I'll watch this, what should I expect?

Never seen a Wes Anderson movie before.

le quirky business

Very competent but equally complacent white people core

What the fuck is wrong with this movie's screen settings?

It's a great movie OP, you'll enjoy it.
I liked it a lot, unfortunately i probably will never watch it again.

Good and well made but kinda boring?

>he enjoys the films of wes anderson

Wait, this movie is beautiful.Like a picture.

>Never seen a Wes Anderson movie before.
Once you've seen one, you've seen all.

His movies are usually entertaining, but not terribly deep, despite some critics seeming to think so.
You can't really go wrong with it, even the worse ones are at least pretty to look at.

>Trying too hard: the post

>His movies are usually entertaining, but not terribly deep,
>at least pretty to look at.

You're either trying too hard to sound patric or you've never actually seen his films.

how did the little indian kid suddenly change his race as he got older

People tend to have their skin lighten a bit with age and all but what the fug who thought that transition wasn't going to be jarring

Not sure what you're trying to say.
I didn't realize Sup Forums sees Wes Anderson movies are extremely deep.
They're very entertaining usually, but they never struck me as complicated and complex movies.
Thing is, I'm usually not really into "deep" movies anyway. I'm not trying to sound like a snob or some shit.

And I liked Budapest Hotel, Royal Tennenbaums and that one on the island.

Holy shit thus is painful to read

Reminds me of my pseudo intellectual phase I had at 15

It's about a ficki ficki refugee and a cuck fighting against a literal fag iirc.

colors are on point

Me too it's called life aquatic

its an ok film, nothing exceptional really

You sound like a pseud but you are right that Anderson tries too hard to be quirky and isn't particularly funny.

one of the most boring movies I have ever seen.

Like watching live action cartoons.

Why was there even an Arab refugee in Nazi Germany? They hamfisted that moral in and it doesn't even make sense.

is the Grand Budapest Hotel located in Hungary?

It was implied to be the Alps during Nazi control.

right now Sup Forums is worse than Sup Forums has ever been

to be fair it didn't become nazi germany until about half way into the movie when the regime came into power. before then I guess it wasn't that outlandishly weird to just have an immigrant, but couldn't they have spent a few extra shekels to get an actual Indian old man actor so I wouldn't have to scratch my head about how this boy morphed races suddenly in middle age.

They should have just made him Armenian or something more believable for that time period.

good times ahead for you then

Literally nothing wrong with your comments. Somehow an autist must have been triggered

I thought he was a gypsy.

No. He says a story that his parents were killed in the desert by Islamic terrorists. They were trying to push a moral in.

It was alright.
Good performances by everyone except for Adrien Brody.

It's enjoyable, but way more conventional than the ultra quirky opening sequences set you up to expect, which made it feel more underwhelming than it deserves.

go back to Sup Forums if a fucking brown skinned actor is going to trigger you that bad.

it was a fun little film, an stylized romp about a more elegant past that may have never existed but the illusion of which was maintained by the efforts of one man.

I really feel sad if you can't turn off the politics for five minutes and enjoy a cute film

You sound like a faggot.

I'm just saying they should have set it in the present or changed it to be more believable.

There is literally no question of this

>changed it to be more believable.

buy why? it was a story of a story of a story. The unbelievable is part of what makes it work.

Its not supposed to be a depressing realist tale of some immigrant who got to buy a hotel

i thought the movie took place in czechoslovakia

I only watched The Royal Tennenbaums and hated it. Are all of his movies pretentious garbage?

>pseud
A what?

>you are right that Anderson tries too hard to be quirky and isn't particularly funny.
I didn't say any of that. I actually find his films funny enough.

Probably my favourite, but I love Bill Murray so that was easy to like.

Then fucking LEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAVEEEEEEE!!!!!

Because when you mix the Nazi era and the modern refugee problem it comes off too hard as the director saying "If you don't support refugees you are literally Hitler or Mussolini."

>Are all of his movies pretentious garbage
They all share a similar aesthetic, if that is what you mean. His dialogue is artificial but that is part of the charm.

The stories are nothing complex, they usually focus around some kind of family drama.

Tennenbaums is probably his best film, how you could hate it is beyond me

1 hour in, movie is entertaining actually but did we really need that refuge talk?Fucking politics.

But there was literally no moral of supporting refugees, he just happened to be one. You're digging to deep.

Well considering the movie was inspired by the writings of Stefan Zweig who saw a possible unified civilized europe destroyed by war , is it really that big of a surprise.

You are supposed to sympathize with the hotel concierge, who is attempting to maintain the illusion of this civility as the world crumbles around him, even at the cost of his own life.

you are not supposed to sympathize with the nazi

if you leave Sup Forums gets better

Grand Budapest is the normie Wes.

Try Moonrise Kingdom or Life Aquatic, they're both fantastic.

I am from Sup Forums and my tastes in film are better than 98% of Sup Forums

Expect to fall in love with prime Saorise.

youre completely injecting your own delusions, the film is about the end of the high point of european culture

Post your top 5 then

Eyes Wide Shut
Syndromes and a Century
Vivre Sa Vie
Days Of Being Wild
la dolce vita

now post yours

My favorite movie of his is probably Moonrise Kingdom

Sam was a little badass, laying some pipe with a quality gal at such a young age

Don't forget Edward Norton. Both of them made the film greatly less enjoyable.
Otherwise, terrific film.

post your 5 bro, we are waiting

The first half was great and comfy, but it became a little less in quality after Gustav was sent to jail.

I never thought it was nazi germany
I thought it was nazi occupied [miscellaneous country]

I thought that bit was pretty comfy too, tbqh ohana

One of the comfiest movies I've eve seen. I love Anderson but I don't want to pander his shit. It's very divissive. Not saying he's the greatest director of all time because he sure ain't, but this is one of my favourite movies. It's a super comfy feel good adventure film.

I've thrown this on so many times, and it just cheers me up. I don't know how to describe it, but it's like a healing salve to me.

I enjoyed the part where they escaped and had a moment of silence for their comrades lost in the catacombs
pretty good movie, but not as quality as The Life Aquatic

It's an amusing movie delivering a timely warning against the rise of the alt right.

>Never seen a Wes Anderson movie before.
lucky bastard, after ten minutes you'll realize you need to delete the movie and look up his imdb list of directed movies to not waste time on this fucking shit again

jesus fucking christ, only faggots enjoy that shit

pretty much

I'm not sure why you're getting hate. You're right.

That wasn't the point at all, get your head out of your ass

It's a movie about nostalgia for a time and place that may not really even have existed outside of his memories, the death of Old Europe, the small things lost in WWII and the Cold War, and of course daddy issues like every Wes film. But it's mostly a silly caper film with an extremely heavy ending to bring you back to reality.