I still don't get why he renounced his humanity and turned against his own species

I still don't get why he renounced his humanity and turned against his own species

Was it like Stockholm syndrome?

His boss bullied him.

>he wouldn't sell out his race to have psychedelic mind/body butt sex with Neytriri
what are you gay?

>future Soros
versus
>Neytiri and flying dragons and general utopia

The choice is obvious desu

He loved that he was able to run again since he was a cripple, and he fell in love with Navi culture and Netryi.

Because he realized what they were doing was wrong?

Imagine you and your people have lives in this place for generations, then some outsiders come and tell you they want the rocks under your home and they are going to destroy it to get them. Who do you think is in the wrong there?

Alien pussy is worth it.

I've done worse shit for worse pussy.

You degenerates.

>Because he realized what they were doing was wrong?
What they were doing was necessary. Without those rocks humanity was doomed to die.
Now if only Cameron had explained that to the viewers instead of making it look like humans were just a bunch of greedy fucks.

It was because adblock became useless. I'd betray my own species too if I had to look at stupid fucking internet ads irl every goddamn day.

>Without those rocks humanity was doomed to die.
Should have probably just nuked the blue guys then.

Humanity didn't deserve to live.

>>its never seen Dances With Wolves

*tipping intensifies*
I agree, every single one of them was a cunt except for Quaritch

I'll never understand if this is an attempt at legitimate criticism or just a meme at this point.

What did Avatar do to get so much normie hate? It's not ridiculously unoriginal. It's also a reddit complaint

Quaritch having his own Avatar would be really lit

Reminder.

They tried to remake dances with wolves but simply forgot to add a good reason why he betrayed his people.

Watch the extended version. Sure, the pacing is fucked and besides the intro there's no worthwhile scenes added, but it shows you just how shit Earth is.

Frozen is less similar to any written work than Titanic is to the plethora of previous dramatisations of the disaster prior.

>turned against his own species

You mean mining corporation and their mercenaries

Yeah but the RDA is a quasi-governmental organization. It runs ten of the most expensive pieces of technology ever built by humanity, the ISVs. It's basically America and America owns the world

Come to think of it
>95% of the world is culturally cucked by a country with 5% of the population
lol

One tree on a planet full of trees vs a very valuable ore.

Who do you think is in the wrong here?

The aliens
I'm talking about the humans

>denying humans the gimmedats

When did liberals become such hypocrites?

White men are evil and greedy
Colonialism is bad
Doing what you feel to be right is the better choice
Tree niggers are KANGZ that can take down spaceships with arrows

Didn't you get the last 2628373 memos?

>this mineral is vital for the future existence of our race
>if this mineral would be unavailable everyone I, my family, everyone I know and everyone I've ever seen plus a couple billion more will die a slow agonizing death
>better try to earn as much shekels as possible out of it

siding with the humans is the most retarded thing you can do. This conflict should also be explained and explored more in the sequels because as of now the mining company are just ultra-greedy jews

also an excellent opportunity to post more Neytiri and other na'vi

fucking hippy
being mind controlled by a fucking tree and living in the stone age is more hell than it is utopia
the myth of the noble savages is just a myth

No one has yet correctly given the real primary reason for why Jake did what he did.

It's called "going native", user. It's a popular film/tv/ trope, but it's also a real thing that really happens. "Going native" is one of the shared tropes among those adventure films with which Avatar is frequently compared, such as Dune.

Basically what happens is that modern whitey realizes what was missing: community, relationships, and the pleasures of living simply. It's much easier to feel the pull when you are an exotic locale which yet has familar, human(oid) lifeways.

This is why RL historian Jack Weatherford moved permanently to Mongolia. It's (somewhat) why Paul Atreides became a fremen, it's why Lawrence stayed a time in Arabia, it's why the white people who came into contact with Kurtz in the jungle voluntarily stayed with him/the group, and it's why Jake Sully abandoned his crippled ugly little body in favor of being a 9'12" blue catnigger /WHO CAN ACTUALLY WALK AROUND AND FROLIC IN THE COOL JUNGLE AND SHIT./

The other big pulls are that in the extra-long version, it is made expressly clear that Jake Sully, not unlike Luke Skywalker, has nothing of his own and little to lose. Guy has a shitty little apartment and no gf (sound familiar?) This frees the protagonist of our Bildungsroman(s) to take whatever adventurous path the script dictates.

Being able to fucking walk again is a huge, huge pull. Talk to a cripple sometime who once had the use of their legs. I would go as far as to suggest that that's the one plus that tipped him over the edge.

Why are you trying to find and emotional motivation in the most simple of the situations?

Humans need the metal
Humans have the means to take it no matter what
They do it
(Then ofc insert gimmick victory here to have a happy ending for the natives but this point doesnt matter)

>muh feelz

>Without those rocks humanity was doomed to die.
really?
i thought they needed it for space travel or something. What is it actually for?

are there any good movies dealing with the disillusion of the act of "going native"? Like a modern whitey going native till he realizes that it's the fucking worst?

i would've done the same.
>super agile body
>free dragon
>qt native gf
>everyone respects you
or
>no legs body
>useless dick
>everyone bullies you
>no gf

it's not a matter of feels, it's a matter of a plot element being poorly fleshed out and therefor the mining company is shown as a greedy unscrupulous organization.
I have to say that it was retarded that the seemingly only source of the mineral was just under one of the few settlements in the area. I mean there has to be other deposits on the moon. But then again avatar has a fair share of unanswered questions

Mind link sex.

vs

No legs

Jewish propaganda?

>When Abatap comes again — as he repeatedly promised to do — he will come through the chans with glory and power, accompanied by a host of Na'vi. All the boards will see His coming, and even his enemies will realize they have been opposing the Son of The Tree of Souls. The Book of Cameron says, “Look, he is coming with the clouds, and every eye will see him, even those who pierced him…. So shall it be!

Humanity is lead by a bunch of ego-maniacal liars. I bet the unobtainium was ground down into a potent sex drug or something.

It is a room temperature superconductor.

The use is obvious.

Genocide>sex
You can always keep one of those blue niggers as a sex slave.
Bet you can put your dick in their hair.

it also makes things such as mountains float

I dont remember the extended edition showing much of earth

Will the protagonists avatar mind transfer machine eventually run out of power?
will he be like an old legless dwarf living with his family of blue cat giant indians?
i would watch that as a sequel

He transferred to the body at the end of the movie. I feel like 50% of redditors hating on Avatar were too young to see it in theaters.

I watched it when I was ELEVEN, so I want all you underagefags to fuck off.

he just wanted to walk again
and also blue pussy

He fell in love and wanted to be with her. That and he could walk again. It really has nothing to do with turning against his own kind.

Frozen is an adaptation?

he gets permanently transferred to his avatar body in the end of the movie. It would be interesting if he'd been forced to live as a human part time. The interaction with his mate and their kids would at least be a unique setup.

>Be a 10 foot tall badass dragon riding warlord fucking Neytiri and living in Utopia

Or

>Be a crippled faggot on a shitty version of Earth

Tough choice tbqhfamalam

Pretty much this.

What was the get @

Avatar's Earth is overpopulated, immensely polluted, and has next-to-no functioning ecosystems left. It's a dystopian hellhole, where the very skies are littered with holographic advertisements & immense light pollution. The only food left for the vast majority of people is reflavoured algae & spirulina.

In comparison, Pandora's a veritable utopia. It'd be interesting if the upcoming sequels could shed light on the darker side of the Na'vi & the moon's ecosystem, or maybe expand on human motivations outside of corporate profiteering.

Virtue-signaling morons that want to show off their contrarian right-wing politics always seem to feel obligated to worship sheer militaristic machismo, if only out of habit.

I think this guy summed it up pretty well

They have a mine right next to their base.

That's the one that decided the placement of it, and every subsequent mine has to be subservient to it because you can't just pick these things up and drop them wherever you want, the equipment has to be driven.

Aside from that, the element is only found in the places that have floating mountains, which none of the other areas briefly shown have.