Germany plan to fine up to €50m for "hate speech"

telegraph.co.uk/technology/2017/03/14/germany-threatens-fine-social-media-companies-50m-hate-speech/

Why?

because they are fucking nazis silencing media is their strongest weapon

I hate how American prudes and sjw's and German nazis ensure Dutch content gets censored.

Our freedom is under attack.

Replace hatespeech for political enemies.

What are you talking about. Things are much less censored than they were 10 years ago

The funny thing is Dutch politicians get silenced on social media quite often.

A Dutch labour party (left wing) politician talked about Turkish censorship on Facebook and her profile got deleted.
Wilders has tweets that are unavailable in Germany.
Some politicians also got shadow banned on twitter.

For you perhaps. Not for us. The more dominant American social media becomes the more censorship we get.

10 years ago all Dutch people atill used Hyves instead of Facebook.
And Dutch search engines were more popular (now we only have ixquick and startpage).

There is a reason why so much content online is hosted here. Not because we have such great freedom of speech laws, but we at least follow a correct notice and takedown and legal procedure instead of forcing companies to take become judge jury and executioner themselves.

*to take action and become

They should just take the risk and abandon the german market. It will show the german population that we indeed live under a fucking leftist dictatorship and maybe then the people will get angry and throw Merkel in the next river. It would probably take like 10 months until everyone here freaks out because they can't read their daily normie posts. If this massive loss of social media doesn't make the people protest against the government, nothing will.

Seriously because the shit that's said on tv and radio is much more vulgar than out was

I hate the left so much.

It's Heiko Maas, the Federal Minister of Justice and Consumer Protection of Germany, who wants to force this law. Pic related.
He is known as a left fascist and anti-German son of a bitch and that's why people on facebook insult him, call him "Volksverräter" (people's traitor), threaten to kill him or demand that he gets hung. He can't endure the resistance against him and the other SPD-fascists and now he wants those people to be silenced.

>censorship
Yeah I am sure that will work out...

*than it was

Does that include hate espoused by religious groups?

Only if they are Christian i bet

>leftist dictatorship
>centre-right government
most censorship and surveillance laws are rooted in right governments :^)

Our tv is a bit tamer and slower than American tv in general, but there are no real content restrictions. Which does lead to the occasional unintentionally wild things. Like discrimination on Hollands Got Talent, destroying random property (like throwing in windows), breaking laws like when pulling the emergency breaks on a train, sexual assault, raw sex and drug usage on tv. Which often goes unnoticed due to the unsensational pace of our tv.

Especially the youth broadcasters of the public government funded channels tend to show insane programs.

AND I'M PROUD TO BE AN AMERICAN

I really want to go to America if things don't get better via voting