What genre of music is the shit that plays in old westerns, with the glass slide

What genre of music is the shit that plays in old westerns, with the glass slide

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=cJ5z1f7mIis
m.youtube.com/watch?v=QhPhjkL-C70
barnowlband.bandcamp.com/album/lost-in-the-glare
youtube.com/watch?v=FQ9Zpdzkmzs
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dimitri_Tiomkin
youtube.com/watch?v=F5oF0wtq5uE
youtube.com/watch?v=RZkZBZVxMUM
youtube.com/watch?v=Dxvej27d8N0
youtube.com/watch?v=hUXf1TDEuFM
youtube.com/watch?v=ktKtFCYHPDU
rateyourmusic.com/customchart?page=1&chart_type=top&type=album&year=alltime&genre_include=1&genres=Spaghetti Western
youtu.be/dTJs1fzroZ4
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>soundtrack

it's called spaghetti western

that’s a movie genre retard

I dont literally mean the soundtrack, but just the kind of music you'd hear IN spaghetti westerns. What is that it's not country, its not folk.

It's just generically called western music OP. It took me a long time to find out that's what it's called because Godspeed has done that music before and it got me slightly obsessed.

not OP, but what about the shit that plays when they enter Mexico? Has guitars, maracas, and trumpets.

this is the one

that's just film music. Go look at morricone and people like him, or similar movies and their soundtracks if you want more. Searching for cowboy music or mariachi music gets at it from both sides of the border, but they're both a little too pop/folk to consistently get at the solitude, harshness, or sublime like the soundtrack of the dollars trilogy does.

That's mariachi.

thanks user, you the bomb

you sure?

Mariachi sounds too happy. I mean the solemn guitar with the occasional maraca and trumpet. Showdown music

I want soyboys out.

this is amazing, more like this?

This is also true. Morricone dug up about a dozen different influences to stitch that album together. He kind of created an entirely new sound that people still copy because they love it so much.

What about this?

youtube.com/watch?v=cJ5z1f7mIis

Can I get more like this?

I cant really think of any good one outside of Earth's drone music. their previous album is similar.

You know, the user who brought up Morricone as a composer is totally in the right here. And so are you. Mariachi stuff doesn't have that brooding, sinister undertone that the stuff in the Dollars Trilogy has. I can only think of a couple of artists who do music like this. I need to find more.

"Buenos Tardes Amigo" by Ween will make you happy though OP.

A lot of mariachi groups sing/play boleros that are kind of sad sounding.

m.youtube.com/watch?v=QhPhjkL-C70
Like this without the vocals, yeah? I'm not sure what you call that.

light me up - ween

Hex and Hibernaculum are similar albums of theirs.
Also check out Barn Owl
barnowlband.bandcamp.com/album/lost-in-the-glare

and
youtube.com/watch?v=FQ9Zpdzkmzs

You might like some of Pelt's folkier songs.

They're definitely on the 'drone' side of it, though.

since Morricone defined this genre it's probably his personal style (banjos, maul drums, choirs doubled with trombones. jazz inspired harmonies)

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dimitri_Tiomkin
that's a rendition of some music written by this guy, who scored a lot of other westerns

Buenas tardes amigo is amazing (not OP btw)

Yes! This without the vocals is what I'm looking for

this. one of the best records i've ever heard.

bees made honey in the lions skull is just hex watered down 100 times.

youtube.com/watch?v=F5oF0wtq5uE

I saw these guys open for Earth once. Sorry about the awful video, I didn't look very hard.
youtube.com/watch?v=RZkZBZVxMUM

yo dude im just gonna be nice and say it, posting with a name is ridiculous and really shows youre new here. just post without a name, or get a tripcode.

I hesitate to recommend the hour long compilations on youtube, but they might be a good starting point in addition to morricone and tiomkin, although the videos are probably derivative of the major composers.
youtube.com/watch?v=Dxvej27d8N0
youtube.com/watch?v=hUXf1TDEuFM
youtube.com/watch?v=ktKtFCYHPDU

rateyourmusic.com/customchart?page=1&chart_type=top&type=album&year=alltime&genre_include=1&genres=Spaghetti Western

Thanks for these I appreciate it

Inspired by mariachi, but it really is its own genre

rym genre tags for the good, the bad and the ugly score

>Mexican music

Mexifag here, try with Twin Tones
youtu.be/dTJs1fzroZ4