When did you realize that New Wave is objectively the best genre music has to offer?

When did you realize that New Wave is objectively the best genre music has to offer?

it isn't

English settlement > drums and wires

Nothing to Fear by Oigo Boingo is unironically one of the best album of the 80s.

That being said, jump off a bridge. Genre's 95% unsalvageable shit.

No, Classical is

this
only uncultured plebs dislike classical

It is but ex-yu new wave is the only good new wave

>Black Sea > every other XTC album
come at me

when will you realize it's the worst you fucking pleb?

New wave from 76 to around 79 is god tier but after that all the bands sold out and became 80s normiepop.

Apple Venus Is their best

same time I realized post-punk was also the best genre of music

Skylarking > English Settlement

Honestly, synthpop is better

I think New Wave is one of the most consistently great genres. There's very little of it that failed.

Skylarking > Mummer > Black Sea > English Settlement > Apple Venus > Oranges and Lemons > the rest >>> The Dukes of Stratosphear

>Mummer that high
wew lad

How do I get into XTC? I listen to dozens of new waves bands already but not this guy

Where do you draw the line at the end of new wave to the start of just 80s pop? i find that by 84-85 that raw early 80s feeling was gone

new wave bands i already listen to:
devo
pretenders
talking heads
police
gary numan
Ultravox
OMD
depeche mode
flock of seagulls
b52s
icehouse
human league
men at work
men without hats
thomas dolby

>Nothing to Fear by Oigo Boingo is unironically one of the best album of the 80s.
It's a 6/10. Be serious, now.

Objectively this.

i read as no wave and was going to agree with you but then i read again and laughed at your post

judging by the presence of Devo, Talking Heads, and the Police, go with Drums and Wires first, Black Sea second, then go from there

>Mummer is bad meme
wew lad

Start with Drums and Wires and listen all the way through.

You can skip The Big Express though

>devo - OK
>pretenders - new wave era pop, not really new wave
>talking heads - Excellent, Remain in Light is Top 5 album of the '80's, Food and Buildings and 77 are excellent
>police - Excellent
>gary numan - Excellent
>Ultravox - 1 Excellent album (Vienna, obviously)
>OMD - solid new wave pop
>depeche mode - Excellent
>flock of seagulls - very minor
>b52s - Good
>icehouse - meh
>human league - OK
>men at work - New wave pop with some elite tier songwriting, Overkill is gorgeous
>men without hats - Excellent, Pop Goes The World is one of the best new wave albums ever, Top 5 album of the 80's for sure.
>thomas dolby - Some fairly excellent stuff
>XTC - go by songs, not albums - start with someone's version of their greatest hits - lots of excellent songs, from lush and pretty to pointed and aggressive

>Vienna is the only excellent Ultravox album
cmon the John Foxx albums aren't THAT bad

I draw the end at the Police's breakup in 1984. They were the biggest band in the world and for four months had an album that was outselling Thriller at the height of Thriller's popularity. Also, Synchronicity was overthrown by Quiet Riot's Metal Health, marking the change from when New Wave to Metal became the biggest thing in pop. Sure you had Tears for Fears and Duran Duran successes the next year but by 1985 New Wave was fading and transitioning to alt rock.