ITT: Albums that Sup Forums pretends to like but doesn't actually

ITT: Albums that Sup Forums pretends to like but doesn't actually

I unironically love ITAOTS

I unironically like trout mask replica

The owner of a local bar that I go to loves this album and I'm pretty sure he doesn't use Sup Forums, so I can believe people actually like it. Nobody likes ITAOTS though.

I unironically love both of these records.

All of these. Never understood the appeal.

this album is seriously good. the drumming is how i got into it

You like Captain Beefheart but not ITAOTS.

No it's not.

No, I like Captain Beefheart and ITAOTS.

I would even say I like ITAOTS more.

Spiderland a shit.

It's not that interesting drumming wise either. I don't get this meme. There's better math rock out there, and there's much better textured drumming. The drumming on Spiderland sounds good mostly just because they purposely put them forward in the mix- the album has very little else going for it.

>pretending to like things
yeah i check scaruffi.com to make sure i'm allowed to enjoy albums. this board is a fucking joke

I'm not sure you understand how this thread works. We're posting records we think the rest of Sup Forums pretends to like (because the original posters of said records think they're overrated/bad).

the entire discography of "death grips"

ayy, i got satan trips

We get it, you watch Anthony Fantano's reviews!

these three are good.

american football is garbage though.

i don't watch melon, but thanks for the delicious (You)

No they're not.

It's a great record, but not the masterpiece that Sup Forums made me believe it was.
Don't know what the hell to think of this shit.
I really like this one. Took me a good long while to get into it though.

americ anfootball sucks balls.

Shit taste confirmed.

Death trips

very impressive

No one doesn't like this

I sincerely enjoy all of these.

Holy shit

No you don't.

I do. I wouldn't lie, you can trust me user; I'm the only genuine poster on mu

fight me irl

Alright. My bad.

I like these all to a varying degree. Especially ItAOtS. American Football is probably one of my least favorite midwestern emo albums I've heard, but it's still midwest emo, damnit.

I appreciate this in the same way I appreciate Merzbow. I'm entertained by its existence, but struggle to find it in any way phonetically pleasing, unless I'm in a VERY niche mood.

ITAOTS is legitimately a brilliant album that isn't even hard to get into. It's a really enjoyable listen.

No it's not.

You take that back right now. MBDTF is a modern fucking masterpiece. You are not wavy sir.

I want neo-Sup Forums to leave and die IRL

No it's not.
Yes it is.

????

You fucking heard me.

People pretend to like music? What is this autism?

Yeah, Sup Forums

This is one of my favorites, not gonna lie senpai.

the velvet underground wasn't noisy enough desu, they needed more songs like i heard her call my name

I love MBDTF but I wouldn't even say Sup Forums pretends to like it. Seems like everyone here says it's shit now or just mediocre. What happened? Why did everyone turn on this album?

I don't really like Andy Warhol

My bountiful is bad

C H E C K ' E M B O Y S

never got the appeal with these

these are great

This album is beautiful. It's so amazing.

The drumming is excelent, i love the heavy use of ghost notes, the way the drumming is arranged with the other instruments, the very tasteful use of pauses and fills like in nosferatu man, there is a lot of nuance if you listen closely, even in slower tracks like washer. What i really like about the drumming in spiderland, is while not being over the top virtuosic, it brings some really nuanced sounds to the music and also complements the overall sound and feel the album is going for perfectly.