Is it too much to ask that I find a band where the lead singer DOESN'T play an instrument...

Is it too much to ask that I find a band where the lead singer DOESN'T play an instrument? Pic related is the only example I know.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/2MI-_jWAmlE
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Future islands
Oasis
The smiths
Chvrches

>The smiths
Morrissey doesn't play an instrument?

are you fucking seriously
there's tons of those

no

Huh. Thought for sure he played the guitar.

The Doors
AC/DC
Guns n Roses
Queen
Van Halen
Motley Crue
Ratt
The Who
The Rolling Stones
Genesis
Black Sabbath
The Smiths

Queen
The Rolling Stones
Foxy Shazam
Dillinger Escape Plan
Joy Division

I could go on all fucking day...

>Queen
Freddie Mercury plays piano

thats marr

mick jagger plays multiple instruments

>Joy Division
That fuckin hack didn't even play the guitar? He only sang shitty vocals?

is that tom cruise?

he plays guitar in some songs actually

Pretty sure most of those bands you mentioned at least could play guitar and piano, but didn't play it in music videos/live performances.

but you're wrong

If you don't give a shit about the occasional harmonica, then Zeppelin is the obvious answer. Then again, if you haven't listened to any Zeppelin before you've wasted your life.

Alice in chains

Tool

So what's the line then? Probably anyone who is a professional musician can play instruments, but that doesn't suddenly make Mick Jagger known for playing the piano.

death grips, although they are not really a band; they are a contemporary art exhibition anchored by sound and vision.

>harmonica
Still counts.

BTW, in case anyone cares, I was the OP of this thread you're reading, along with posting (), (), and ().

I meant frontmen/women that typically have never played or don't play an instrument, and just rely on their singing prowess to carry on their band.

Blur,Tool,Rage Against The Machine,Dag Naty,Dead Kennedys,Ghost,Iron Maiden,SOAD

Everything Everything

sade

Afaik Mark E Smith from the Fall can't play any instruments and doesn't know notes or keys or anything in music either.
He just "doot doos" his ideas to the band

layne played guitar for a few songs on dirt iirc

Why is that relevant?

Because when I was younger, I always imagined myself being in a band with 4 of my other friends where they would work on perfecting the intensity, ambience and melodic sensory of the music, and I, a shy wallflower would create beautiful poetry filled with esoteric narratives and idealism, and sing to let the poetry breathe.

No but Tom Cruise is the same age as AK. I guess everyone from a particular generation has a certain "look" to them.

Black flag
Rollins band
Faith no more
New found glory
Taking back Sunday
Saliva
Papa roach
Limp bizkit

He only played a chord in those songs, so he practically didn't play at all

Pearl Jam

dude, jonathan plays guitar and keyboards

Don't act as if you never wanted to be in a band when you were a child. Only difference is, I would have actually been the greatest.

Stop it.

Julian Casablancas doesn't play any instruments when the Strokes play live (though we wrote most, if not all of the music for their first three albums).

Is that Tom Cruise? I didn't know he sang in a band. What are they called?

Has post irony gone too far?

Vanilla Sky

Com Truise

the fall

Maynard play the synth at their shows I think

Vocalfags, everyone

Black Sabbath. Ozzy can’t play any instruments. Not sure if their other singers like Dio can or not.

What?

Kill yourself. Your simplistic noisy music is not "contemporary art".
>they use a dick pic as album art and have distorted sound wow such art much depth

Why would you need that?
Oh, I see
lel

Dio actually got his start playing various brass instruments.

Easier with your complexes there Julian.

If you don't learn your shit, you'll always be that dumbass who thinks he's hot shit but is actually just an inconsequential decoration slathered atop the accomplishments of his band.

and rhythm guitar on s/t

Even if you're the main lyricist?

i still want to be in a band as an adult but i don't fantasize being the "shy wallflower" who shines on the stage with my friends

it would be an exception if their lyrics were actually good most of the time.

>he doesn't want to be the frontman playing rhythm guitar and lead vocals of his 3/4-piece band with his m8s

Touche. Are RHCP an example of your point?

OZZY PLAYED HARMONICA, YOU DIPP

he wasnt too good tho

5 members is the optimal number. That's enough to do art/experimental numbers along with standard alt. rock.

Pretty much every single fucking black metal band ever, retard.

>art rock
>experimental rock

No need for the insult, friend.

I'll add
Depeche Mode
The Mars Volta

You know deep down I'm right

the ramones

:)

Oh snap, didn’t know that, that’s actually pretty cool.
On like, one song. Harmonica is like tambourine or recorder, anyone can be competent at it.

>Queen
Piano was probably the signature instrument of Queen and Freddie played it.

Is that Kirby Jigglypuff King Dedede? I desire a partial of his salivac juice-fat to sell to my niggerplants of town. Seriously wondering if a snake could fly on his monkeys to entangle the rope of shadows, then meralinate the uvula to pop the nooses. 125/342;&+_+

That's my girl I was telling you about. He derived the sentiment, and I will be there at all his perspectives.

Limp Bizkit

He shreds.
youtu.be/2MI-_jWAmlE

Bump

That's kind of a waste

>Blur

Damon Albarn's always played all the piano/organ/synth parts in Blur's tracks, which became the basis of Gorillaz's sound

>Blur
Damon occasionally plays guitar

iamthemorning
embrace the darkness
The National
Agent Fresco
Blind Guardian
Kvelertak

Thanks for the suggestions!

Rammstein.

Kasabian

Idles