Presley, fuck that guy, fuck him

OP is not implying that at all, he simply doesn't care about that band, even if it's good or not

Oasis
LCD Soundsystem
Arcade Fire
U2

Not necessarily.
I'm not OP, but that's a basic generalization of the intentions or opinions of OP, and you're doing what you're accusing OP of doing.

I think people posting in this thread are merely expressing an opinion of what bands that are popular that they don't like, but that doesn't necessarily mean that they don't like something just because it's popular.

this. I'm op btw.
Oasis also for me. So not interested

I've never actively listened to The Beatles. Everything I know by them I know by osmosis or having heard someone else play them. I might be missing out but from what I've heard I just don't care.

U2
Beatles
Iron Maiden
AC/DC
Aerosmith
Foo Fighters

All the dad rock garbage

Oasis. I don't even know how "Wonderwall" goes.

Butthurt negro?

Wait, are you saying all 60's/70's rock is trash ot you just haven't heard the shitty ones?

I SAID MAYBEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

I feel like I'm often ignorant about all these songs "everyone knows". E.g. this year I've heard All Along The Watchtower for the first time.

your gonna be the one to saveeeeeeeeeeee meeeeeeeeeeeeeee

wtf, like black sabbath, led zep, the who etc??

thats a fucked world you live in.

THERE MUST BE SOME KIND OF WAY OUT OF HERE

Not ringing any bells.

here you go
youtube.com/watch?v=bx1Bh8ZvH84

Radiohead
I know I'm missing out but with some bands it just feels like a tedious chore

>I know I'm missing out but with some bands it just feels like a tedious chore
lol those kind of sound like Radiohead lyrics
you're halfway there user

Nah, I want to see how long I can go until I hear it by happenstance.

Oh yeah, I don't know any of theirs either.

Also the only Kanye song I've knowingly heard is "Gold Digger".

So then why haven't you listened to them? You obviously know of them through their fame, and yet you refuse to press play. It lends me to believe you dislike them for no reason, ie: their fame alone

You're a shit human being

Not him but I just never feel like checking them out. It's like how I've never had Indian food, I may be missing out but whatever.

Pink Floyd. It's not that I dislike psych rock, or that I'm against listening to them because they're "normie," it's just that I see their massive discography and my supreme laziness kicks in. I've actually heard a few of their albums, but most attempts I was shitfaced and don't remember a damn thing. Then my laziness kicks in, and I just don't try again.

Their discography isn't particularly big, and you can ignore everything after The Wall

most of them

If taking a bite of curry is like mowing down vietcong while Dani Daniels gives you a hummer then yeah, it's like Indian food

yeah this. Although I like Final Cut, it's non essential Floyd like Meddle/Dark Side/WYWH/Animals/Wall are.

Yeah I know they have like 9-10 worthwhile ones. Maybe I should just say fuck it to relistening to albums and just try Meddle next. That 23 minute long track does sound interesting

I've tried to get into the beatles but nothing I've heard does anything for me

I remember that I had trouble getting into them because it just sounded really boring to me. I actually forced myself to listen to DSOTM until I liked it.

Funny that you mention it because I just thought maybe Echoes would be a better entry point for you, I loved that one instantly.
youtube.com/watch?v=53N99Nim6WE

Get off youtube. Listen to the greatest hits albums first. Go back and relisten to whole discography

not even this?
youtube.com/watch?v=7UjvdZm-Tu8

I once listened to Echoes while I was on a plane and I saw a freaky yellow thing in the sky (it didn't look like the sun, it was super distorted) and I thought I was going to die. Turns out it was just the sun with it's bottom half obscured by some weird mountains. Still, one of the most intense moments of my life. Once I got to the bit at 18:14 I felt almost okay with dying, idk why. Anyway, great track, would recommend it.

Queen
Oasis
Tame Impala
U2
80's hair metal bands

>t. pothead

actually i've never done drugs before, i probably should have mentioned that in the post

Nah I can see what he's talking about, I remember Echoes and Lift Your Skinny Fists having a big emotional impact on me and making my imagination go vivid and wild without ever using drugs.