What are the best EU degrees? easiest careers to make 6 figures in?

what are the best EU degrees? easiest careers to make 6 figures in?

Other urls found in this thread:

bls.gov/ooh/architecture-and-engineering/mobile/electrical-and-electronics-engineers.htm
ucc.ie/en/ck101/economics/
nuigalway.ie/media/publicsub-sites/economics/files/timetables/Economics_undergrad_handbook_2016_17.pdf
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>he fell for the philosophy degrees are useless meme

>biochemistry is only Great Tier
;_;

Medicine

Toilet paper has one function - wiping your ass/benis/etc. That's one more function than a philosophy degree

>he thinks engineers automatically make loads of money

the guy who made this is an idiot that thinks the world works exactly how Stefan Molyneux and Sup Forums tells him. Doesn't realise that engineers make shit money and voluntarily go into teaching because engi is hyperinflated with qualified engineers.

To clarify I'm looking for something that's easy to earn a lot of money without having to have extremely good social skills to make it to the top

Are you a Trinity fag? I'm thinking of doing biochemistry, or doing medicinal chemistry so I can drop down to biochemistry if job prospects for medicinal chemistry are as bad as they look

Biochemistry is okay. You can land a research role or maybe something in the private pharmaceutical sector. It won't be amazing and you'll likely eventually need a PhD. I would suggest medicine if you like biochemistry. Much looser job market, and you have the possibility of working for yourself.

>mfw my dad is forcing me to do electrical engineering
Is it really that good ?

Not in the USA. Almost zero jobs.

They have one of the highest median incomes.

people who study philosophy are on average less spergy so they'll probably still make a lot more money than you haha

engineering is still a field where you're mostly selling yourself, not your qualifications.So it's going to be limited by how attractive you are to people socially.

Incorrect, as far as the USA job market. Electrical engineers have specific qualifications and certifications.

They also have a terrible job market at the moment.

bls.gov/ooh/architecture-and-engineering/mobile/electrical-and-electronics-engineers.htm

>trinity
UCD

>Applied linguistics

degrees are memes
just become a neet

I couldn't tell you the easiest but law is long hours (like most office jobs), doesn't take much intelligence and in Dublin will get you to 6 figures at a relatively good point in your life

t. Irish law student turned economist

I would say econ to you but that is a good deal harder than law

Being a neet is a meme. An old, stale and unfulfilling meme at that

Will you look at that? It seems we are all fucked. At least you won't have student loan debt. I am already in the hole.

>I am already in the hole
how much are you in debt with?

Do you have any evidence that that is a causal relationship. I.e, are rich people more likely to do riskier degrees like philosophy rather than the philosophy degree giving them their riches

n-no

>to make 6 figures

Become the president of Ireland.

>doing economics/ finance
am i fucked?

That hugely varies by country. Almost every engie I know in Poland earned close to or double the median right after graduation. Meanwhile lawyers are stuck with a decade of working for pathetic wages, often starting from the legally guaranteed minimum - worse than a fucking supermarket cashier. The market is so oversaturated that you can often hear desperate barristers advertising on CB radio.
In any case, if you're looking for EU-wide advice, go for something that teaches you knowledge useful everywhere. Medicine is probably the safest bet.

really? My dad told me i could do alot of shit with electric engineering , also i could be a computer engineer easily

Trudat brother, I'm just saying for him as someone who's worked in the field in Dublin, most solicitors were doing well for themselves and at the upper echelon obscenely well paid

>getting career advice from Sup Forums

Depends

Well what do you want to do with it?

medicine is much more useful than engies

also, micriobiology is one tier above shit like law, architecture etc especially since employment is a factor

Computer engineering is a separate section of qualifications. Computer engineers can be electrical engineers, but it doesn't work the other way around depending on what state you're living in.

what did you do to end up in russia?

I'm only here for around 3 months in all then moving back to Dublin

Studying foreign languages. Is there a slightest chance I won't end up in poverty?

Solicitor or barrister route? Seems like years of working for pennies and one case could fuck it up

How did you go from law to econ?

Sworn translator maybe? Could be a decent niche if you're learning the right language. Probably not millions though, but living well enough should be doable.

Solicitor is an easier route, barrister requires way more on nepotism and networking, is also way less stable.

So i started doing a law degree, worked in a law firm for almost half a year and decided I wanted to do what is actually my biggest interest both study wise and career wise (econ). Then dropped out of law and am now just getting ready to move on to the postgrad side of things in econ after my undergrad finishes

relies***

So did you finish your law undergrad or how far along did you get?

Did you do your undergrad in Russia? I have till tomorrow to revise my CAO choices and I was thinking of either law, econ, business or IT related. I'm definitely interested in economics would you recommend the field?

Ideally I want to know several asian languages but it'd probably take me a lifetime

Undergrad in tcd. I did 1st year of law with working in the law firm. I'd absolutely recommend econ, the maths side of things is very satisfying to do and everything is generally interesting. Opens many doors particularly in Dublin, and even if you decided to do law later you don't actually need a law degree to do that

Yeah I'm not sure if I'll get the points for pure econ but I was thinking of arts in UCD and they allow you to transfer to full time econ if you're good.

I enjoyed economics in the leaving cert always found it interesting, is third level similar basic micro and macro concepts but a lot more practical side of things?

So like leaving cert economics is relevant to micro in 1st year, where a lot of theories in your intro to econ thing you'll already know, after that you'll be on a level playing field with the rest of your cohort.

There's actually no way of doing 100% pure econ in trinity without doing a year at least of something else, I don't know if UCD is the same? In any case, you could put down TSM Econ (i.e. econ and a minor in something else) for some of the cao options, the combinations are all different points so. BESS is the most common way of doing econ in trinity and maybe the 5th highest points way of doing it or smth? I'm sure UCD's programme is very solid as well judging by some of my friends

In any case you might get higher points than you think lad

Yeah hopefully. I was also thinking NUIG economics course. What sort of job can be expected with an econ undergrad? Stockbroker or business consultancy civil service?

I'm just looking at the UCD degree there looks really well structured. Most people I know who've finished have gone into investment banking, stockbroking, management consultancy or accounting

I'm doing a philosophy degree and there's still some spectrum behavior. Nothing compared to the computer science dudes though, holy shit.

What about uccs course?

ucc.ie/en/ck101/economics/

See I'm conflicted since I'm from the Midlands and was considering either nuig or ucc, I suppose UCD/Trinity do have the best courses though

Where is electronics?

So I'm having trouble checking the NUIG one, obviously I'd say this being from Dublin but if i myself was choosing tomorrow I'd go trin or ucd no. 1. Again obviously this is a question of money/where friends are going too

I wonder if the maker of this was an engineer

well someone studying arts wouldn't be able to figure it out

>easiest careers to make 6 figures in?
>EU
If we're talking USD, it's impossible in Croatia. Only about 30 people have a salary of just under 100k USD.

Medicine is a great catch for Europeans where the state pays for all of your education. We leave Croatian med school with no debt, can start working in EU anywhere without nostrification. We don't even need to learn the native language right away. Germany offers foreign doctors German lessons along with the job. Going to USA is also possible, but a bit complicated due to degree nostrification.

nuigalway.ie/media/publicsub-sites/economics/files/timetables/Economics_undergrad_handbook_2016_17.pdf

That's the nuig layout, most of my friends are going to ucc/nuig but I guess UCD would be fine. What does the Ucc one look like?

Funnily enough I think I was talking to you about economics at Trinity on Eire about a year ago or so, you said you were doing joint economics and another subject but wouldn't say the other one as it was doxxable, obviously Russian!

You just might be right, the ucc one looked a bit vague in the earlier years but as long as you have maths/econometrics in there I'm sure it's grand

NUIG one looks good

Well thanks for all the advice. Hopefully I'll get into somewhere. 3 year UCD course I could do a post grad after I suppose. Thanks again!

No problem m8 I hope points go swimmingly for ye

>business

So do I! If not I guess a PLC wouldn't be so bad .. Good luck to yourself as well. Maybe we'll bump shoulders in the future.

Where should linguistics be on this list
Or computational linguistics

Lots of these don't apply to Germany.
Biology is shit tier for instance.