Name a valid complaint about this sport

Name a valid complaint about this sport.

It's not a sport

>tf
>tt

Anything with a ball is not a sport

>too much corruption
>haven't figured out a way to use VAR without interrupting the game

That's it, this game is perfect.

too much money involved

Divefags

>name a valid complaint
>no, that complaint isn't valid, because I said so

Nah, I'll pass.

the players are dainty little sweetie pies who fall and roll around in the grass.
they overcompensate with tattoos and fancy haircuts.
also brazilians spread disease and parasites worldwide via the sport. they are a filthy people mere generations removed from penis gourds and open defecation.

Semen slurping is not a sport.

>haven't figured out a way to use VAR without interrupting the game

They have though and it's completely straightforward the whole "muh muhmentum" is pure fucking garbage

>Incident happens that the referee (wrongly) doesn't call for
>Play continues until VAR buzz his fag band and tell him to stop play

I really don't get the issue. The referee wouldn't be checking the monitor some other referee would. The real reason it isn't brought in is because it makes (((corruption))) much much more difficult. And if you know anything about (((them))) you'll know they don't like anyone interrupting their profits.

>Soccerball totally isn't a threat to the (((big 4))) in the USA
>That's why it's the only popular sport to have a salary cap and super strict rules

Its played by over paid faggots who care more about how styled their hair is than actually playing the game

overprices

It's dumb.

Lack of multiple balls

like you

Minimal adverts
No lycra
Players not fat enough

probably best not to be a soccer fan because you'll end up dying in a stampede

>no lycra

Are you trying to make the sport even gayer that it already is?

>No lycra
This tbqh, if americans cant see a neat outline of the players' asses they will never watch

Referees

>Inconsistent officiating
>well documented corruption

It just ends whenever the fuck, you will never have a true buzzer beater moment in a soccer match

We're a few steps away of AI referees, that should solve it, we already have tens of cameras pointing at everybody the whole game.

Diving

diving
corruption (especially fifa)
no parity
too much money

What the fuck? Last minute goal are epic.

Im talking last second goals, the shit sports movies are made of except its happening in real life

Is there a city in the United States, where MLS (Major League Soccer) is the most popular and most dominant professional sports league. And where soccer is the favorite pastime of Americans?

goals from outside the box only counts as one goal

It's for dummies

There really are only three or four sports that can engage the mind of an intellectual like myself

My team doesn't win

no

Americans are patricians

Stupid Americans call it soccer instead of foot truncated icosohdron

My guess is that SLC has a strong fan base. The Jazz are terrible every year but those fans are strong. That said its still backseat to basketball there I'm sure

1) Anyone can play it, only the rich can succeed at it
2)There are legit only 5-6 teams who won the world cup, out of 200 countries, that's an awful proportion.
3)No standard regulation size pitches. Stadiums can be different widths/lengths.
4)The style of play the past 10 years has been boring as fuck. Defend and counter attack. Can you remember a team other than Barcelona who did something different? That's right, you can't. That's why they were so praised. They held the ball and outperformed you without a quick winger gimmick.
5) Games are dull, slow, and boring. This is especially true because of the formats in big tournament. Who the fuck thought it was fine to let the top 3 advance from a group? Look at Portugal, who didn't have to win a single group stage. This in itself is an absolute joke and made the Euro the worst tournament we have all seen since 2010. Good job, Europeans. The defensive bus parking was so fun to watch!
6)Speaking of Europe, let's talk about mercenaries. A bunch of fucking team nowadays fielding players who were not even born in their own country. The goalscorer for Portugal today? African. The goalscorer to win the Euro? African. In fact, just looking at the "Portuguese" team says enough

>Eder (born Bissau, Guinea-Bissau)
>Nani (born Praia, Cape Verde)
>Pepe (born Maceió, Brazil)
>William Carvalho (born Luanda, Angola)
>Danilo (born Bissau, Guinea-Bissau)
>Adrien Silva (born Angoulême, France)
>Cedric (born Singen, Germany)
>Raphaël Guerreiro (born Le Blanc-Mesnil, France)
>Anthony Lopes (born Givors, France)
>Armindo Tué Na Bangna. Bruma (born Bissau, Guinea-Bissau)
>Edgar Miguel lé (born Bissau, Guinea-Bissau)
>Kévin Rodrigues (born Bayonne, France)

Sorry, just typing that already threw me into a fit
I'm not even adding the other younger players like the backup goalkeeper Joel Castro Pereira who is 20 years old and was born in Switzerland and never once stepped foot in Portugal until he was 19 years old.

Sick of it m8s

0-0 Final

Qatar hosting a World Cup

>Anyone can play it only the rich can succeed.
Blatant shitpost, more than 80% of recent successful footballers were dirt fucking poor.
>There are legit only 5-6 teams who won the world cup.
Get good?
>The style of play of the past 10 years has been boring as fuck.
The past 10 years has seen a increase in the usage of a 443, 442 and most recently 343. A rise in tactically astute pressing and dynamic attackers. Monaco is a prime example of a team with a clear and different flair in their style. Plus many people, such as I, enjoy the counter attacking style as opposed to robotic possession based sides.
>Games are dull, slow, and boring. This is especially true because of the formats in big tournament.
Did you even watch the UCL? Or are you just mad one of the big teams you mentioned earlier didn't win the Euro to validate your point that only big teams win.
>Speaking of Europe, let's talk about mercenaries. A bunch of fucking team nowadays fielding players who were not even born in their own country.
That's completely on the player and which side of their lineage or citizenship they choose to represent.

a response to

>dives
>penalties
>time wasting

There's not enough of it. I die every other summer when all we have is Confed Cup or fucking Gold Cup.

Injury time, the whole clock thing in fútbol/soccer/divegrass is dumb.

>Name a valid complaint about this sport.
Many games end in a tie

it's fuggin gay lmao

every fucking time Costa Rica. Never change.

--Mistakes of the referee (refball): at least half of the games are a wrong score, errors with pens and offsides in every game.
-As a special case of the first point: diving. Players are encouraged to dive since It has no consecuences.
-Also related to 1: Rules are ambiguous and prone to interpretación. In example: handball
-Using penalties for resolving drawings is incredibly stupid.
-Away goal rule in UCL

I think it's time thing is weird. The point of the timer is to count down to the end of the period/half/etc. it's not like running where you're measuring when you
Finish a race. I think it should go down.

That's with any goal sport that awards only 1 point when it's scored to the goal.

There is no standard way to measure extra time.
Fouls arbitrary
Flopping everywhere
Best player not American

easily prone to horrible decisions by the refs

Video review is a necessary fix to the sport but most people hate it because MUH PACE OF GAME

Too much of the game is spent passing back and forth midfield. At any given point, half the players on the field aren't even involved in the play. They're just walking or slow jogging to a new spot totally separate from what is going on in the actual 'play'.

Way, way too much of the game is decided by the officials and is completely subjective. Stoppage time, yellows and reds, the field being so large they can't see much of what goes on, are the primary issues.

Teams just buying and selling players blows. If your team isn't owned by an absurdly wealthy sand nigger, you have no chance to ever win anything. 95% of teams are immediately ruled out of post-season success because they can't buy the kind of players the super rich teams can.

Make the field smaller for more exciting plays; remove offside. Eliminate the 0-0 draw from soccer and it'll be exciting for once.

It sounds dumb but im all for it desu.

>4 players born and formed in France
I'm so proud of my country

no shot clock

So turn it into futsal?

Not enough commercial breaks

Not enough helmets and armours.

Players diving and faking injury during injury time

It's not baseball.

People care too much about the money involved

Games too long

> team scores
> celebrates on field
> clock still running

The clock should at least stop after a team has scored.