ITT your favorite movie of 2016 and why. Pic related is mine. I enjoyed the tension between the characters...

ITT your favorite movie of 2016 and why. Pic related is mine. I enjoyed the tension between the characters. The only thing I didn't like was the ending. I thought it was kinda meh.

Appropriately serious and humorous at the right times, always engaging even in the boardroom scenes, the night attack scene and score were GOAT, and the train attack scene was great, contrary to popular belief

Also Kayoko Ann Patterson and hiromi were qt

Forgot pic

retard

Walk across your screen and say that too my ass, fishface

No new movie I saw this year more fundamentally and thoroughly satisfied me as a filmgoer expecting entertainment than this one.

This or Noctural Animals

Would've been amazing if they'd stopped it right as she got out of the bunker, then saw the alien ship in the distance "You've gotta be fucking kidding me..." Done, end it there. Perfect.
But noooo, it keeps going for another 10-15 fucking minutes because americans need explosions in every fucking movie

This is the only movie with a budget over $50 million that I've liked this year.

Reminder that The Divide is better

Are you baiting? What the bloody fuck did you like about this piece of shit? The fact that none of the jokes were funny at all? That's not a great achievement

2016 has somehow been worse than 2015

only movie worth watching was zootopia

not that user, but i had the opposite reaction you did. i thought nearly every joke landed. Nixon? the bee? And stuff? had me in fucking stitches. while i wouldn't say it's my fav of the year, i did have a blast watching it.

as for my top film i've seen this year, i think i'd say it was Knight of Cups or Louder Than Bombs. i haven't really watched many new ones this summer so i'm a bit out of touch.

>only thing worth watching was a flick of a nigger fucking my wife, conceiving, and I don't wanna give it away but I raise my wife's nigger baby as my own and it grows up to be more destructive than Godzilla. Cultural relativism F T Wwww

My mother thought the ending was "naff", having no experience of what "Cloverfield" was. I thought it was slightly jarring. We both enjoyed everything else.

I loved the ending. Would it have been better for you if it was a ruse all along?

i really liked this too, what else should i watch if i enjoyed it?

Literally everyone hated the ending to the movie. The film went from a tense, believable thriller to a stupid sci-fi action flick in literally less than 30 seconds. This movie had nothing to do with Cloverfield and it isn't even set in the same Universe as the movie. It was originally called "The Cellar" but then Abrams bought the script and made it into a sequel to a random 2008 found footage movie most audiences don't even remember. It would've been my fav film of 2016 if it had the original title and just ended at her leaving the bunker, and driving off into the unknown.

They literally could have ended it as soon as she leaves the house just before she sees the spaceship.

Probably Sausage Party.
I gave it an 8/10. No 9/10 or 10/10 films this year, at least not that I've seen.
Sausage Party made me laugh out loud several times, which is at least something.

I like that it was played straight. I don't think a movie like it was made before.

I would've been totally fine with it if she went outside and even saw the spaceship, and then end it there. We didn't need 8-12 more minutes of her throwing molotovs and hiding from alien robot dogs.
You can reveal that it wasn't a ruse without degenerating into typical nonsense.

This is mine also.

Significantly better movie like it made before

>imdb: 5.8
>metascore: 28
I'll dl it but just so you know, I think you're baiting.

this was extremely well executed. one of the best experiences in a movie theatre

It's not bait. Try reading the reviews, they literally hate it for being too fucking real. Apparently graphic rape, murder, torture, and child abuse is too much for the normie mind to handle. As if this isn't literally how society would decay in a post-apocalyptic scenario

I'm just saying, I don't want you acting all smug and shit just because you got an user to watch your low score movie. I watch almost anything Sup Forums recommends so don't think you're special. Baka.

This. The Divide is amazing. Absolute post apocalyptickino. It's very gritty and graphic with no happy ending in sight

Green Room

It just does everything right, I can't really think of any other movie this year that does everything so right despite doing so many things 'wrong'

The ending is absolutely perfect

"Tell somebody who gives a shit"

Agree with both these posts.
Is Nocturnal Animals really that good? It's like the only movie I'm looking foward to this year other than Silence.

how good is it?

I didn't get it at all.

this was such a great movie

5.5/10 This movie triggered me. Competently made, but almost everything about it pissed me off. 2/3 of the main characters were infuriating.

Pretty good. 6.5-7/10

Fun movie. 6.5/10

Pretty solid until the end. 6/10

>Everybody Wants Some = 7.5/10
Comfy as fuck, and hilarious. Best thing I think I've seen. Obviously not as "dramatic" as Hell or Highwater, but it has fewer faults.

Wait is Silence this year? I'm more waiting on La La Land because of based Emma and Goose

I read somewhere that it was coming out near the end of December, so hopefully.

Are you a child? This movie was surprisingly unfunny. I honestly lost a lot of repect for the Goose.

Angry Birds and The Neon Demon

2016 was pretty weak.

Suicide Squad

Pleb.

What's yours? You opinion on others' picks means little if it cannot be compared to your own.

The first third of Nocturnal Animals is sluggish but everything after that is fantastic.

>will probably still lose best animated feature to furshit

Murricunts have no taste

Arrival, Green Room, or Kubo

kino ya right shit was strait to video for a reson

Because you type like a middle schooler?

did you guys fuck after watching the movie?

No shit. It won't even be nominated. The Academy awards are a self-congratulatory American industry award show, not a mark of quality..

this. i blame JJ

Finding Dory

Probably The Witch cuz I only saw like 4 movies this year.

John Goodman was amazing in this movie. He made me feel soooo uncomfortable. Subtleties like him shaving his beardafter he killed Emmet was just so unsettling.

actually it was the Directors idea. He felt that her story shouldn't just end there. You can blame Jew Jew, but in reality he had very little to do with this movie because he was too busy making a shitty Star Wars movie.

10 cloverfeild ending means this is the best movie so far. It a well made movie, but there better be a good movie coming out in december as this really isn't a MOTY, but it is right now by default.

Warcraft. I love fantasy movies and it was about as close as Hollywood ever got to one from the 80s/90s in this era.

>inb4 shit taste
I haven't had such a good time at the movies this year, except when I saw this movie. I know its a remake of a remake. I don't care. I went in with low expectations, and I had a great time.

kek, what would imply they even bother to nominate it
do you even know the oscar judges man?
gonna be between moana, finding dory and zootopia. and i bet moana gonna win

wow, what horrible taste you have

This was great, I liked Hacksaw Ridge and BvS as well

This is one of my favorite movies period. THANK YOU.