It's fair to say that Last Week Tonight is the new Daily Show and John Oliver is the new Jon Stewart getting some nice...

It's fair to say that Last Week Tonight is the new Daily Show and John Oliver is the new Jon Stewart getting some nice ratings and will continue to get comfy ratings for the next 8 years ragging on Trump ala Jon Stewart ragging on George W Bush, right?

Trevor Noah's just too boring

Stewart was actually funny though.

Every joke Oliver makes involves Mr. Tiddles the cat with a moustache and repeatedly yelling something.

>next 8 years
Don't get your hopes up pall. He won't even last 4.

Noah sucks. I gave him a while to hit his stride (Stewart kinda sucked when he started), but he remains shitty. Some of his 'reporters' are pretty funny but not enough to save the show. The Daily show should have been given to Samantha B

You didn't even think he'd get the nnomiantion, though

Despite being shit it still brings in the viewers, Oliver can definitely last longer than 4 years

>b-b-b-b-but we won once against all odds so it will happen again
Pathetic.

This. I can get past disagreeing with shows like this if they make me laugh. Stewart made me laugh even when I didn't agree with him. Oliver uses internet meme-tier "if I keep repeating it, it'll get funnier" humor.

Are you fucking kidding...?
>Establishment democrats are already figuring out how to fail the next one...

>NO MR TIDDLES
>NO
>BAD CAT
>And while everyone can see that Mr. Tiddles did an immoral and illegal thing, republicans can't see that Mr. Trump has done the exact same thing!
>It's like when Karen in accounting insisted blah blah blah

I honestly even prefer early Stewart to Noah, or I guess it's more accurate to say I prefer the writers from that time. Early Stewart had stiff presentation, but the jokes were way better IMO.

I think I would've liked for Jason Jones to host after Stewart personally. If they really wanted to get progressive brownie points I would've preferred Aasif Mandvi out of the correspondents they had.

I think the only female correspondent I ever liked on the show was Beth Littleford. Samantha Bee is okay, but when she acts like a fucking teenage girl it's really grating to me.

>less than 1% chance of victory from nearly everyone

hehe whoops

Samantha Bee is possibly the most insufferable of the batch of Daily Show insufferables though.

Yes and no
Yes in that it's the political entertainment show for liberals to watch to feel smug about how smart they are.
No in that it lacks any of the actual intelligence and clever-satire that primetime Daily Show had

Samantha Bee was good when she had limited screen-time limited to a gag or two
Her show proves she can't carry an entire program though and definitely doesn't have the wit that Stewart and Colbert had

What is it with Jon Stewart's "kids" and none of them being funny? Like, what the fuck happened? I thought some of them took the Daily Show writers with them when they started their own shows?

John Stewart was an abusive prick who made his writers funny by shouting at them and keeping the pressure on
His 'kids' lack that resolve and so the writers slack off, knowing the retards who watch the programs won't notice the difference

Oliver's humor l is way too fucking formulaic, you can write your own John Oliver jokes after watching ~3 episodes of LWT. See He's not going to last 8 years, people will get tired.

>see
Fixed.

Michelle Wolf is worse

I think the worst one who was ever on the show was Jessica Williams. At first I thought it was only because she was new and she needed time to refine her act, but as time went by it was clear that it was just that she could not act for shit.

steve carell is funny as hell. glad he didn't go the political talk show route

Lead Jew writer Elliott Kalan quit with Stewart

i think it has more (or at least something) to do with hbo having a lot of shows people like while comedy central is surviving mostly off of south park reruns