The Mandela Effect

A lot of people have been talking about the Mandela effect lately

Do people have valid points or are they just dumbfuck autists who can't remember things correctly

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=cCJVaMzXB4E
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

pls no

this scares me. I specifically remember chic-fil-a

It was always chic-fil-a

However Nelson Mandela did die in prison in the mid eighties, I have it on VCR at my mom's house

Then record it and make a webm you nigger

checked

couldn't they have changed it at some point?

I remember it as chic, weird.

also nice quads

youtube.com/watch?v=cCJVaMzXB4E

Why the fuck did you ever think it was "Chic-fil-A"
First of all, chic is pronouced "sheek".

this is a reddit tier conspiracy lad

I had a weird one the other day. I always though Fathers day and Mothers day were on the first sundays of May and June.

My girlfriend did too.

but apparently fathers day is actually the 3rd sunday of June, and mothers day is the 2nd Sunday of may??

lol I'm pretty sure its Chic since I've seen lots of cu/ck/s talk about it.

that's what i thought, but some people are wacked out of their mind

one guy uses the brady bunch variety hour as an example, claiming he never remembers the show being aired

it is true bro, our world thanks too retards and cern fucking with things they shouldn't mess with is making time itself crumble beneath our eyes. repent

Human memory is notoriously unreliable. Scientific studies show that a lot of what people remember has either been distorted by the brain or completely made up. It's why witness testimony in court is almost never taken at face value unless it is corroborated by hard evidence.

TLDR the Mandela effect is dumb.

WTF!? IT WAS CHIC! I SWEAR IT!

No fuckin way. I always remembered it as chick fil-a. Vividly. Always thought it was weird that they'd spell it that way.

I ate there just last week and recall wondering about why they'd spell it 'chic'.

The Mandela Effect shit is retarded.
>That's odd, I misremembered this tiny, insignificant, easy to mistake detail from my childhood.
>Clearly I would never make a small mistake. I must have been sucked into an alternate reality where the only difference is a single letter in some book/company name.

>durr durr logic and science disproves your conspiracy theories xD *strokes neckbeard* atheism and facts win again!

FUCK OFF REDDIT YOU ARENT FUN

>reality could be artificial according to scientist
>but here is why i will instantly discount this theory without any study

if reality is artificial the 'universe' could have 'started' an instant ago and you never would know the difference

This one I semi remember. I could be remembering this one wrong but I definitely remember it being "luke, I am your father" and not "no, I am your father".

Also apparently "hello clarice" was never in silence of the lambs and I definitely remember that one too. The idea that not hundreds, not hundreds of thousands, but millions of people are all remember the same thing wrong is laughably retarded.

That hardly makes sense

>A wild shill appears!

>Needing a study to dismiss something this stupid and easy to explain.

i remember being in atlanta over 15 years ago and seeing one for the first time, I specifically said to my father "why do they spell it wrong"

also mirror mirror on the wall etc

yea and it could also change things post hoc

but people remembers things how they are mentioned in pop culture... how people quote a movie isn't always how it is in the movie

people also using the examples of "life is like a box of chocolates" and not life was like a box of chocolates"

and mr rogers "it's a beautiful day in this neighborhood"

Do you think Trump is using a time machine to go back in time and ensure he is unstumpable? I mean, he's countered every thing that's been thrown at him. And he always has the most delicious bants on twitter.

>objectivity

disown thyself

You're putting the cart before the horse here mate. Millions of people didn't just happen to misrember quotes like that. They misremember them simply because people repeat them incorrectly.

Your way would be much simpler and easy to remember, for sure.

I clearly remember that summmer nights were a lot warmer.Now we are inthe 10 of june, and it's 13 C outside.

>6660999

666 and trips must make it so

How do you know the memories of the people conducting those studies weren't distorted even while they were conducting the study? Did you make sure to lock the door when you left your house today? Are you sure? Hey, a burner on the stove's on, better go turn it off.

It was Chic, they changed it.

What, you guys don't think change is possible?

No you don't.

>Dad I heard loud noises outside, it must have been a giant monster.
>No son, that was just lightning.
>DO YOU HAVE STUDIES TO BACK THAT UP!?

it was never changed here m8, welcome to the berenstain world.

Post that shit to YouTube and say what you will call it please m8

WHAT THE FUCK. I LIVED IN GEORGIA FOR 15 YEARS, CHIC-FIL-A ON EVERY CORNER THERE.
HOW IS THIS POSSIBLE?

It was originally called the Mandingo Effect in the original timeline fyi

>quantum entanglement
>tiny monsters that get us sick
>nonsense stick to reality

you're in the right to evoke occams razor here but humor them and assume all these people aren't retarded. Have you considered that you don't see anything wrong because you were always in this parallel or whatever you want to call it. I'm still half skeptical but it's hard for me to deny when i have specific memories that disprove what is now different to many of us.

Actually yeah there are studies about it and it's why we don't believe in thunder gods anymore.

The scientific method attempts to counteract those human biases. It's not perfect but it's the best we've got.

I always laugh when idiots think that 'muh reality is a social construct' is a compelling argument at all.

Wasn't it Chick-a-Fil-A?

is lying.

I've tried samples of Chick-fil-a, and loved it, but I've never actually eaten there. Why? What does this mean? What interdimensional Time Squid is keeping me from deliciousness? Why? Toxoplasmosis?? Dig into this, gumshoes.

eternally sunday

Were Colorado and Wyoming always just rectangles?

My memory is probably just incorrect but I remember Wyoming having a more unique shape.

I looked at this map and something about it (other than the lack of Canada) just seemed off to me.

I can't put my finger on it.

It started with the 9/11 Mega Ritual and is being amplified now by CERN

I have noticed things wrong. I have also noticed misremembering things in the past. I just don't want Sup Forums to repeat the cycle of retardation again. Every time we joke about shit like this, morons flock in to take it seriously..

Nah, you're remembering incorrectly. I live near the original chic fil a, it began as that and they changed it as they got more popular.

Jokes on you gramps, you're getting senile.

you are fucking idiots

I don't believe that at all. Actually this should be easy to disprove. Name some popular quotes that are often "pronounced" wrong that haven't been "changed".

I never hear this, "oh millions of people just repeated something wrong from a movie and never rewatched the movie to find out they were wrong and ANYBODY who saw the movie never bothered to correct them, once or even look it up online?

That's fucking stupid, you're not going to convince me that one of the most iconic lines from one of the most highest grossing films of all time was repeated wrong by millions of people.

Yea maybe chic fila, possibly sex and the city and not sex in the city I could say "yea I could've been remembering that wrong" but you will never convince me that "Luke, I am your father" wasn't the original line in the movie when I first watched it in elementary school. My friends and I would play after we watched Star Wars and say that shit while pretending to force choke each other. I vividly remember those memories.

You're shills, bad ones too.

We also have studies about unreliable human memory.

All that we see or seem is but a dream within a dream

>are they just dumbfuck autists who can't remember things correctly

I'd have to say this

Here is another one

The answer used to be spelled answere

>"shilling' is now not buying into a fucking Reddit bullshit conspiracy

wew

Post them, that's what the guy asked in the first place.

Do you always remember it as "no, I am your father" and not "Luke, I am your father? Like when you see saw the movie for the first time you distinctly remember it as "no"?

It's been a meme for like 30 years that people get it wrong. It was done because the reference is more obvious if you add Luke. And NO I AM YOUR FATHER makes more sense in response to what Luke said about Obi Won

In the other timeline I was content and happy

Most people have likely heard the reference before watching the movie, considering its almost 40 years old

like when Chris Farley quotes it in Tommy Boy... im sure plenty of people who saw that think that must have been the actual quote

t. paranoid schizophrenic

This map is all sorts of fucked up, but Colorado and Wyoming aren't the problem. Washington state, however, is not at all correct on this map.

>The scientific method attempts to counteract those human biases. It's not perfect but it's the best we've got.

Has this been proven?

That's it. Thank you.

Don't know how I didn't notice.

Its Berenstein and I will refuse to believe anything else

People have been saying at one time the Willis Tower was once called the "sears" tower..

Pretty sure it's always been Willis tower

I always heard "Luke, I am your father" and remember that, but I saw the movie recently and realized "no, I am your father" is the line that makes sense considering the previous line is "[Obi-Wan] told me you killed him." It makes sense that "Luke, I am your father" would be repeated more because it provides the Star Wars context; no one would know what the fuck you were talking about if you went around saying "No, I am your father."

But nah, it's obviously CERN merging quantum realities.

can you show me an article or something that says when that happened? I'm not 100% going to say you're wrong but I'd like to see something official of when it happened because I can't find it.

I do now

No.

It was definitely called the Sears Tower before the name was changed.

Yep. I grew up and owned a bunch of Berenstein Bears books.

It was changed obviously because Stein is a jewish name and they didn't want to apply an ethnic theme to the characters.

Stuff changes. It happens. There are reasons for it. But for some of these people to deny they were once something else is silly. Their minds are too narrow to even entertain the idea

nelson Mandela was white last time a checked.
hmmm really makes you think.

no dude 2 realities converged, duh

I will always believe in this theory, "stein" was how I learned about jewish people

>Bringing up this same fucking argument for the last 2,000 years

We will never know faggot, it's the nature of reality but we work with it because it's perfectly reasonable to hold onto an idea until something comes along that shows its invalid.

This is why it only takes ONE counterexample to prove a scientific theory as false.

YOU'RE A FUCKING WHITE MALE

You specifically are retarded. Been that way since 2001 when I became aware.

suuuuure it was

next i'll bet you'll tell me texas isn't 80% of the US

no, the scientific method only deals in the physical and I am 99 percent sure that we exist in a reality that extends beyond what is colloquially known as the "universe"

I remember that in the movie dumbass. I'm not one of the people who heard that line from hearsay. I remember sitting down and watching Darth Vader say that.on my birthday.with my friends and family.with one of my friends who recently died, ok?

I remember that night vividly and every other night I watched that movie. I know it was fucking Luke. My friend who died was the one trying to force choke me and i distinctly remember him smiling and laughing at me saying that. That's one of the predominant memories I have of him when I think of him and it pisses me off to hear "all of your memories and each other person is memorizing everything wrong" from some shill jackass.

You won't find some things on the net. Stuff can be scrubbed from the web.

Take the incident of Tom Cruise having a meltdown when he got separated from his Scientology brainwashing handler, during an interview.

They found him shaking in a closet, terrified to be without his handler.

Guess what? Scientologists had it scrubbed from the web with their bulldog legal team. Lawsuits to anyone who even posted it online.

Now the name changes we're finding aren't as bad, but it's still proof that the web can be scrubbed of some information.

You don't know what a shill is do you.

>you're retarded and wrong because i was only ever aware of it being how i learned of it

Who's the retard now, dumbass?

I still have the books from the late 80s and some vhs of the cartoon

and its spelled berenstain on them

When did you see the movie? Recently or when it came out?

woah dude

Here's one you autistic moron. Everyone always says, "Luke, I am your father!" But the actual quote from the movie is, "No, I am your father!"

There you go. Kindly fuck off now nigger.

>no picture

welp, you tried

I don't know anything about that but assuming it's true it's bad press and people paid millions for it to be done, how is chick fil a changing its name anywhere near the same thing?

When shills lose arguments they tend to start name calling and accuse the persons they're arguing as "tinfoil", remember this guys.

Here are all the shills in the thread

From a business standpoint, your name is everything. Even business owners have paid to get name changes if their business goes sour, it's a regular practice.

You can make up whatever reasons seem most likely, but's it's done regularly.

>anyone who disagrees with me is a shill

You're pretty dumb, aren't you.

>Febreze
>Not Febreeze
K....

BERENSTEIN BEARS

I don't even have a camera

if they did change it from berenstein to berenstain it was sometime before the 80s