ITT: Moments in the Simpsons that genuinely made no sense

ITT: Moments in the Simpsons that genuinely made no sense

>Homer and Mindy are riding downwards in an elevator
>Homer forces open the door and jumps out
>He's then seen sliding down one of the massive chimney stacks

Where exactly were they before Homer jumped out, since there's no structures above the chimney stacks?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=WoBHywKIX-0
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Gee I hope someone was fired for that blunder

I never got this joke

This is genuinely genius. I've never seen this before.

Is there a better name that rhymes with Feed and Seed than """Sneed"""? They totally forced that one just to make the joke work.

Steve

Its a real name

Reid, but I feel like the name had to be weird to call attention to the joke.

A wizard did it.

I feel retarded for not getting this until now, but I was probably like 8 when this first aired so it's ok I guess.

no

I still dont get it.

Reed, Creed, Meade, Mede. Just off the top of my head

there's probably an elevator shaft between the outer wall of the chimney and the inner hollow part. it would only need to be the width of an elevator, so not all the way round and it could end before the top that you see from outside. would make sense as a way for workers to get up there for repairs

Feed & Seed begin with F and S and rhyme with Sneed. What rhymes with Chuck and starts with F and S?

Chuck's Fuck and Suck

Fluch and stuck? That doesn't make any sense, is Fluch his surname?

nice meme

Thanks bro, remember to upvote me

But it makes no sense to name business like that. I don't think that's the joke.

Except the scene actually shows an actual building structure before Homer gets in, and several floors pass by the elevator door before he gets out.

youtube.com/watch?v=WoBHywKIX-0

The building is inside the chimney.

That is a refrigeration tower. Those things are hollow. There cannot be a building inside.

Have you looked inside that one? No you haven't.

>Chuck's Feed & Seed
Clearly you've never gone searching for a novelty license plate.

They had better service when it was Chuck's Fuck & Suck.

Hint: A . . . . .

Yes I did. I even had to study how they work.

That's part of the joke.

I named my argonian character in Oblivion Sneed before knowing about this fucking meme, I feel like Butters now

Yes, I have, actually. It's shown immediately at the start of the scene we're discussing.

There's clearly room for a huge building inside.

Why are there boobs on a nuclear plant?

Makes even less sense.

Meade's Feade & Seade makes no sense.

Makes more sense than Chucks Feed & Seed

Props for the good taste in Elder Scrolls games

Producer David Mirken often refers to this as the Simpson's "Flexible Reality." While they often strive to have the Simpsons inhabit a world with internal logic, it's ok to stretch that reality for the sake of a good joke.

The cooling towers are typically portrayed as the largest man-made structure in Springfield, so to show that Homer would be willing to slide down them as opposed to spend another moment with Mindy in the elevator is ridiculous (resulting in laughter) but also is true to the character as he is not actively pursuing or lusting after her.

The joke is that Sneed is an uncommon name that rhymes with the name of the local, but it's not done in purpose because he got it from Chuck.

seems more like the simpsons was alway a mediocre\bad show and it simply got worse and worse through the years

Why do Bart and Lisa bother to ride the bus to school if they can just use their skateboard and bicycle respectively, as per the opening credits?

that's supposed to be the "genius" joke?

>it's a "Homer cheats on Marge" episode

Kinda fucked up

It was a maintenance elevator to service the top of the cooling tower.

>it's a "Marge cheats on Homer" episode
>the door swings both ways

>It's a "Marge rapes Homer" episode

Even more fucked up.

Chuak's Fuack & Suack

Those are the 2 reactor chambers. Springfield uses a Boiling Water Reactor hence why it melts down so often.

>shit writing and poorly-executed jokes are intentional because we're genuises

Okay.

You want a plot hole?

In the episode Maggie makes 3 how did neither Bart not Lisa not know remember that happened only two years prior

women can't rape men user, I know this is Sup Forums and all but sexism isn't funny

wrong

I could see Sneed as a surname

That is sexism. A women can do anything a man can.

Ugh can you please not.

I'm literally shaking right now

This, how is that even a joke?

>a woman can be the aggressor
>women can pass laws that take away women's rights to their own bodies
>women can elect misogynists like donald trump for president
Get educated before you go posting again shitlord