ITT: overrated albums

Spiderland is actual trash. The music is amateurish and the lyrics are totally disjointed from it.

>but m-muh first post rock album

Yeah, I'm glad post-rock went on to be a great genre without this kind of aids style influencing it for more than 5 years

wrong

why do you say Spiderland is so great then?

wow, very convincing arguments here

>caring about lyrics

I usually avoid music with lyrics, but when they are there, I don't want them to be trash.

I think it's a neat post hardcore/math rock album and the lyrics are okay so there,my argument is just as valid as yours

>spiderland
>post rock

It is overrated but its not as bad as youre describing it. Still enjoyable but not as important as publications make it seem.

can someone recommend me some post rock that sounds like spiderland? not stuff with eclectic instrumentation, saturated with crescendos, but something more stripped down yet complex

As is yours. Fuck slint.

No, it’s soycore for kissless virgins. Guitars are thin, spoken lyrics are horrible, drummer sucks. Yeah, I said it.

have sex

music is still good tho yo

Unwound - Leaves Turn Inside You

Quality post.

the term 'soycore' is what warned me of your problem ya simp

I disagree, but that's okay!

> simp
add an "h" and an "r" in there and you get a quality type of toast

>uses the soyboy meme yet calls other virgins
How's 10th grade treating you?

>projecting
what a fucking soyboy

It's not trash, but it is beyond overrated. It's not unique, and it's not very interesting. You can get the exact same textures from any Can album, except the songs will be much better.

take a shower pinhead

maximillian colby - discography
a minor forest - flemish altruism

thanks

who you callin' pinhead?

get a clue

wheres quality theead guy when you need him

It's actually the gybe style of post rock that is aids.

false, kys tripfag. as if this board wasn't shit enough without all these tripfags running around

I don't get GY!BE either based trip. They in particular are responsible for the soozefest of shit 3rd wave post-rock like EITS.

Not a single redeemable track

Well, op is a retard and a pleb. Nothing new here.

holy shit imagine having such shit taste lmao

>Not caring about lyrics

P L E B !

personally its a 7/10. While the immediate sound is somewhat pleasant, the main focus is the lyrics...which are some of the most pretentious lyrics I've ever seen.

The stories are WAYYYYY to abstract for them to actually mean anything. It's not like neutral milk where you can at least get an idea of where the lyrics are coming from and pick up an emotion..."the girl grabbed my hand...i clutched it tighhhhht...I saiiiiid goodbyeeeee, to the groooooound!!"...what in the actual fuck am i supposed to even feel about a fortune teller floating with some bratty sounding kid into the sky?

EPICCCCC??? sad!!?? ...still, it's kind of fun to imagine that they really did have a tight and clear concept for the album, but If I try hard enough I can imagine my own concept for fucking anything.

...tweez on the other hand is good , because the lyrics are still shit, but the main focus is on the out of control noisy ass music.

>he needs lyrics to be spelt out for him

iiiiiiitss nnoooooottt thaaaattt goooooodd

if a band actually has an important message, they will make it obvious(Death Grips for example, even though a retard like you might say their lyrics are even more vague, are an example of lyrics that actually have something to say(Lyrics from the money store, no love deep web, the powers that b, and steroids). If a bands message isn't urgent...or if they don't have a mesage at all and just throw in lyrics for , they will ALWAYS make their lyrics vague , and use cop out phrases such as ,"the lyrics have multiple meanings" ,"Let the listener decide what it means" ,"I don't even know what they lyrics mean...but I know they have meaning".

Learn to not fall for what lame ass mucisians tell you and not to be brainwashed so easily.

>The main focus is the lyrics
Lol, they LITERALLY made them up on the spot, they were an instrumental band. The main focus is the meticulous guitar work

ok what if the lyrics are meant to abstract but serve to showcase a different meaning in context of the track sound and title than the literal lyrics by itself.

>guitar work
>meticulous
>slint
>kek

in breadcrumb trail the song is about a loss of innocence (as said in the documentary breadcrumb trail) specifically during sex, and if you take one (1) minute to think about it then it makes sense
>instead of having his fortune read (talking) he wants to go on the rollercoaster (bone down)
>stopping at the top there, starting down (clearly climax or build up to it)
>she pukes afterwards (morning sickness/shame)
its not hard dude. aside from nosferatu man and maybe good morning captain, all of the songs have pretty clear meanings, and even if they didnt theyre still comprehensible. tweez has the most goddamn vague lyrics ever but you still like it, as do i
>the main focus is the lyrics
they were a last minute addition, brian mcmahan just made them to sound good, he didnt put all that much thought into their meanings. you can criticize me for putting more thought into them than the band, though, im fine with that, and if you were complaining that the singing was bad then id kinda see your point, but complaining about the lyrical content is ridiculous

>Drummer sucks
user, you're seriously triggering me

I mean how do you even tie your shoes in the morning with this level of stupidity?

>TELL ME WHAT TO FEEL
If you couldn't even get anything out of Don, Aman then you're just not a very smart person

I’m a drummer - 15 years. Fuck your face. I know what I’m talking about.

>I've been retarded for 15 years
That's too bad user

Wow, that hurt my feelings.

Spiderland isn't even the first post rock album. Offhand, Spirit of Eden predates it by like 3 years. Spiderland's often cited as having an influence on math rock, though. Might even have some crossover appeal with slowcore, tracks like Washer and Don, Aman could've perhaps been on a Codeine record.